FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   *O have dumbed down their Web Site "To Celebrate 20 years" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1954005-o-have-dumbed-down-their-web-site-celebrate-20-years.html)

serfty Jan 31, 2019 12:41 pm

*O have dumbed down their Web Site "To Celebrate 20 years"

It's horrid (my personal opinion) - and the lounge access page has lost a lot of the information it used to have (fact!).

Lounge Access | oneworld

pandaperth Jan 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 30724516)
It's horrid (my personal opinion) - and the lounge access page has lost a lot of the information it used to have (fact!).

Lounge Access | oneworld

I agree (it's horrid}

AND

It looks like access to the Oneworld Explorer and Global Explorer rule sheets have been removed:eek::eek::eek:

christep Jan 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Oh yuk! That's horrendous. It looks like a project put together by a schoolkid!

Dr. HFH Jan 31, 2019 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth (Post 30724558)
It looks like access to the Oneworld Explorer and Global Explorer rule sheets have been removed:eek::eek::eek:

Which, of course, prevents a bunch of smart alec FTers from calling them and quoting the rules to an [intentionally?] misinformed agent.

pandaperth Feb 1, 2019 8:42 am

And it appears the new site does not have a "Contact Us" link or any other way of providing feedback
(I guess they just presume the site will have no errors at all - but I have found one broken link already)

allset2travel Feb 1, 2019 4:07 pm

I third, HORRID!

Dr. HFH Feb 1, 2019 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 30725580)
Which, of course, prevents a bunch of smart alec FTers from calling them and quoting the rules to an [intentionally?] misinformed agent.

Actually, just thinking on this a bit more, don't the fare rules have to be publicly available?

sxc Feb 2, 2019 6:27 am

Yes the lounge access pages are going to create many arguments!

allset2travel Feb 4, 2019 10:12 am

OMG, this is how oneworld stays relevent, according one article by South China Morning Post. The headline (I copied & pasted below):Airline alliance Oneworld, which represents Cathay Pacific, British Airways, American Airlines and Qantas, rolls out tech upgrades ‘to stay relevant’

anabolism Feb 5, 2019 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 30725580)

Not exactly. The fare rules are still published in the GDS with the fares. You can find them in EF, including for historic fares on already-purchased tickets. That said, I found the PDF published on the OneWorld web site generally easier to read than the GDS version of the rules.

And of course, the web site overall is horrible. I don't understand why people feel compelled to make things worse. Web sites, phone apps, etc. People always want to revamp them to no gain, and we inevitably lose features and have to deal with new bugs. If the resources spent on pointless change were instead invested in the boring work of fixing bugs, the product/service would continuously improve rather than continuously churn.

Full Score Feb 5, 2019 12:21 pm

Has anyone tried to use the oneworld tool which is linked to the new "enhanced!" OW site? It looks as if nothing has changed in this pathetic booking app.

Calchas Feb 5, 2019 5:08 pm

There is an obsession with making every website optimized for the tablet and the finger, at the expense of the computer.

What is worse is the removal of information in the quest for an empty design. It is the opposite of what the world wide web was intended to do.

nldogbert Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am

Just tested out the new website and it is just horrible and very unfriendly. The worst is the lounge information as highlighted by a few different posts above - including lounges that are ONLY for specific travel class (not status based) is going to create lots of argument at these particular lounges.
Also hate how 'stupid' it is when typing in airport codes which still needs the user to explicitly select the remaining choice.

This is a huge downgrade compared to the previous website.

Cheers!

pandaperth Feb 22, 2019 5:52 am

I agree (it's horrid}

AND

Good News!

The Oneworld Explorer rule sheet is back
(Home Page --> Global Travel --> Oneworld Explorer --> FAQ "How is my Fare Calculated" --> "Click here for full fare rules and conditions")

For the Global Explorer, the equivalent link takes you not to the Global Explorer Rule Sheet but to the Oneworld Explorer rule sheet
Same for the Circle Pacific

Also, there is new version of the rule sheet (no major changes)
I will post about that in the correct thread

sxc Feb 22, 2019 8:54 pm

It also looks like the lounge access details have been fixed.