CATHAY BIZ vs. AA first

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CATHAY BIZ vs. AA first

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA LTPlat, Marriott LTTitanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I flew CX biz 18 months ago and the food was a joke. Just absolutely horrid. I flew them again this past week from HKG-LAX and the seats had been upgraded and the food was fantastic. I had a steak and it was extremely tender. Later in the flight I had a hamburger and it was one of the tastiest burgers I've ever had. Except for the lack of caviar, the meals in biz on this flight were better than the CX first flight last year. The seat on AA First is better than the current CX seat, but not by much. I like the internet on AA vs none currently on CX. The meals on AA or hit or miss. The last first class flight I took from LHR-LAX, the first meals were absolutely inedible. The crew ended getting a biz class meal for me. The coffee was way off, some lurid metallic taste, so the entire flight was without coffee for me. Given the new seats in CX, the HUGE improvement in meals, and the attention to detail, I would prefer CX biz over AA first.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by boogen
I flew CX biz 18 months ago... I flew them again this past week from HKG-LAX and the seats had been upgraded.... Given the new seats in CX...
I am not aware of CX changing J seats on HKG-LAX within the past 18 months. The seats both times should have been the reverse herringbone 1-2-1 layout. What was different about the seats on your flight last week versus 18 months ago?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: AA LTPlat, Marriott LTTitanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Maybe you are right as I've flown First a few times since the last biz flight, but the HUGE difference was the food. This flight was great, however, yesterday's flight in biz wasn't nearly as good. The main entree steak and great, but the burger was useless. The FA told me it would take 20 minutes to prepare, then came back a few minutes later with a burger she said had already been prepared. It was cold and the bun was totally dried out. Useless burger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.