Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Booking premium economy on AA vs BA -- seat selection?

Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:47 am
Original Poster

I'm looking at a paid round trip flight in premium economy that would be on AA in one direction and BA in the other. The flights are the same price if I book the itinerary through AA or BA. If I understand correctly, I can reserve seats for free if I book through AA, but must pay 40 each way if I book through BA.

However, if I make the reservation through AA, it does not let me reserve my BA seat online. Can I still make a seat reservation for free if I buy the BA flight through AA, or will I need to call and pay 40? I'm trying to avoid paying for seat reservations, but not sure if that's possible.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by giblet
I'm looking at a paid round trip flight in premium economy that would be on AA in one direction and BA in the other. The flights are the same price if I book the itinerary through AA or BA. If I understand correctly, I can reserve seats for free if I book through AA, but must pay 40 each way if I book through BA.

However, if I make the reservation through AA, it does not let me reserve my BA seat online. Can I still make a seat reservation for free if I buy the BA flight through AA, or will I need to call and pay 40? I'm trying to avoid paying for seat reservations, but not sure if that's possible.
Many threads in the AA & BA forums on BA seating policy/fees
For a flight operated by BA I think you have to pay, unless mid-top level status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.