CMB lounge access for OneWorld Emerald flying CX J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

I want to see if I'm interpreting the lounge access page on the new OneWorld site for CMB correctly. It clearly says Emeralds (and Saphires) get access to both the Araliya Business Class Lounge and the Serenediva lounge. Is it also saying that the Serendib Lounge is only for those flying on SriLankan Airlines in F or J? So an Emerald flying CX J would not have access?

(I found some old threads in this forum, but the newest is from 2015.)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by anabolism
I want to see if I'm interpreting the lounge access page on the new OneWorld site for CMB correctly. It clearly says Emeralds (and Saphires) get access to both the Araliya Business Class Lounge and the Serenediva lounge. Is it also saying that the Serendib Lounge is only for those flying on SriLankan Airlines in F or J? So an Emerald flying CX J would not have access?
The current state is that Serendib access is by UL metal boarding pass only. Access based on OW status is to an awful lounge upstairs, dark with no windows. AFAICT, Araliya lounge access depends on your carrier having contracted for same.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(I found some old threads in this forum, but the newest is from 2015.)
There are many errors in the revised OW web site lounge finder
----->OW Lounge Finder
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The current state is that Serendib access is by UL metal boarding pass only. Access based on OW status is to an awful lounge upstairs, dark with no windows. AFAICT, Araliya lounge access depends on your carrier having contracted for same.
What is the ranking of the lounges? Is the "awful" lounge one of the three or another one?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
What is the ranking of the lounges? Is the "awful" lounge one of the three or another one?
There are three contract lounges on the main hallway leading to the boarding gates.

UL has two lounges in addition, one limited to UL J passengers (it has windows and a rest area) and the one "upstairs" open for OW elite access.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
There are three contract lounges on the main hallway leading to the boarding gates.

UL has two lounges in addition, one limited to UL J passengers (it has windows and a rest area) and the one "upstairs" open for OW elite access.
Cathay's web site mentions the Lotus first class lounge and the Araliya business class lounge. The OneWorld page lists the Araliya business class lounge and the Serendib lounge. Not sure if an Emerald flying CX J can access the Lotus first class lounge or not, or in other words, which is the best lounge to visit as an Emerald flying CX J?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:35 pm

Cathay's web site mentions the Lotus first class lounge and the Araliya business class lounge. The OneWorld page lists the Araliya business class lounge and the Serendib lounge. Not sure if an Emerald flying CX J can access the Lotus first class lounge or not, or in other words, which is the best lounge to visit as an Emerald flying CX J?
CX issues lounge invitations at CMB check-in. So the choice will be that lounge (one of the three contract lounges) or the UL lounge upstairs designated as OneWorld. I just normally use the invitation card.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it also saying that the Serendib Lounge is only for those flying on SriLankan Airlines in F or J?
Almost forgot, -- UL has no F class.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Update

Tried to visit the Serendib lounge (which is remarkably hard to find -- accessible via an elevator in the immigration area for arriving passengers, unsigned except right at the elevator). In a first for me, the lounge "dragon" told us that we couldn't enter because we were in business class and the lounge is only for frequent flyer members flying in coach. "This lounge is for economy only; please go to business-class lounge."

We skipped the OneWorld business class lounge and went to the Lotus First Class lounge, which was nothing to write home about. Crowded, average food.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried to visit the Serendib lounge (which is remarkably hard to find -- accessible via an elevator in the immigration area for arriving passengers, unsigned except right at the elevator). In a first for me, the lounge "dragon" told us that we couldn't enter because we were in business class and the lounge is only for frequent flyer members flying in coach. "This lounge is for economy only; please go to business-class lounge."
I think that you have the lounge name wrong. Serendib is the UL lounge on the main departures floor for UL J passengers. The lounge you're talking about is upstairs just after the EK lounge, right? That's not Serendib; although I can't recall the name right now. And the lounge dragon was correct, -- it's for Y pax who gain lounge privileges through status.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I think that you have the lounge name wrong. Serendib is the UL lounge on the main departures floor for UL J passengers. The lounge you're talking about is upstairs just after the EK lounge, right? That's not Serendib; although I can't recall the name right now. And the lounge dragon was correct, -- it's for Y pax who gain lounge privileges through status.
Well, I guess we never did find the other lounges, then.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:33 pm

Upstairs is the Serendiva Lounge. Along with the Serendiva Transit Hotel. I guess nonUL business class pax are expected to use the lounge the airline "pays for". You walked past the other two contract lounges (unless you needed to use a bus gate).

Just wandering

Fred
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
So, to be clear.

If I am in Business on a UL flight (say CMB-SIN) as a non UL *O Emerald, which would be the better of the available lounges?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:29 pm

Serendib is the lounge of choice for UL J passengers. You won't have an "invitation" for the contract lounges and the upstairs Serendiva has no windows (assuming they will let you in).
The "downside" is that the Serendib can get crowded during the day.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks all - according to the SriLankan website I'll have access to the Serendib Lounge. It will be after 11pm and only for an hour while in transit.

https://www.srilankan.com/flysmiles/...ge-entitlement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.