Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair vs Royal Air Maroc

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:55 pm
aau
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Finnair vs Royal Air Maroc

Looking at a Biz redemption Europe-NYC, I have a choice between Finnair A350 vs RAM 788. Which would be the better choice? Never flown RAM, flown Finnair only in coach. TIA
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:25 pm

Finnair might be safer here. AT 788 is in 2-2-2 configuration (and slightly older), while AY 350 has a new 1-2-1 configuration (provided that the aircraft you fly offers it). Are you sure it's 788 on AT? JFK is usually by 789 which has a 1-2-1 configuration (also newer aircraft)
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:05 am
aau
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Thanks for your response. I see two AT CMN-JFK flights, one in the morning on a 788 and one in the afternoon on a 789. Only the morning flight is available on the day I want to travel, but if I extend my trip by a day or two, there is availability on the later 789 flight.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
I flew both within a few days this summer - AY LAX-ARN and back on A359 (without the new J seats), and AT CMN-JFK on the 789. Both experiences were completely mediocre in all respects except hard product. On the latter, both are 1-2-1 with virtually identical lie flat reverse herringbone seats, quite compfortable and OK space. Food was terrible on AT, barely OK on AY. Service was ho-hum in the air and terrible on thr ground (e.g. boading chaos, clueless check in agents) on both and lounges at ARN and CMN were terrible, overcrowded and basic. Personally I wouldnt choose either unless I absolutely had to - or as in my case, the award tickets in J were super reasonable versus otehr carriers. Choose the longest flight transatlantic going east, and keep your expectations low! And as others have said, avoid the AT 788 as its 2-2-2.
chrisny2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.