Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Lounge Access JFK and MAD - AAirpass / BA

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Iberia Lounge Access JFK and MAD - AAirpass / BA

I will be flying Iberia in June and am aware that they use the BA Terrace Lounge in terminal 7 at JFK. I am an AAirpass member with American Airlines which gives me access to all of the Admiral Club lounges. Since all 3 of these airlines are OneWorld members I want to know if my AAirpass membership will allow me access to the Iberia/BA lounge in JFK. I assume that this would not have been an issue when Iberia shared the same terminal as AA at JFK (term 8) until recently moving to the BA terminal as I could have just used the Admiral Club.

My ticket on Iberia is booked economy class and I do also hold account memberships with both Iberia and BA. However, neither of them are to the level that grants lounge access.

I am also curious about my lounge privileges in Madrid (MAD) based on the info I have given.

Thank you for any info on this.
Old May 3, 2006, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cwwoolston
I will be flying Iberia in June and am aware that they use the BA Terrace Lounge in terminal 7 at JFK. I am an AAirpass member with American Airlines which gives me access to all of the Admiral Club lounges. Since all 3 of these airlines are OneWorld members I want to know if my AAirpass membership will allow me access to the Iberia/BA lounge in JFK. I assume that this would not have been an issue when Iberia shared the same terminal as AA at JFK (term 8) until recently moving to the BA terminal as I could have just used the Admiral Club.

My ticket on Iberia is booked economy class and I do also hold account memberships with both Iberia and BA. However, neither of them are to the level that grants lounge access.

I am also curious about my lounge privileges in Madrid (MAD) based on the info I have given.

Thank you for any info on this.
If AAirpass confers full Admirals Club membership, you will only have access to Admirals Clubs as well as EI and QF lounges. If it is a cut down version of Admirals Club, you may not. I suggest the easiest thing to do is give them a call.

Access info regarding a normal Admirals Club membership can be found here:

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...gAMember.jhtml

From the above page, it seems EI and QF are their only other lounge partners so BA is out of the question.

Originally Posted by AC Club Membership
Access to over 30 additional international lounges operated by airline partners, Qantas and Aer Lingus.
Old May 3, 2006, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No lounge access at MAD. JFK has an AC outside security in T8 (takes about 5 minutes by airtrain to get from there to T7, so you could stay in the lounge until close to the IB flight time). No lounge access at T7 unfortunately without OW status, etc.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:21 pm

Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one.....

I am flying on IB JFK-MAD business class...will this ticket grant me access to any of the terminal lounges?
Old May 16, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I am flying on IB JFK-MAD business class...will this ticket grant me access to any of the terminal lounges?
Yes, the British Airways Galleries Club lounge:

Old May 18, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Yes, the British Airways Galleries Club lounge:

Thanks Jaxba

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.