Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Can I Include the Seychelles on a RTW

Old May 25, 2018, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum

When I enter the following IAD-LHR-SEZ-DOH-SYD... I get the message regarding only one international departure from a continent. Presumably this is since DOH is part of Europe.

Is this an error in the planning tool? As far as I know the only OneWorld option is Qatar from SEZ to DOH.

Help!
Old May 25, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is SEZ considered Africa? That could be why you can't go to DOH, i.e., back to Europe. Isn't there a flight from SEZ to CMB?
Old May 25, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
There is one flight on UL at 5:30 AM. Was hoping to find an alternative as CMB is not my favorite airport.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yes, but ... if there are only three Oneworld destinations from SEZ -- LHR, DOH and CMB -- and if two of them -- LHR and DOH -- are in Europe / Middle East; and if you're coming from Europe / Middle East -- LHR -- then I'm afraid it doesn't look like you have much choice.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
When I enter the following IAD-LHR-SEZ-DOH-SYD... I get the message regarding only one international departure from a continent. Presumably this is since DOH is part of Europe.

Is this an error in the planning tool? As far as I know the only OneWorld option is Qatar from SEZ to DOH.

Help!
Assuming you are talking about a Oneworld Explorer ticket...

Yes, this is an error in the planning tool
It is hopelessly out of date with regards the rules about second visits to continents (amongst other things)

The Seychelles are part of Africa
You are allowed a second visit to the continent of Europe/Middle East in conjunction with travel to/from/via Africa

So your proposed itinerary (IAD-LHR-SEZ-DOH-SYD...) IS valid
- as would be ...LHR-SEZ-LHR...
- or ...DOH-SEZ-DOH...
But you will not be able to book it online using the tool
You will have to contact an airline or a travel agent
Old May 25, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Apparently still no ex-SEZ xONEx fares. Does that mean that they will not permit such an itinerary to originate at SEZ?
Old May 27, 2018, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Apparently still no ex-SEZ xONEx fares. Does that mean that they will not permit such an itinerary to originate at SEZ?
So it would appear.

Possibly an oversight.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:56 am

There is a fare in EF (only BA). I tried a simple 5 stop trip with the interactive tool starting with the BA SEZ-LHR flight. Says to contact BA for pricing. If it is in the GDS, can a TA issue a ticket at that price? Calling Calchas....
Old May 27, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by headinclouds
There is a fare in EF (only BA). I tried a simple 5 stop trip with the interactive tool starting with the BA SEZ-LHR flight. Says to contact BA for pricing. If it is in the GDS, can a TA issue a ticket at that price? Calling Calchas....
Yes ... unless something else breaks it.

Is there really a fare on SEZSEZ? I looked and didn’t see it.
Old May 27, 2018, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes ... unless something else breaks it.

Is there really a fare on SEZSEZ? I looked and didn’t see it.
Checking CX,JL,QR,AA,QF and BA for SEZ-SEZ on EF, BA does list fares - In USD they are very low at
DGLOB34 $2844
AGLOB34 $3459

DONE4 $2844
DONE5 $3228
DONE6 $3690

AONE4 $3459
AONE5 $3920
AONE6 $4458

Given that only BA is listing the fares and the pricing levels, I would not be surprised if unable to get BA to ticket it
Old May 28, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Dave Noble; I see the tariff now. Don't know why I couldn't see it yesterday.

Code:
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 16MAY06/1355  EXPIRES INFINITY
I think that might be a record.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i see it now.

I use expertflyer and dont see the pricing... wonder why?

if i restrict the search to BA, i can see it.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I tried it. The OW tool gives an error of only one intercontinental arrival and departure per continent is permitted. Called BA. After ˝ hour on the phone, they get the same error and can't get by it.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:04 pm

I tried it. The OW tool gives an error of only one intercontinental arrival and departure per continent is permitted. Called BA. After ˝ hour on the phone, they get the same error and can't get by it.
I tried SEZ-LHR-JFK-LAX-HKG-CMB-SEZ on the OW tool a few weeks ago. No error on routing, just that it could not create a fare for it. And this trip has 1 entry/exit to Africa. Unless SEZ is in the wrong continent.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called BA. After ˝ hour on the phone, they get the same error and can't get by it.
Please don't tell me they use the same tool?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.