Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Verify last portion of existing RTW options.

Old Apr 8, 02, 8:01 pm
RDP
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Green, and other baseline accounts.

Hi all, it's been a long time! My trip is almost at an end, and now I need to make some decisions!

Ticket currently is NRT-HKG-ICN

I MUST change the departure date currently listed. This requires a "REISSUE" correct? What is the current fee? This can be done locally at the CTO I believe. Please confirm.

As discuessed in the past: I am in the continent of orgin now (ASIA) therefore I CAN NOT add an additional segment under ANY circumstance even if I am within my stopover bounds. Just want to know if that's still the case.

Pretty well it boils down to just being able to make a date change and paying for it.

Just want to get a feel for how restrictive this is at this stage of the game. Would love to add a segment somehow but sigh *continent of orgin* rules apply......

RDP

Old Apr 8, 02, 9:53 pm
mgm

There is no reissue required for date changes - only if you are changing the routing. Just change the reservation with the airline direct.
Old Apr 9, 02, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
if AA is really AN__ about reissue, just make the reservation directly with CX, and tell them your fare code (DONE#, AONE#) and your ticket number.
Old Apr 9, 02, 8:07 pm
RDP
Original Poster

Quick question:

Called Cathay yetserday and got them to give me the reservation number for the remaining portion. One was their proprietary 5 Alpha code and one was a 6 Alpha numeric code.

I tried the 6 digit on checkmytrip,viewmytrip, and the Sabre, Amadeaus and Gallelio online checks, but they all said invalid. Where can I check this reservation online?

Last yeah my codes (for the start of the RTW) were visible even to show me the seat assignments in the section!!!

RDP
Old Apr 9, 02, 10:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDP:
Quick question:

Called Cathay yetserday and got them to give me the reservation number for the remaining portion. One was their proprietary 5 Alpha code and one was a 6 Alpha numeric code.

I tried the 6 digit on checkmytrip,viewmytrip, and the Sabre, Amadeaus and Gallelio online checks, but they all said invalid. Where can I check this reservation online?
RDP
</font>
Just curious. The 5-digit locator is for CX, right? I presume it begins with either H or J. And NRT-HKG-ICN is CX-metal, I suppose. I wonder why you get a six-digit locator, beside the five-digit code.
Old Apr 10, 02, 1:01 am
RDP
Original Poster

Chiangi,

Yes, 5 alpha starts with J.

I assume the 6 alpha numeric is for Oneworld compatability puropses.

Strange thing is that my ticket (DONE3) had 3 original 6 alpha numeric codes assigned to different parts of it, which AT LEAST 2 portions (BA/IB & IB/AY) WERE visible on the trip checkers. I cannot rememebr if the first 6 alpha numeric code assigned to the first portion was visible or not.

I'm interested because the IB/AY portion was even showing the seat status of the people AROUND me (same class, Business) and if they were taken or not. Very very cool......

This NEW code I just received yesterday is brand new, and not on the original ticket at all.

P.S. Even if continuing on with CATHAY ECONOMY as a OW Sahp. I can use their lounge (The wing) while waiting for my outgoing??? Can I have a guest (regular Sahp. rules)?

RDP
Old Apr 10, 02, 9:41 pm

RDP, you can use the lounge so long as you have saphire status and an onward oneworld flight from HKG.

About the locators, I would think you would get a set of two if you book through CX for AA, for instance. One for CX (five digits) and the other for AA (six digits). But if you are flying CX and the reservation is made by CX, usually there should be one. But CX is also generating a sabre locator as well? Interesting.
Old Apr 14, 02, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
5 digit are CUPID code (CX's own reseravtion system, my guess:??cathay unix passenger info d__??)

the 6 digit is probably ABACUD (linked to Sabre), but not simultaneously updated. so you cannot view it at virtuallythere.com.

however, if you are MPO member, you should be able to see it on cx.com (under personal itin)
Old Apr 15, 02, 3:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pegasus8228:
however, if you are MPO member, you should be able to see it on cx.com (under personal itin)</font>
Yes. CX's Internet services are very good. I can even look up JL/AA award ticket reservations for CX flights once I have MPC enter my number! Much better than UA's 'All Itineraries.'

Search this Thread