Search

CX HKG Lounge Access on Arrival -- Emerald

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2002, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
CX HKG Lounge Access on Arrival -- Emerald

Hi -

I am sure this has been addressed --- and I know most of the rules, but I could use some assistance (especially when the exact wording is going to be crucial)

I am flying DFW-xNRT-TPE (overnight) and then to HKG. All on OW in combo P & J.

When I fly from TPE to HKG, can I use the WING or PIER to freshen up? Or are there special arrivals facilities? I am continuing on to China on Dragon Air (CX ownership but no lounge agreements). This wil be on a seperate PNR and ticket so to CX it will look like I am arriving in HKG.

For OW, is access to lounges only on depatures -- I know AA's lounges are OK for oneworld on arrivals.

It's just confusing.

Again, I am emerals and will be arriving on a CX in J class.

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2002, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAExecPlatFlier:
Hi -

I am sure this has been addressed --- and I know most of the rules, but I could use some assistance (especially when the exact wording is going to be crucial)

I am flying DFW-xNRT-TPE (overnight) and then to HKG. All on OW in combo P & J.

When I fly from TPE to HKG, can I use the WING or PIER to freshen up? Or are there special arrivals facilities? I am continuing on to China on Dragon Air (CX ownership but no lounge agreements). This wil be on a seperate PNR and ticket so to CX it will look like I am arriving in HKG.

For OW, is access to lounges only on depatures -- I know AA's lounges are OK for oneworld on arrivals.

It's just confusing.

Again, I am emerals and will be arriving on a CX in J class.

Thanks!
</font>
Pier/Wing are departure lounges, and there is no arrivals lounge. Admittance is somewhat strictly enforced, you will have some (or great) difficulty being admitted based on the Dragonair ticket (there is a Dragonair C lounge). Your CX ticket does not give you lounge access without a connection, and your Emerald status only gives access when flying a Oneworld departure (Dragonair is not oneworld). Recently CX extended arrival lounge access as a benefit to its own (Marco Polo Club) top-tiers, but not to Emerald. You can try to talk you way in, but based on what I saw at the WIng/Pier you will not be successful.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
And even though you are AA Exec Plat, OneWorld emerald, your status will carry no weight at The Wing/Pier as CX has strict instructions. Allowance for entry is strictly for CX Marco Polo Diamond and Gold members travelling onwards on any carrier to China only.

And please, try NOT to cause a scene if you don't get in!
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
Thanks.
And no -- I wouldn't cause a scene...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.