Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[urgent] Which oneworld partner allows retroactively claim credit before enrollment?

[urgent] Which oneworld partner allows retroactively claim credit before enrollment?

Old Sep 27, 17, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)

I flew with Finnair (classes R and Z) in July this year but accidentally entered a non-alliance FFP into Expedia when buying the ticket. I discovered that the error only after a month.

Is there a programme in oneworld which allow me to retroactively claim up to three months before joining? Finnair itself does not allow and BA only allows on their own flights but not on partners.
Old Sep 27, 17, 10:17 pm

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by miklcct View Post
Is there a programme in oneworld which allow me to retroactively claim up to three months before joining?
Are you still barely within a month or a month has already passed? CX Asia Miles allows retroactive claim for up to 1 month before enrollment, per T&C, but I don't have any real life anecdote to share with.

See https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/site...ropDownList#10
Old Sep 27, 17, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew with Finnair (classes R and Z) in July this year but accidentally entered a non-alliance FFP into Expedia when buying the ticket. I discovered that the error only after a month.

Is there a programme in Oneworld which allow me to retroactively claim up to three months before joining? Finnair itself does not allow and BA only allows on their own flights but not on partners.
~3 months is getting a little hopeful for a retro credit to a ffp you are not yet a member of.

Some info in post 2 here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html May not be up to date.

As well as AY OW partners check if they have non OW partners
http://www.wheretocredit.com/finnair/r
http://www.wheretocredit.com/finnair/z
Old Sep 28, 17, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: None any more
I flew with Finnair (classes R and Z) in July this year
Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
Are you still barely within a month or a month has already passed?
I think the answer is clear in the original post.
Old Sep 28, 17, 1:28 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I wonder if this is worth the time you will put into it. Collecting a few miles left and right in different programs just doesn't work. In none of these programs will you be able to collect enough miles to spend them on something worthwile and they will probably expire before you manage to use them.

Better is to find one program that suits your needs and flying pattern and stick to one single program. (or one program per alliance)
Old Sep 28, 17, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA

Is there a programme in oneworld which allow me to retroactively claim up to three months before joining? Finnair itself does not allow and BA only allows on their own flights but not on partners.
R & Z are both low earning miles. Without status on AA, you'll hardly earn anything... so just take it as a lesson, and experience that you won't be able to claim any miles for these flights.

What routing were you on anyway?
Old Sep 28, 17, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus (silver)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
R & Z are both low earning miles. Without status on AA, you'll hardly earn anything... so just take it as a lesson, and experience that you won't be able to claim any miles for these flights.

What routing were you on anyway?
Outbound: HKG - HEL - VNO
Return: KUN - HEL - HKG (VNO was closed for renovation)
Old Sep 29, 17, 1:53 am

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by christep View Post
I think the answer is clear in the original post.
Sorry, somehow I didn't see that.

Search this Thread