Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Unable to credit miles after flight cancellation and rebooking?

Old Aug 6, 19, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I've recently booked Eva Air BNE - CDG return in D class, but because Eva Air is currently experiencing a strike, I was rebooked onto the following flights:

BNE - CDG (Singapore Airlines - Miles are currently being credited to SAS Eurobonus)

CDG - TPE (Eva Air - Miles have been credited)

TPE - NRT (I've been booked onto China Airlines - Same situation as with the Qantas flight)

NRT - BNE (Qantas)

I'm wondering now if there is any chance to somehow get my miles credited from the NRT - BNE flight onto a Oneworld FF Program (preferably BA or Alaska Airlines)?

The issue is that at the time of the flight I did not have a BA Account, neither an Alaska Airlines acc. I do have a Marco Polo Acc which I'd assume I might be able to use but would prefer to collect miles with the above mentioned programs.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit confusing, I wasn't sure on how to properly formulate it.

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Leo Weis View Post
I've recently booked Eva Air BNE - CDG return in D class, but because Eva Air is currently experiencing a strike, I was rebooked onto the following flights:
BNE - CDG (Singapore Airlines - Miles are currently being credited to SAS Eurobonus)
CDG - TPE (Eva Air - Miles have been credited)
TPE - NRT (I've been booked onto China Airlines - Same situation as with the Qantas flight)
NRT - BNE (Qantas)

I'm wondering now if there is any chance to somehow get my miles credited from the NRT - BNE flight onto a Oneworld FF Program (preferably BA or Alaska Airlines)?

The issue is that at the time of the flight I did not have a BA Account, neither an Alaska Airlines acc. I do have a Marco Polo Acc which I'd assume I might be able to use but would prefer to collect miles with the above mentioned programs.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit confusing, I wasn't sure on how to properly formulate it.
From memory
  • with BA you can join BAEC and retro credit up to 6 months
  • with AS you need to be a signed up member on the day of they flight
But check for yourself.

But why sign up with a new (orphan) ffp?
Adding frequent miles in a ff program that you can use, are worth more than ff miles in an orphan ffp that you will never use, even if the earning rate is nominally better. You may never get enough ff miles/points to be of use before they expire.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-airlines
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas

Edit
AS is not a Oneworld member, but has many OW airlines as ff partners
BA did/does not allow member with an Au address. That was some years ago, so may have changed

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 6, 19 at 8:37 pm
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
From memory
  • with BA you can join BAEC and retro credit up to 6 months
  • with AS you need to be a signed up member on the day of they flight
But check for yourself.

But why sign up with a new (orphan) ffp?
Adding frequent miles in a ff program that you can use, are worth more than ff miles in an orphan ffp that you will never use, even if the earning rate is nominally better. You may never get enough ff miles/points to be of use before they expire.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-airlines
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas

Edit
AS is not a Oneworld member, but has many OW airlines as ff partners
BA did/does not allow member with an Au address. That was some years ago, so may have changed

Be mindful of expiry [COLOR=&quot] Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire[/COLOR]. Click to open the wiki.

Hey thanks for the quick response!

BA unfortunately also requires you to be a member at the date of the flight and only lets you retro credit if the flight was operated by Ba:
  • The flight was before I joined – you can claim Avios and Tier Points for any British Airways flights flown within the three months prior to joining, but not for flights on other airlines. You have six months from the date of the flight to make the claim.
I probably should have added a bit more information. I currently live in Australia but will move back to Europe in December and therefore though that BAEC would be a bit more suitable. Furthermore, I've pretty much only credited one flight to my Marco polo account (10k miles in total) and therefore it wouldn't really be a great loss.

Search this Thread