Reload this Page >

*O have dumbed down their Web Site "To Celebrate 20 years"

Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

It's horrid (my personal opinion) - and the lounge access page has lost a lot of the information it used to have (fact!).

Lounge Access | oneworld
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by serfty
It's horrid (my personal opinion) - and the lounge access page has lost a lot of the information it used to have (fact!).

Lounge Access | oneworld
I agree (it's horrid}

AND

It looks like access to the Oneworld Explorer and Global Explorer rule sheets have been removed
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Oh yuk! That's horrendous. It looks like a project put together by a schoolkid!
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pandaperth
It looks like access to the Oneworld Explorer and Global Explorer rule sheets have been removed
Which, of course, prevents a bunch of smart alec FTers from calling them and quoting the rules to an [intentionally?] misinformed agent.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:42 am

And it appears the new site does not have a "Contact Us" link or any other way of providing feedback
(I guess they just presume the site will have no errors at all - but I have found one broken link already)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I third, HORRID!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Which, of course, prevents a bunch of smart alec FTers from calling them and quoting the rules to an [intentionally?] misinformed agent.
Actually, just thinking on this a bit more, don't the fare rules have to be publicly available?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:27 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Yes the lounge access pages are going to create many arguments!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
OMG, this is how oneworld stays relevent, according one article by South China Morning Post. The headline (I copied & pasted below):Airline alliance Oneworld, which represents Cathay Pacific, British Airways, American Airlines and Qantas, rolls out tech upgrades ‘to stay relevant’
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Not exactly. The fare rules are still published in the GDS with the fares. You can find them in EF, including for historic fares on already-purchased tickets. That said, I found the PDF published on the OneWorld web site generally easier to read than the GDS version of the rules.

And of course, the web site overall is horrible. I don't understand why people feel compelled to make things worse. Web sites, phone apps, etc. People always want to revamp them to no gain, and we inevitably lose features and have to deal with new bugs. If the resources spent on pointless change were instead invested in the boring work of fixing bugs, the product/service would continuously improve rather than continuously churn.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Has anyone tried to use the oneworld tool which is linked to the new "enhanced!" OW site? It looks as if nothing has changed in this pathetic booking app.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is an obsession with making every website optimized for the tablet and the finger, at the expense of the computer.

What is worse is the removal of information in the quest for an empty design. It is the opposite of what the world wide web was intended to do.
christep, SirToby and aaupgrade like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just tested out the new website and it is just horrible and very unfriendly. The worst is the lounge information as highlighted by a few different posts above - including lounges that are ONLY for specific travel class (not status based) is going to create lots of argument at these particular lounges.
Also hate how 'stupid' it is when typing in airport codes which still needs the user to explicitly select the remaining choice.

This is a huge downgrade compared to the previous website.

Cheers!
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:52 am

I agree (it's horrid}

AND

Good News!

The Oneworld Explorer rule sheet is back
(Home Page --> Global Travel --> Oneworld Explorer --> FAQ "How is my Fare Calculated" --> "Click here for full fare rules and conditions")

For the Global Explorer, the equivalent link takes you not to the Global Explorer Rule Sheet but to the Oneworld Explorer rule sheet
Same for the Circle Pacific

Also, there is new version of the rule sheet (no major changes)
I will post about that in the correct thread
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
It also looks like the lounge access details have been fixed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.