Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Arriving in F + Departing in J (separate tickets). Can I access F lounge?

Old Aug 18, 19, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

i am flying DFW LHR in BA F arriving in T5. I am then flying LHR + BCN aim BA J departing from T3.

these are separate tickets due to changes in plans.

Will i I be able to access the CX F lounge in T3? Based on my understanding of the OW lounge access rules, the answer is yes. However, I’ve never experienced this on separate tickets.

Thank you.
  • “First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.”
Old Aug 18, 19, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You're not connecting if you have separate tickets. Essentially you're asking either for access based on the J ticket or for access to an arrival lounge based on the F ticket.
Old Aug 18, 19, 11:36 pm
R2

IME in such a situation you will be granted access to the First departures lounges. The lounge staff would not check if your two flights are on a single ticket or two separate tickets.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
IME in such a situation you will be granted access to the First departures lounges. The lounge staff would not check if your two flights are on a single ticket or two separate tickets.
Entirely agree. OP just keep hold of your inbound bp as you may need to show it when accessing the CX lounge in T3. The AA and BA F lounges are also available to you. You can also try the QF lounge too.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: None any more
I agree too. I'm pretty sure you will just be asked for your inbound boarding pass to access the lounges under OW rules. I don't recall anyone ever asking about the underlying ticketing arrangements.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
You're not connecting if you have separate tickets. Essentially you're asking either for access based on the J ticket or for access to an arrival lounge based on the F ticket.
Experience shows and as posted, oneworld based access with such connecting flights on separate PNR's is generally granted.
Old Oct 1, 19, 3:22 pm

I have a similar question. I'm going to be inbound to LAX on QF J and then connecting to BOS on B6 Y. Can I access the QF lounge or an Admirals club on just the inbound QF ticket?
Old Oct 1, 19, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mabramovich View Post
I have a similar question. I'm going to be inbound to LAX on QF J and then connecting to BOS on B6 Y. Can I access the QF lounge or an Admirals club on just the inbound QF ticket?
No access to oneworld lounges at LAX in that scenario. You need to be departing on a oneworld operated & marketed flight, or connecting between two oneworld operated & marketed flights.
Old Oct 1, 19, 3:57 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by mabramovich View Post
I’ll have to check if it applies to international as well but if you are QF WP or above you may get access on arrival

addit: looks to only be a domestic benefit but if you’re more awake you can have a read https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ts-of-platinum

Search this Thread