FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Changing ex-MPM DONE5 in DOH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1834011-changing-ex-mpm-done5-doh.html)

austom Apr 4, 2017 8:10 am

Changing ex-MPM DONE5 in DOH

Hi,

I have an ex-MPM DONE5 that I start in June.

The current routing is MPM-xDOH-HKG-HND-BKK-xHKG-PER-xSYD-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-SVO-xHEL-LHR-JNB

I want to take advantage of the fact that DOH-CAI books into A and earns 150 Qantas status credits, so I'm wondering whether I will be able to fly the first sector (MPM-DOH) and then go to a ticketing desk in Doha airport and get them to change the ticket.

My proposed routing is MPM-xDOH-CAI-xDOH-HKG-HND-SYD-xPER-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-SVO-xHEL-LHR-JNB

I have a 2 hour 35 minute layover. Not sure if this is enough time to complete the change (the flight to CAI leaves around 7 hours after the flight to HKG, so plenty of time in that regard but not a huge amount of time before the HKG flight leaves).

Also, the flight from MPM lands just after midnight, so not sure whether anyone would be around and able to help (or whether the lounge staff may be able to assist).

Any experiences changing RTW tickets in airports just before flying the next sector, or with the ticketing support services available in Doha Airport?

Cheers
Tom

aaupgrade Apr 4, 2017 10:01 am

No. ME including DOH and CAI are part of Europe per ONE rules.

The continent of Europe-Middle East consists of 2 zones:
* Europe (including Algeria, Morocco, Russia west of the Urals & Tunisia)
* Middle East (including Egypt, Libya and Sudan)
You can only have stopovers going in one direction when your xONEn originates in Africa and includes Europe both exiting and returning to Africa.

Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America when one is a transfer without stopover.
Page 3 of 10 Rule 3015
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is a transfer without stopover or on direct single plane service between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.
3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East:
For travel originating in Africa
Africa- Europe/Middle East – RTW –Europe/Middle East – Africa
One of the visits to Europe/Middle East must be a
transfer without stopover between Africa
and the previous/next continent.

Download ONE rules here.

Wasabi Tofu Apr 4, 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by austom (Post 28127639)
My proposed routing is MPM-xDOH-CAI-xDOH-HKG-HND-SYD-xPER-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-SVO-xHEL-LHR-JNB

Before ticketing during DOH,
This itin contains 5 Europe/ME segments.
DOH-CAI-DOH, HEL-SVO-HEL-LHR

You can include only 4 Europe/ME segments.

austom Apr 4, 2017 6:02 pm

Deleted: Duplicate

austom Apr 4, 2017 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 28128145)
No. ME including DOH and CAI are part of Europe per ONE rules.

You can only have stopovers going in one direction when your xONEn originates in Africa and includes Europe both exiting and returning to Africa.

[/INDENT]
Download ONE rules here.

Thanks for the reply :)

If i change CAI to a transit without stopover, and remove SVO from the itinerary, this should solve both of the issues that have been raised and I think this is now a valid itinerary.

MPM-xDOH-xCAI-xDOH-HKG-HND-SYD-xPER-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-LHR-JNB.

So assuming that is a valid itinerary, do you think this change will be possible to make during my layover in Doha?

And will it make a difference if i have checked in for both legs of the original MPM-xDOH-HKG flight? (I wont have any checked luggage if that makes a difference).

Cheers,
Tom

TopGunner Apr 12, 2017 10:04 am

Originally Posted by austom (Post 28131028)
Thanks for the reply :)

If i change CAI to a transit without stopover, and remove SVO from the itinerary, this should solve both of the issues that have been raised and I think this is now a valid itinerary.

MPM-xDOH-xCAI-xDOH-HKG-HND-SYD-xPER-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-LHR-JNB.

So assuming that is a valid itinerary, do you think this change will be possible to make during my layover in Doha?

And will it make a difference if i have checked in for both legs of the original MPM-xDOH-HKG flight? (I wont have any checked luggage if that makes a difference).

Cheers,
Tom

I have changed a QR RTW in DOH, but only to change to an earlier flight versus my original booked flight. That said if you get the right ticketing agent in the transfer area you can do all the changes you want, but be warned there needs to be a willing contact in the main office to do the pricing and changes.

I would also suggest calling the US service center, at one point Qantas who issued the ticket wouldn't touch the ticket because QR had handled it and i was able to make all manner of changes via the QR US line no fuss.

Don't think you can pull it off in an hour for a flight within 2-3hours.

skunker Apr 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by TopGunner (Post 28167770)
I have changed a QR RTW in DOH, but only to change to an earlier flight versus my original booked flight. That said if you get the right ticketing agent in the transfer area you can do all the changes you want, but be warned there needs to be a willing contact in the main office to do the pricing and changes.

I would also suggest calling the US service center, at one point Qantas who issued the ticket wouldn't touch the ticket because QR had handled it and i was able to make all manner of changes via the QR US line no fuss.

Don't think you can pull it off in an hour for a flight within 2-3hours.

I was told on my long transfer at DOH that they won't touch it within 1 hour of flight time. I had flown MPM-DOH and wanted to get on one of the late night flight to the US instead of waiting until 8am, but we landed an hour late so I had to kill 6 hours in the lounge.

austom Apr 18, 2017 4:06 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think its a toss up between trying a ticketing agent in the transfer area and calling the US ticketing office.

Might just have to try my luck with the agents in the terminal. Where did you go to ask for your ticketing change when you were transiting DOH?

Cheers,
Tom

skipaway May 13, 2017 8:18 am

Originally Posted by austom (Post 28127639)
Hi,

I have a 2 hour 35 minute layover. Not sure if this is enough time to complete the change (the flight to CAI leaves around 7 hours after the flight to HKG, so plenty of time in that regard but not a huge amount of time before the HKG flight leaves). Tom

Correct me if I've misinterpreted, but I don't think this is a legal routing as you touch Europe/ME both leaving and returning to Africa. You are forced to transit on your first leg, so you will have to return to JNB via HKG, or pick a new final stop in a country other than Mauritius or SA.

If travel to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may
not include Mauritius/South Africa

aaupgrade May 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by skipaway (Post 28306708)
Correct me if I've misinterpreted, but I don't think this is a legal routing as you touch Europe/ME both leaving and returning to Africa. You are forced to transit on your first leg, so you will have to return to JNB via HKG, or pick a new final stop in a country other than Mauritius or SA.

If travel to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may
not include Mauritius/South Africa

Already asked in post 2, and addressed in theory by OP in post 5.