S7 Airlines Priority (Elite) Status Extension due to COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist

S7 Airlines, the Russian carrier and member of Oneworld, have sent out emails to their "Priority" Elite members with a voucher to extend their S7 Status until the end of 2021

For reference:
S7 Priority Silver = Oneworld Ruby (requires 20,000 status miles per year)
S7 Priority Gold = Oneworld Sapphire (requires 50,000 status miles per year)
S7 Priority Platinum = Oneworld Emerald (requires 75,000 status miles per year)

I currently hold S7 Priority Silver (dropped down from Gold in March 2020 as a soft landing) and as a result I have been sent an e-certificate code via email which is valid for 20,000 status miles

I've just activated the code on my account on the S7 website and my account was instantly updated to reflect the additional status miles. Please note, these certificates do not have to be used by you, you may give them to friends or family to redeem on their account (handy if they are just short of Gold or Platinum status for example).

See below for email screenshot:

Email from S7 Airlines on Saturday 6th June
Old Jun 7, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Certainly an interesting way of doing it. Would be really nice to gift to someone else if you were going to retain status anyway from Jan-March flying.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Interesting way of doing it. Assume they are single use codes.
Miles also have redemption value (unlike say if BA or QF gave out TP/SCs)
Old Jul 1, 2020, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
S7 status mile certificates

The S7 status mile certificates are indeed single use codes. What I don't know if whether you can use a code from someone else to top up account (if you've already used one).

For example I had 20,000 one for S7 silver but if someone had spare 50,000 one they weren't using, that could potentially get me to S7 Platinum (Oneworld Emerald).

It says in t&'s (Google translated) "Copy the certificate number and activate it from the link below. Profile data will be updated within 5 minutes (Personal Account → My Miles → Status in S7 Priority program). The certificate is valid until August 31, 2020 inclusive. One member can use the certificate for status miles only once." But I'm not sure if that's just saying the certificate can only be used one or you can only apply max one status cert per account

QUOTE=moa999;32441603]Interesting way of doing it. Assume they are single use codes.
Miles also have redemption value (unlike say if BA or QF gave out TP/SCs)[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.