FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Advice needed for a DONE4 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1927393-advice-needed-done4.html)

wijibintheair Aug 26, 18 3:31 pm

Advice needed for a DONE4
 
Evening all, itís been a while since I have booked one of these and would appreciate some assistance to look over the routing to see if you believe it is valid

NRT-HKG-DOH-CPT-DOH-LHR-LIS-HEL-DOH-LAX-MIA-BOS-DFW-ANC-DFW-HNL-NRT

None of the DOH connections will be stop-overs, all through connections.

i am also struggling to find any direct DFW-ANC service for next summer, is this normally released later? If so is there anyway to book the above before the flights are in the system? If not is there any other routing within NA that will give me 2000 miles per sector (tier point collecting)?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and comments

wijibintheair Aug 26, 18 4:17 pm

Also, does anyone know why on the online booking tool, you cannot choose the JNB-GRU flight with LA. It shows it as a day with a non-stop service but whatever date you click on it then only shows the option of a JNB-DOH-GRU or JNB-LHR-GRU never the direct service.

Unterwegs Aug 26, 18 4:41 pm

It looks like you violate this rule:

"Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America.
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.
3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa.
If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa."

You have two intercontinental departures from Europe and South Africa. The JNB-GRU non stop would help here.

Moomba Aug 26, 18 9:45 pm

DFW-ANC is a summer seasonal route. I am not sure when they load the flights into the system. Another option is DFW-SJU which comes in just over the magic 2000 mile mark.

According to ExpertFlyer the JNB-GRU flights seem to have a lot of days where there is no D availability but there are some days it is available.

Wasabi Tofu Aug 27, 18 1:35 am


Originally Posted by Unterwegs (Post 30132486)
It looks like you violate this rule:

"Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America.
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.
3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa.
If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa."

You have two intercontinental departures from Europe and South Africa. The JNB-GRU non stop would help here.

About rule 3.
DOH-CPT-DOH should be permitted.
DOH-CPT is a route between Middle East and Africa, not Europe and Africa.
Therefore, this isn't a travel to/from Europe in both directions.

For example,
Asia-DOH-JNB-LHR (one direction to/from Europe and Africa, permitted)
Asia-LHR-JNB-LHR- (to/from Europe in both direction, so not permitted)
Asia-DOH-JNB-DOH-LHR (NO segment to/from Europe and Africa, permitted)

wijibintheair Aug 27, 18 4:38 am


Originally Posted by Moomba (Post 30133259)
DFW-ANC is a summer seasonal route. I am not sure when they load the flights into the system. Another option is DFW-SJU which comes in just over the magic 2000 mile mark.
According to ExpertFlyer the JNB-GRU flights seem to have a lot of days where there is no D availability but there are some days it is available.

Thanks for this - SJU it is then, both more reliable and warmer than ANC :)
With regards JNB-GRU I am not sure, as I have tried dates in every single month for both business and economy and never once get a seat. I can accept availability is limited, but there has to be a seat somewhere in a whole year?

wijibintheair Aug 27, 18 4:39 am


Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu (Post 30133705)
About rule 3.
DOH-CPT-DOH should be permitted.
DOH-CPT is a route between Middle East and Africa, not Europe and Africa.
Therefore, this isn't a travel to/from Europe in both directions.

For example,
Asia-DOH-JNB-LHR (one direction to/from Europe and Africa, permitted)
Asia-LHR-JNB-LHR- (to/from Europe in both direction, so not permitted)
Asia-DOH-JNB-DOH-LHR (NO segment to/from Europe and Africa, permitted)

Thank you - that was my understanding, but was second guessing myself.

headinclouds Aug 27, 18 9:31 am

Other N.AM flights > 2000 miles (for BA TP's) are ORD-SJU, ORD/DFW-AUA (only Sat's, but all year) and seasonal MBJ/BZE-LAX.

wijibintheair Aug 27, 18 11:27 am


Originally Posted by headinclouds (Post 30134793)
Other N.AM flights > 2000 miles (for BA TP's) are ORD-SJU, ORD/DFW-AUA (only Sat's, but all year) and seasonal MBJ/BZE-LAX.

Thank you - that's great to know!

wijibintheair Sep 9, 18 12:01 pm

Just noticed that CLT-BGI is also just over the magic 2000 miles mark and is a daily service, and who doesn't want a bit of Barbados?!

pbd456 Sep 9, 18 2:54 pm


Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 30185311)
Just noticed that CLT-BGI is also just over the magic 2000 miles mark and is a daily service, and who doesn't want a bit of Barbados?!

This is neat!

Moomba Sep 11, 18 9:26 am


Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 30185311)
Just noticed that CLT-BGI is also just over the magic 2000 miles mark and is a daily service, and who doesn't want a bit of Barbados?!


Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 30185754)
This is neat!


Beware though it is not daily year round. It looks like it drops back to 1 a week after March.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:39 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.