Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

What are other OW airlines' equivalent to BA Gold Guest List and what do they do?

What are other OW airlines' equivalent to BA Gold Guest List and what do they do?

Old Mar 1, 19, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

Not strictly 100 per cent BA related, but I'm curious. Other OW airlines do, of course, have the equivalent of BA Gold/OW Emerald in their systems - AY Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, and so on - but what about the level above that, equivalent to BA's Gold Guest List (GGL)?

I've heard about Finnair Platinum Lumo and then there's invite-only AA Concierge Key. Sort-of GGL equivalents, I suppose, but not transferable between one OW carrier and the next, typically speaking (save for this post about ORD CK treatment for some pax)?

So what is there, what benefits do they bring, and which bring any transferrable benefits across the carriers' top-tier loyalty schemes (beyond the standard Gold/Emerald equivalent)?
Old Mar 1, 19, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I suppose the Qantas Platinum One would be equivalent to BA GGL, as a 'tier above Emerald'. Members enjoy a dedicated support team, all booking fees etc waived, free Platinum (OW Emerald) status for their partner, and highest priority for upgrades. It's tough to get though, as whereas regular Platinum requires 1,400 of their TP equivalent to attain, Platinum One requires 3,600.
Old Mar 1, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: Yes
CX has something above Diamond.
Not sure about JAL.
Old Mar 1, 19, 6:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by groenroos View Post
I suppose the Qantas Platinum One would be equivalent to BA GGL, as a 'tier above Emerald'. Members enjoy a dedicated support team, all booking fees etc waived, free Platinum (OW Emerald) status for their partner, and highest priority for upgrades. It's tough to get though, as whereas regular Platinum requires 1,400 of their TP equivalent to attain, Platinum One requires 3,600.
What's tough about P1 isn't so much the total SCs IMO, but the SCs required from QF flights. It makes it somewhat difficult to attain unless based in Australia.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 1, 19, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: None any more
CX Diamond Plus is based simply on revenue to CX - you need to be in the top 1% of spenders. Exactly how much that means varies a bit, but it's generally rumoured to be towards US$150,000 per year on CX.
Old Mar 1, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, Wyndham Diamond
AA of course has Concierge Key, although I'm not sure whether you'd consider that as more akin to Premier in BAEC, seeing there are no published qualification criteria.
Old Mar 1, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF/KL, AS, Hertz President's Chainsaw
JL Mileage Bank Diamond, LATAM Black Signature, Iberia Plus Infinita and Infinita Prime. AY Plus Platinum Lumo was already mentioned, as well as QF Frequent Flyer Platinum One. That's about it in terms of OW special tiers that are attainable.
Old Mar 1, 19, 5:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Qantas also has the Invitation only Chairman's Lounge level, which is not based on flying but status and influence (so goes to politicians, senior execs, judges, celrbrities)

They run a separate network of six private lounges in Qantas Domestic terminals which have superior service to even the Business Lounge. And it bestows effective oneworld Emerald status.
Old Mar 2, 19, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: None any more
As well as Diamond Plus, Cathay also has Diamond Invitation, which basically covers the "status and influence" people, as well as those long term members who acquired "Lifetime Diamond" before that possibility was withdrawn about 15 years ago.

Search this Thread