Reload this Page >

Wow, cool recent experience in xONEx ticketing and seat selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wow, cool recent experience in xONEx ticketing and seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by allset2travel
So I emailed to CX in Japan.1 day later, received detailed reply from CX, indicating some changes needed to be made (both DFW-ANC-DFW had no D availability, despite EF said there was). So I changed some dates and finally got itinerary validated, and priced by CX. CX quoted the same numbers in JPY as did EF.

The same agent handled all emails except at the end when he/she handed it over to a different department for ticketing. Each time the return email took 1 day which I thought was awesome!Info including taxes & airline surcharges (almost matching EF #s ) was fully itemized.
Glad it worked so well for you! That's great to hear.

Can you clarify what you meant about the prices, taxes, and surcharges matching EF? Whenever I've checked EF, it only shows the base fare for an xONEx, not the taxes, fees, or surcharges.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago planning an xONEx myself. Also with an AA flight. Anyone have any idea what's going on with that? Normally, I find EF's availability display to be pretty accurate, especially on AA.
My guess would be Point of Sale. EF now lets you change the PoS for Flight availability queries. I've had issues where I had checked EF and verified D inventory, but the booking airline was unable to find D space, and when I re-checked EF using a PoS closer to the airline's base, it indeed showed D0, even though a U.S. or U.K. PoS showed D available.

Originally Posted by SSY
On another note - does anyone know the priority of booking classes work on DONEx tickets? In my most recent rerouting I tried to get a particular flight on BA and as implied above it was available when I checked the OW RTW tool but unavailable even with downgrading by the time the CX desk called me back. But if I try to book the flight on British Airways - it shows availability on both Econ and Business, albeit at a pretty expensive price. I've already rerouted but changed a day prior, but I really want to fly on that date - should I be able to ask someone somewhere to get me on the flight on my preferred date? I would have expected that a DONEx fare should get me onto any flight with economy availability if i am willing to downgrade for that sector.
For a DONEx, you need to be booked in D, or voluntarily downgraded into L or B:

Note that you can set an EF alert for D (and/or L and B) to become available, and call to change the flight date if it opens up.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
one I that I deal with PoS is to call agent in different country.

HK PoS does not have D class on certain flight, but US PoS does. I couldnt book from CX HK but can book for CX US.
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.