FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   oneworld Sapphire for 263$ per month, anyone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1865801-oneworld-sapphire-263-per-month-anyone.html)

Rami Tamimi Sep 8, 2017 1:54 am

oneworld Sapphire for 263$ per month, anyone?

S7 now sells their Gold/Sapphire status for 15,000RUB (263$ at today's rates) a month. The card will be immediately available in the app ,but it might take around a week for the status to be visible by oneworld panthers.

Not bad if you have a month of heavy travel.

garykung Sep 8, 2017 2:13 am

Many of us get similar status for less than that.

And with the travel and miles as well.

sxc Sep 8, 2017 2:27 am

I wonder if this flaunts oneworld rules?

Rami Tamimi Sep 8, 2017 2:43 am

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 28791353)
Many of us get similar status for less than that.

And with the travel and miles as well.

Clearly yes, and personally for me it's highly irrelevant as I easily maintain Emerald without even thinking of TP/mileage and whatever runs.

For someone with no status though, it may be a good deal: baggage charges alone on a long-haul round-trip will probably be close to 200$ +lounge access (let's say 40$ on average)+ seat selection fees (CX charges 150$ for a seat in the emergency exit row IIRC). So, I can see why someone might want to pay the $263/month.

Rami Tamimi Sep 8, 2017 2:47 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 28791387)

I would say it's not in the spirit of OW rules, but does OW care? They are clearly not bothered by all those status matches given by AB (and if you look at the Russian analogue of FT, you will see that many provided fake cards to AB and got matched). Same with TK, except that they are in *A.

Ausriver Sep 8, 2017 6:07 am

can you just buy for one month?

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 28791320)
S7 now sells their Gold/Sapphire status for 15,000RUB (263$ at today's rates) a month. The card will be immediately available in the app ,but it might take around a week for the status to be visible by oneworld panthers.

Not bad if you have a month of heavy travel.

Do you have the link? As I can't find anything related to this on their website.

henry999 Sep 8, 2017 6:32 am

Obviously not. It might flout them, though. :)

Rami Tamimi Sep 8, 2017 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver (Post 28791764)
can you just buy for one month?

Do you have the link? As I can't find anything related to this on their website.

https://www.s7.ru/home/s7-priority/f...l-services.dot

It's not on the English version yet though.

Minimum one month and on a monthly basis onwards.

ajeleonard Sep 8, 2017 10:18 am

Anyone flying enough to make paying that much per month worth it, is easily qualifying for Sapphire already

SightseeMC Sep 8, 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 28792630)
Anyone flying enough to make paying that much per month worth it, is easily qualifying for Sapphire already

I think the above poster mentioning a particular travel-heavy month has the right ideal use for this: a 1-time charge.

Of course, how many non-status flyers willing to send $250+ to a Russian airline they'll never fly so they can use Oneworld lounge rules on their next AA flight are there? :p

skunker Sep 8, 2017 12:34 pm

I doubt it. AA sells status through year end boosts and challenges.

Ausriver Sep 8, 2017 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC (Post 28792942)
I think the above poster mentioning a particular travel-heavy month has the right ideal use for this: a 1-time charge.

Of course, how many non-status flyers willing to send $250+ to a Russian airline they'll never fly so they can use Oneworld lounge rules on their next AA flight are there? :p

My sister and her friend is going to travel around xmas, about 8 OW Y flights and there will be 2 legs that the extra luggage will come in handy. I will sure recommend them buy it if this is still available by then. Not sure if they will need an Russian address to enrol.

jacobguo Sep 8, 2017 4:41 pm

For $3,200 a year I could get to AA Plat with minimal EQD run, plus a whole lot of places.

aktchi Sep 8, 2017 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 28791405)
For someone with no status though, it may be a good deal: baggage charges alone on a long-haul round-trip will probably be close to 200$ +lounge access (let's say 40$ on average)+ seat selection fees (CX charges 150$ for a seat in the emergency exit row IIRC). So, I can see why someone might want to pay the $263/month.

Baggage charges and lounge access can be obtained via credit card(s). Even as a Sapphire, one may find the best seats blocked except perhaps on his home carrier (S7 in this case).

CommentatusMaximus Sep 9, 2017 1:30 am

I wonder how much Emerald status would cost? That might be worth it.