Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

RTW upgrade and earning miles question

Old May 7, 02, 2:02 am
Original Poster

HI,

I'm planning a RTW trip for July to go from MEL-CNS-HKG-SIN-Frankfurt-LHR-Paris-Miami-JFK-LAS-LAX-MEL, and I have a few questions. I will book it through Qantas. Can I use Qantas miles to upgrade the Qantas sections (or BA, AA or CX parts)?
Can I earn Qantas points and tier credits on all sectors regardless of airline?
Thanks for any advice!

Aussiemate
Old May 7, 02, 2:44 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aussiemate:
HI,

I'm planning a RTW trip for July to go from MEL-CNS-HKG-SIN-Frankfurt-LHR-Paris-Miami-JFK-LAS-LAX-MEL, and I have a few questions. I will book it through Qantas. Can I use Qantas miles to upgrade the Qantas sections (or BA, AA or CX parts)?
Can I earn Qantas points and tier credits on all sectors regardless of airline?
Thanks for any advice!

Aussiemate
</font>
Yes to the upgrade on QF sections
No to upgrading others
Yes to getting points and tier credits on all sectors operated by QF/AA/BA/CX. On the AA sectors you will also get any applicable status bonuses if you have Silver/Gold/Platinum status

Dave
Old May 7, 02, 3:23 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
Yes to the upgrade on QF sections
No to upgrading others
Yes to getting points and tier credits on all sectors operated by QF/AA/BA/CX. On the AA sectors you will also get any applicable status bonuses if you have Silver/Gold/Platinum status

Dave
</font>

You will not receive tier credits or points on CX if the trip is in economy - CX only give points and credits for pretty much full fare economy classes.
Old May 7, 02, 4:03 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozzie:

You will not receive tier credits or points on CX if the trip is in economy - CX only give points and credits for pretty much full fare economy classes.
</font>
They dont give points or miles for G, V, N, O, Q, X, T, E, Z, U, R and P classes. I didn't think that the RTW tickets were issued in those classes. I have a friend doing an economy class RTW trip atm and the fare basis is L, which is an eligable fare

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Noble (edited 05-07-2002).]
Old May 7, 02, 7:43 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
They dont give points or miles for G, V, N, O, Q, X, T, E, Z, U, R and P classes. I didn't think that the RTW tickets were issued in those classes. I have a friend doing an economy class RTW trip atm and the fare basis is L, which is an eligable fare

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Noble (edited 05-07-2002).]
</font>
In that case, I stand corrected. I was under the assumption that unless you flew full fare Y on CX, you wouldn't get miles or credits.

Old May 7, 02, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Actually you also get AA credit on H and B fares on CX, in addition to the full fare Y.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old May 7, 02, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for all of the helpful responses. All sectors are in M class, so I should be in good shape. Sounds like I'll get some status on Qantas by the time my trip is over.

Aussiemate

Search this Thread
Search Engine: