FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Lounge Access in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur International (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1943856-lounge-access-singapore-kuala-lumpur-international.html)

sellars Dec 4, 2018 7:28 am

Lounge Access in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur International

Hi,
Good day to Everyone! 2 questions:

1. I have a Malaysia Airline economy ticket from SIN to KUL and Japan Airline J ticket from KUL to NRT (both on the same day). I am likely to be issued with the Japan Airline J ticket in Singapore. Am I able to access the Qantas lounge in Singapore Changi Terminal 1? I have read through the conditions (First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).) for access and some said yes, some said no. Wondering if anyone tried it? Thank you.

2. At Kuala Lumpur Airport with the Japan Airline J ticket, I understand that I could access lounge like (1)Plaza Premium First (note this is not Plaza Premium), (2) Golden Lounge, (3) Cathay Pacific. I was planning to visit (1) and then (2). But I heard that Plaza Premium First would stamp on your ticket and Golden Lounge may refuse entry since I have already accessed Plaza Premium First.
Have anyone tried going to 2 lounge with the same J ticket?

Thank you.

moa999 Dec 4, 2018 4:56 pm

1. Theoretically shouldn't be an issue, if the lounge is open.
Qantas lounge only open 1430-2300, and BA nearby 1500-2300.
For same-day flights as you describe I'm guessing the first flight is in the morning.

2. Haven't lounge hopped at KUL but not had an issue at other airports.

sellars Dec 4, 2018 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 30499348)
For same-day flights as you describe I'm guessing the first flight is in the morning.

Thank you moa999! You have a great trip soon!

moa999 Dec 5, 2018 2:26 am

From this review I'd say Plaza Premium First looks nicer than the revamped Golden Lounge
http://www.lingzie.com/2018/01/08/plaza-premium-first-kuala-lumpur-international-airport-klia/

IggySD Dec 5, 2018 4:43 am

I doubt the stamp would be an issue as OW access rules should allow access to the Golden Lounge regardless but if you were to “lose” your original bp en route to KUL you could head to a transit desk and ask them to print you a new one, That way if one does get stamped you could later find the original and have an unstamped bp for access to other lounges.

sellars Dec 5, 2018 4:56 am

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 30500574)
From this review I'd say Plaza Premium First looks nicer than the revamped Golden Lounge

Originally Posted by IggySD (Post 30500779)
I doubt the stamp would be an issue as OW access rules should allow access to the Golden Lounge regardless but if you were to “lose” your original bp en route to KUL you could head to a transit desk and ask them to print you a new one, That way if one does get stamped you could later find the original and have an unstamped bp for access to other lounges.

Thanks moa999 and IggySD. Agree that Plaza Premium First cook to order menu looks good. but the place is kinda cramp to hang out to while away the time. That is why I am hoping to be able to access Golden Lounge as well.

Thanks IggySD for the tip.

quinzinho Dec 5, 2018 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 30499348)

Sorry, I really fail to understand why OP would be entitled to use the lounge in SIN if he's on a Y ticket and does not have status (he doesn't mention this). ?

serfty Dec 5, 2018 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho (Post 30503515)
Sorry, I really fail to understand why OP would be entitled to use the lounge in SIN if he's on a Y ticket and does not have status (he doesn't mention this). ?

Because of the Business Class ticket on JAL.

This is the connecting oneworld Flights rule: (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...04f5d28063.png

quinzinho Dec 5, 2018 9:26 pm

OK, great, didn't know this. I learnt something!
Although I reckon this is a rule which might not always be known by the lounge dragons and could lead to some discussion..

sxc Dec 5, 2018 10:52 pm

The bigger problem for accessing the QF lounge in Singapore is that you may be refused due to capacity constraints. They are overflowing these days with qantas passengers.

quinzinho Dec 6, 2018 5:41 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 30504105)
The bigger problem for accessing the QF lounge in Singapore is that you may be refused due to capacity constraints. They are overflowing these days with qantas passengers.

Come during the early hours of opening and there's no issue. Been there more than 5 times recently, always quiet or even rather empty first 2-3 hours.

clubeurope Dec 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho (Post 30504746)
Come during the early hours of opening and there's no issue. Been there more than 5 times recently, always quiet or even rather empty first 2-3 hours.

i can also confirm this, been in a few times as an MH passenger in the early hours of the opening. that said, the BA lounge is not shabby at all, as an alternative

clubeurope Dec 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by sellars (Post 30497421)
Hi,
Good day to Everyone! 2 questions:

1. I have a Malaysia Airline economy ticket from SIN to KUL and Japan Airline J ticket from KUL to NRT (both on the same day). I am likely to be issued with the Japan Airline J ticket in Singapore. Am I able to access the Qantas lounge in Singapore Changi Terminal 1? I have read through the conditions (First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).) for access and some said yes, some said no. Wondering if anyone tried it? Thank you.

2. At Kuala Lumpur Airport with the Japan Airline J ticket, I understand that I could access lounge like (1)Plaza Premium First (note this is not Plaza Premium), (2) Golden Lounge, (3) Cathay Pacific. I was planning to visit (1) and then (2). But I heard that Plaza Premium First would stamp on your ticket and Golden Lounge may refuse entry since I have already accessed Plaza Premium First.
Have anyone tried going to 2 lounge with the same J ticket?

Thank you.

I hope it's not too late.

For question 2, why not visit the Golden Lounge before going to PP First? I've lounge hopped in KL before without problems, though I've yet to check out PP First (or any of the contract lounges in KUL for that matter). That said, did JL change its KL default lounge to PP First? The last time I took JL724, I was directed to the Cathay Pacific Lounge.