4 Continent OWE ex-ARN in Biz?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2001, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!

For the last few days I tried to get the new price ex-ARN. BA in the UK can't/won't give it to me. They insist on giving me the GBP equivalent - GBP4500. They even tried telling me it was only available in the UK! I've tried calling BA in Sweden but keep getting the recorded message asking me to hold. I wait and and wait and wait. I eventually give up as I don't like holding for a long time at International rates!

The last update on FewMiles site was June. I think I remember seeing a posting saying the prices had increased by about 20% since then??
Old Oct 14, 2001, 10:43 am

Gaza
Sorry for the delay - I've been away from FT for a few weeks.
I appreciate that the 4 continent fare from Sweden in D class has now increased to 46000 SEK so I'm not sure whether you're still interested in originating the trip there-

if you are, call BA on

+ 46 563 541 702 and ask to speak to a supervisor. I made the mistake of making my recent booking with the first agent I spoke with and it turned out that she knew very little about OWEs- hence there were a lot of problems and mistakes made.
Having said that, I did manage to get a 4 continent fare in D for 34000 (old price) issued on September 30th but had to physically turn up at the airport with cash to pay for it at very short notice.

As a solution to paying international phone rates, why don't you sign up with 'Onetel'- (www.onetel.co.uk) ? Signing up is free and calls to Sweden from the UK cost 2p per min at all times- great for booking complex routings over the phone!

If you need any more info, let me know!
Salt
Old Oct 14, 2001, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
If you look at FewMiles' site, you'll notice that effective 1 October, the fares within euroland were all standardised in euros so they cost the same everywhere. Best is to look for points of origin outside the euro bloc that have weak currencies, do not use USD afor pricing, and are cheap/convenient to get to.
Old Oct 14, 2001, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
When asking for a fare out of UK, you can say that you're getting a ticket for a relative but you need to know how much the ticket will cost ORIGINATING and PAID for in that country so that you can arrange the proper amount to send him/her. Works for me everytime. Maybe you just shouldn't talk to BA.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 3:41 am

Call AY, IB, or QF. Normal QF agents book the trips (instead of RTW desks), so they know them.

Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Thanks for the comments.

My post pre-dated FewMiles update so I'm now if full possesion of relevant info. The price hike takes it above a 29,000 mile *A ex-ARN or CPH so it looks as though I'll be doing it with *A. The difference is around Ł400 per ticket. The saving pays for our 3 nights in the Raynavadee in Thailand!

Added problem was also getting to Krabi or Phuket on OW. No problem with *A.

OW restrictions on stopovers and legs within continent of origin also make it less attractive. With some careful planning I can add a couple of extra European trips for later in the year to my *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.