Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Major Lounge Access Change for OneWorld Elites?

Major Lounge Access Change for OneWorld Elites?

Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: OW Sapphire - CX MPC Gold, *A GOLD Turkish, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, BW Diamond
to the OP, I had the same situation when in SFO, the BA lounge was near my gate and I was at first denied entry then I showed them the BA webpage and they let me through.

Welcome to our lounges

We have over 30 dedicated British Airways departure lounges and more than 100 additional partner lounges worldwide for you to experience. You can use them if you are:

flying on a scheduled British Airways flight in First, Club World or Club Europe
a Silver or Gold Member* of the British Airways Executive Club on a scheduled flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners
an Emerald or Sapphire member* of any of the oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes on a scheduled flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners

over the age of 18 years, or if under 18 years you are accompanied by a responsible adult. (Local laws relating to the consumption of alcohol will apply.)
* Includes access to more than 650 oneworld partner lounges.

All lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mation/lounges
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by b950022
to the OP, I had the same situation when in SFO, the BA lounge was near my gate and I was at first denied entry then I showed them the BA webpage and they let me through.

All lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mation/lounges
They normally then point to this line.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by number_6
Sadly AA forgot to provision quality catering for FFD and the food is mostly inedible, about equal to BA J lounges and a far cry from Concorde dining. Also I can confirm that CX F does have access, rather mysteriously (I suppose CX pays for access). Sadly Concorde room access at JFK isn't available for CX F
With CX now in T8 at JFK and BA still in T7, that would be difficult to arrange.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by skunker
With CX now in T8 at JFK and BA still in T7, that would be difficult to arrange.
Not really difficult - just time consuming.

As of May 1st 2014 it simply requires a same day boarding pass departing the airport to go air-side at any terminal. I have seen reports of this at LAX, JFK, ORD and BOS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.