Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

BA ticket, BA code, QR metal, baggage allowance sapphire?

Old Nov 15, 18, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I just had a hellish check-in at MAN. Ba ticket to doha, operated by qatar. BA code share. As it is a BA ticket, it says 1pc allowance 23kg as per regular BA. As i am sapphire, I expect this to increase to 2 pc 32kg each for me and anyone on my booking. QR staff at man said no. 1pc and an extra 15kg. Not even sure how thats possible as 23 + 15 = 38kgs. Max bag 32 so clearly they confused.

There is nothing on qatar website about ba tickets. There is information on the BA website for code share on qatar however. Am i correct and they are wrong?
Old Nov 15, 18, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
If this is a single segment flight then the allowance is as for the operating carrier.

BA allowance is irrelevant.

You get QR's allowance based on route, class of travel and your Sapphire status.
Old Nov 15, 18, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OW link--->https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/sapphire-privileges
Extra baggage allowance*

As a Sapphire frequent flyer, the following special baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines;
  • On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy baggage allowance.
  • On international itineraries, that include domestic sectors, using the baggage allowance "piece" system - one additional bag*, weighing up to 23 kgs, up to a maximum of two pieces.
  • On purely domestic itineraries, using the baggage allowance "piece" system, for tickets with no ticketed baggage entitlement - the assurance of one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs.
If the flights have baggage on the weight system, 15kg would be correct.
I would expect this only to apply to the passenger with status, and not others on the same PNR.

Search this Thread