Search

Q re latest date of travel on OW issued RTW ticket change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Q re latest date of travel on OW issued RTW ticket change

My parents kicked off a OW RTW Dec 27th. They are currently in SCL but now have to fly to Europe this week then back to the US. As such, their SCL-USA flight is still un-used. Is it possible to continue paying the change fee and moving it later until such time as they want to return to Chile and use it, or must it be used by 1year from the day the trip began? Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
1 year from the first flight.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
My parents kicked off a OW RTW Dec 27th. They are currently in SCL but now have to fly to Europe this week then back to the US. As such, their SCL-USA flight is still un-used. Is it possible to continue paying the change fee and moving it later until such time as they want to return to Chile and use it, or must it be used by 1year from the day the trip began? Thanks.
Rolling all the dates on the remaining flights to say ~6 or 9 months time, on the same routes, should not incur the $125 change fee. Some airlines charges a service fee ($25?)
Any LATAM flights? The issue is LATAM is leaving OW on 30 April 2020. So after that date more changes to LATAM flights in a xONEx may not be possible. LATAM will honour existing reservations as at 30 April 2020. Full details will be in OW forum as they become public.

Edit
OP's associated thread
What can I do? American have RUINED our vacation? (RTW ticket issues)
allset2travel likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 3, 2020 at 8:19 pm
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As the oneworld forum is the best forum for dealing with RTW tickets, we will move this there and leave a trailing link in the AA forum.

Mwenenzi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.