Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

How is current (August 2019) situation at HKG affecting your RTW itinerary?

Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

Did a search, couldn't find anything on similar topic.

Reading posts on CX forum (and elsewhere on internet), I understand that HKG was shut down (with qualifier) on Hong Kong time August 12. Plus the CAAC edict, I am having concern over my currently flying (DONE4) later in Q4, and one yet to fly (DONE4) in 2020. Both have transit or stop-over in HKG and some flights on CX.
I am at a loss of what to plan other than postponing. Appreciate any sinsight of yours.
Can we share our experiences here without risking pulling this thread to OMNI? Thanks.

Edit to add: time frame not limited to just August, but also beyond. Thanks.

Last edited by allset2travel; Aug 12, 2019 at 11:47 am Reason: Edit to add
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I am having concern over my currently flying (DONE4) later in Q4, and one yet to fly (DONE4) in 2020. Both have transit or stop-over in HKG and some flights on CX.
Call me crazy, but I don't see the Chinese government allowing this to go on for anything near that long.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:40 am

First of all I believe it is far too early to tell or do anything. If you change now you could at that time have some other issues at other airports.

I would wait until a few days before the travel to HKG and then decide what to do.
allset2travel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.