Wiki Posts
Search

OW emerald benefits for others in booking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
OW emerald benefits for others in booking

When flying BA as a BA Gold with someone without status in the same booking we both have the usual OW Emerald benefits. This week I flew IB from MAD to BIO in Y together with a BA Blue member in the same booking and this person was given Group 3 boarding and no Fast Track (we both were given lounge access). My boarding pass was not accepted at the general security check so I was forced to go through Fast Track and we had to go separately. First world problems, I know, but it was a bit annoying and I couldn’t find anything conclusive on FT and the OW website.
Anyone knows more about policy in these matters?

Last edited by Great_circle; Oct 4, 2019 at 10:55 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Great_circle
When flying BA as a BA Gold with someone without status in the same booking we both have the usual OW Emerald benefits. This week I flew IB from MAD to BIO in Y together with a BA Blue member in the same booking and this person was given Group 3 boarding and no Fast Track (we both were given lounge access). My boarding pass was not accepted at the general security check so I was forced to go through Fast Track and we had to go separately. First world problems, I know, but it was a bit annoying and I couldn’t find anything conclusive on FT and the OW website.
Anyone knows more about policy in these matters?
The only specific OW Emerald benefit that I'm aware of as it relates to others is being able to guest one person into a OW lounge. And that's regardless of whether they are on the same booking or not. Other benefits that may be conferred to others in same booking is based on policy of individual airline (e.g. BA, IB).
Great_circle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.