FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   OneWorld booking errors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1938882-oneworld-booking-errors.html)

SAfricanexplorer Nov 4, 2018 7:38 am

OneWorld booking errors

.Hi there, I am new at this OneWorld booking thing, and despite trying numerous times and from different "angles", I now am getting when I have a validated itinerary, the first leg flight options accepted, but thereafter from 2nd leg onwards , it simply gives me error message "Unexpected error occured" . Even when I change dates Please help
I am located in South Africa and would also like to price itinerary from (Maputo) Mozambique
My attempted itinerary is 1. Maputo (MZ) X 2. New York (US) X 3. Seattle (US) X 4. Auckland (NZ) X 5. Sydney (AU) X 6. Kuala Lumpur (MY) X 7. Mumbai (IN) X 8. Maputo (MZ

Mwenenzi Nov 4, 2018 3:39 pm

SAfricanexplorer Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by SAfricanexplorer (Post 30391462)
.Hi there, I am new at this OneWorld booking thing, and despite trying numerous times and from different "angles", I now am getting when I have a validated itinerary, the first leg flight options accepted, but thereafter from 2nd leg onwards , it simply gives me error message "Unexpected error occured" . Even when I change dates Please help
I am located in South Africa and would also like to price itinerary from (Maputo) Mozambique

My attempted itinerary is 1. Maputo (MZ) X 2. New York (US) X 3. Seattle (US) X 4. Auckland (NZ) X 5. Sydney (AU) X 6. Kuala Lumpur (MY) X 7. Mumbai (IN) X 8. Maputo (MZ

Are you putting these into the Oneworld online ONE tool? It is know to have faults.
I do not understand what you mean b " 1 " "X2" "X3" etc
If you mean Maputo-NYC-SEA-AKL-SYD-KUL-Mumbia-Maputo as one itinerary you need to select routes that exist.
For example no airline fly's SEA-AKL so that would have to be SEA-XXX-AKL or SEA-XXX-YYY-AKL. Example SEA-LAX-AKL, if AA flys SEA-LAX (not sure). AA does fly LAX-AKL

Wasabi Tofu Nov 4, 2018 8:35 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

MPM(Maputo) is only served by QR. You couldn't use QR as the head (first) carrier with the online tool (online tool restriction, not fare rule).
Your itinerary should start with MPM-DOH, but you couldn't make this by the online tool. You have to call an airline ticketing office or a travel agent.

By the way, MPM is no longer a good staring point of One World Explorer fare in terms of fare price.

SAfricanexplorer Nov 5, 2018 5:58 am

Reply to Mwenenzi- Faults

Hi there
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I had a reply from Qatar ( my first leg airline) and 2 etc, sorry that is just a copy and past error on my part from the itinerary I copied off the tool :-)

SAfricanexplorer Nov 5, 2018 6:00 am

Thank you for the heads up re MAP starting point and fare :-) I thought I would pop over the border if substantially cheaper, but I guess this closed ! Any other fare starting point "discounted" edges ? I will reprice from my base in CPT then Cheers !!

SAfricanexplorer Nov 5, 2018 6:19 am

Thank you, managed to get it to price for me with the LAX alternative... Much appreciate your assistance