FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Does FF on PNR matter for lounge access? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1965419-does-ff-pnr-matter-lounge-access.html)

andreiz Apr 14, 19 8:48 pm

Does FF on PNR matter for lounge access?

Iím currently a OW Emerald and will be flying several segments which Iíd like to credit to BA. If I put BA on the PNR, will it matter whether I get access to OW First Class lounges during the trip or not?

Mwenenzi Apr 14, 19 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by andreiz (Post 31000677)
I’m currently a OW Emerald and will be flying several segments which I’d like to credit to BA. If I put BA on the PNR, will it matter whether I get access to OW First Class lounges during the trip or not?

Many threads on trying to cherry pick benefits from status and/or changing frequent flyer number after getting a benefit.
Some times it works and times time it does not.
Showing the physical card at lounge entry may work/many not work

What airlines and/or lounges?

andreiz Apr 14, 19 10:21 pm

Letís say Finnair Premium lounge in Helsinki and Cathay Pier/Wing in Hong Kong. Iíll be flying HEL-SIN on Finnair and HKG-SIN later on Cathay.

Wasabi Tofu Apr 15, 19 12:43 am

Originally Posted by andreiz (Post 31000949)
Letís say Finnair Premium lounge in Helsinki and Cathay Pier/Wing in Hong Kong. Iíll be flying HEL-SIN on Finnair and HKG-SIN later on Cathay.

I changed my crediting from CX to BA and JL 3 years ago.
I successfully entered CX first class lounges at HKG with my CX Diamond cards, crediting miles to JL (boarding pass/PNR).
JL's NRT/HND lounges also accept physical card for entering lounges with crediting other FFPs.

ffay005 Apr 24, 19 6:09 pm

When is your flight? HEL Premium lounge is closed for renovations, and probably won't open within a few months. The works are severely delayed.

andreiz May 9, 19 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ffay005 (Post 31034160)
When is your flight? HEL Premium lounge is closed for renovations, and probably won't open within a few months. The works are severely delayed.

End of July.

SNA_Flyer May 9, 19 4:44 pm

Never a problem, do this all the time. Always show my physical card to eliminate any doubt.

Dr. HFH May 9, 19 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer (Post 31084743)
Never a problem, do this all the time. Always show my physical card to eliminate any doubt.

YEs, this is one of the few occasions on which a physical card from your FFP is helpful.

Nicc HK May 11, 19 4:29 am

One problem if you are an AA EXP they don't send out cards anymore (well not to me) but i have the AA app on my phone which shows my status so if I am in that situation, as I have lots of CX Asiamiles thanks to AMEX, I am hoping that will work. Any thoughts?

Dr. HFH May 11, 19 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Nicc HK (Post 31089488)
One problem if you are an AA EXP they don't send out cards anymore (well not to me) ....

I received mine in the mail a few weeks ago.

Nicc HK May 13, 19 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 31089845)
I received mine in the mail a few weeks ago.

I keep asking, perhaps they do not not where Hong Kong is? They must do they fly here.

Chatter May 20, 19 9:01 am

Showing physical card is a better strategy than changing FFP after entering the lounge as some airlines do have FFP sticky reservation system. JL is one of them