FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Reissue xONEx tickets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1948067-reissue-xonex-tickets.html)

HOLYMOLEAIR Dec 29, 2018 10:57 am

Reissue xONEx tickets

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but is it possible for airlines to reissue tickets after the first segment has been flown? Or in other words under what conditions will another airline "takeover" your ticket and reissue that under another ticket stock?

​​​​​I have an AA issued (001) LONE3 ticket via the RTW desk, and since I have quite some QR miles to burn, am looking for a way to ask QR to reissue the ticket on 157 stock, but was refused despite having the first intercontinental sector on their metal. Have anybody found themselves in the same situation?

Thank you so much, and have a nice day.

Best,
HMA

rens Dec 31, 2018 5:31 pm

I have never experienced a OW airline being willing to reissue another's RTW without a reason. Merely asking for a reissue without some ostensible need is not sufficient.
However, there are a large number of reasons/situations that will prompt a reissue. Assuming you have QR flights in the itinerary, QR will likely reissue if there is a schedule change, date or time change on their part or if you request a date or time change from them. A route change request from you to QR involving QF flites will almost certainly result in a reissue. Note that in this case a change fee may apply. Some agents may be reluctant or uncertain about the extra work involved, so HUCA may be needed.
Why is it important to you to have the ticket reissued? I'm guessing it is to use QR miles for some type of upgrade, but this is not clear from your post. Perhaps if you made that request/reason known to QR they would be willing to reissue as part of granting your request.

Dr. HFH Jan 1, 2019 6:40 am

Originally Posted by rens (Post 30593276)
Why is it important to you to have the ticket reissued? I'm guessing it is to use QR miles for some type of upgrade, but this is not clear from your post. Perhaps if you made that request/reason known to QR they would be willing to reissue as part of granting your request.

Others could be +Qatar, or free hotel for >8 hours required layover, both of which require a 157 ticket.

HOLYMOLEAIR Jan 1, 2019 11:45 am

Originally Posted by rens (Post 30593276)
I have never experienced a OW airline being willing to reissue another's RTW without a reason. Merely asking for a reissue without some ostensible need is not sufficient.
However, there are a large number of reasons/situations that will prompt a reissue. Assuming you have QR flights in the itinerary, QR will likely reissue if there is a schedule change, date or time change on their part or if you request a date or time change from them. A route change request from you to QR involving QF flites will almost certainly result in a reissue. Note that in this case a change fee may apply. Some agents may be reluctant or uncertain about the extra work involved, so HUCA may be needed.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 30594890)
Others could be +Qatar, or free hotel for >8 hours required layover, both of which require a 157 ticket.

Thanks both, in fact I have quite some QR miles and status credits to upgrade the TPAC sector, and yes +Qatar would be useful for my long layover in QR. I do have (2) QR flights in the itinerary fyi. I have been in contact with QR (the local office) before the first flight and they are unwilling to touch my 001 plated ticket, but I guess things may change given now I've taken the first flight. Anyway thanks for the advice and happy new year!