FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Lhr3 one world lounge access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1925452-lhr3-one-world-lounge-access.html)

felicidad76 Aug 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Lhr3 one world lounge access

If I fly international business class with ba and arriving at t3 with business class onward finnair flights to Helsinki and hong kong can I access both qantas and Cathay lounge at t3? Thx

headinclouds Aug 16, 2018 8:32 am

Yes. Finnair biz class ticket is good for any and all of the OW biz lounges in LHR T3.

serfty Aug 18, 2018 12:52 am

... also you can access the AA and the BA lounges.

IADCAflyer Aug 25, 2018 2:55 pm

But why would you want to? :)

IAANN Aug 26, 2018 3:41 am

The golden rule is : Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner in CX lounge followed by coffee/drink in Qantas Bar :)

serfty Aug 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 30129273)

Because you can!

I do note the OP is flying Business.

In my case, being Emerald, it's even better since the F&B at the AA & BA F/L's are far better than that available in the Qantas Pub.

CX is my choice for food and AA F/L mine for beverage.

KARFA Aug 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 30129273)

because AA seems to be the only carrier who understands some people these days need WiFi at more than 3mpbs ;)

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3bceb8162.jpeg

thelark Sep 5, 2018 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 30132306)
Because you can!

I do note the OP is flying Business.

In my case, being Emerald, it's even better since the F&B at the AA & BA F/L's are far better than that available in the Qantas Pub.

CX is my choice for food and AA F/L mine for beverage.

So flying F through LHR is AA the better lounge choice?

serfty Sep 5, 2018 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by thelark (Post 30171941)
So flying F through LHR is AA the better lounge choice?

Not for food.

Drinks, maybe.

KARFA Sep 5, 2018 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 30172587)
Not for food.

Drinks, maybe.

i wouldn’t even say for drinks. Depending on what drinks you are after it is probably CX F of the QF lounge. AA is a good choice if you want fast WiFi tho.

serfty Sep 6, 2018 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30172628)

i wouldn’t even say for drinks. Depending on what drinks you are after it is probably CX F of the QF lounge. AA is a good choice if you want fast WiFi tho.

Last time I was there, for me the AA FL options were preferable than those available in CX FL.

Having posted that, it is a fine line and a definite YMMV.

beachfan Dec 6, 2018 12:00 pm

Last time passing through LHR T3 at about 10AM, I was initally denied entrance to the F CX lounge, do to ostensible overcrowding. I went over and looked and came back to the desk irate, as it was not even 50% full. I eventually got in my pressing my case for a good five minutes, in an increasingly louder fashion. Not proud of the behavior but I really wanted the F section, which I was entitled to.

This was a year ago. I'll be passing through at the same time of the day (mid to late morning) in early January. Should I expect a similar obstacle from the lounge dragons?

KARFA Dec 6, 2018 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 30505887)
Last time passing through LHR T3 at about 10AM, I was initally denied entrance to the F CX lounge, do to ostensible overcrowding. I went over and looked and came back to the desk irate, as it was not even 50% full. I eventually got in my pressing my case for a good five minutes, in an increasingly louder fashion. Not proud of the behavior but I really wanted the F section, which I was entitled to.

This was a year ago. I'll be passing through at the same time of the day (mid to late morning) in early January. Should I expect a similar obstacle from the lounge dragons?

that’s very unusual. I haven’t heard many reports of that happening before, and it’s certianly not happened to me. I am sure you’ll be fine. If you have a chance please post how it goes.

beachfan Dec 6, 2018 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30506074)

that’s very unusual. I haven’t heard many reports of that happening before, and it’s certianly not happened to me. I am sure you’ll be fine. If you have a chance please post how it goes.

I will. There is an 11:20 LHR-LAX flight, which is why 10:20 or so was protected. I'll give it a try as I thought the food was best.

beachfan Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Got in to CX F lounge at 9;45 without problem, But was not impressed with the dim sum or the fruit plate (in contrast to prior meals). Noodles were good.