Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pyffii
thanks Calchas I pretty much expected your confirmation but I am not that keen on JFK-LAX_MEL !!!....Guess I might just have to do it though...Cheers
Calchas was suggesting QF12 all the way through to SYD, ie -JFK-SYD-MEL-BNE-MEL-SYD-NRT
With QF12 out of JFK often delayed, connections to MEL can sometimes be missed with the flight released and MEL connections from JFK moved to the BNE or SYD flight upon landing in LAX.
Since you don't have a US transcon on the current plan, there is also the option of JFK-SFO-SYD, or if after September, SFO-MEL on some days.

QF fly BNE and MEL-NRT and SYD-HND, JL fly SYD-NRT and MEL-NRT
The QF BNE and MEL-NRT flights are day flights north, overnight south. HND is overnight in both directions.
JL has a day flight north from SYD and south to MEL and night flights north from MEL and south to SYD.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Do you mind me asking what price it was out of TLV? I assume the connection to a Muslim country was TLV - AMM?
It was 6200 USD for DONE3 (+1000 for another continent), I guess it's a competitive price nowadays but some veterans here may know better.

It was TLV-HKG-MLE-HKG in one go - yeah just for points for that MLE turnaround. But regardless, I didn't have to present my itinerary before proceeding to check-in so it wasn't an issue.
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Himeno
Calchas was suggesting QF12 all the way through to SYD, ie -JFK-SYD-MEL-BNE-MEL-SYD-NRT
With QF12 out of JFK often delayed, connections to MEL can sometimes be missed with the flight released and MEL connections from JFK moved to the BNE or SYD flight upon landing in LAX.
Since you don't have a US transcon on the current plan, there is also the option of JFK-SFO-SYD, or if after September, SFO-MEL on some days.

QF fly BNE and MEL-NRT and SYD-HND, JL fly SYD-NRT and MEL-NRT
The QF BNE and MEL-NRT flights are day flights north, overnight south. HND is overnight in both directions.
JL has a day flight north from SYD and south to MEL and night flights north from MEL and south to SYD.
Thanks Himeno for your reply....Yes I am aware of all of those options and have flown every which way home from the west coast and to be frank just hate all the options....As we are retired JFK-HKG-MEL suits us better as we spend a couple of nights in HKG and that eases the jetlag and then the overnighter from HKG arrives at 11.30am a most civil time when Melbourne airport is deserted and from landing to the Limo is about 15 minutes !!
So thats why we are looking to come home via HKG....Currently we are doing DONE5's from JNB but the rand has moved dramatically against us so thinking we may need to start from HND and trying to see if its is allowable to come home via HKG
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
a couple of nights in HKG
This is a problem I believe. People have reported success in getting transits (<24 hours) ticketed like this, but I don't recall anyone every getting a stopover ticketed on similar itineraries.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
So thats why we are looking to come home via HKG....Currently we are doing DONE5's from JNB but the rand has moved dramatically against us so thinking we may need to start from HND and trying to see if its is allowable to come home via HKG
Originally Posted by christep
This is a problem I believe. People have reported success in getting transits (<24 hours) ticketed like this, but I don't recall anyone every getting a stopover ticketed on similar itineraries.
The rules say "Maximum 2 stopovers permitted in the continent of origin" so I don't see why it would be a problem to route HND- ... RTW ... -oHKG-oHND.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by anabolism
The rules say "Maximum 2 stopovers permitted in the continent of origin" so I don't see why it would be a problem to route HND- ... RTW ... -oHKG-oHND.
That's fine.

What isn't fine as I understand it is HND-<Europe>-<N America>-o<Asia>-<SW Pacific>-<Asia>-<HND>.

Whether HND-<Europe>-<N America>-x<Asia>-<SW Pacific>-<Asia>-<HND> is fine may depend on who you ask.

Last edited by christep; Mar 6, 2018 at 8:13 am
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by christep
That's fine.

What isn't fine as I understand it is HND-<Europe>-<N America>-o<Asia>-<SW Pacific>-<Asia>-<HND>.

Whether HND-<Europe>-<N America>-x<Asia>-<SW Pacific>-<Asia>-<HND> is fine may depend on who you ask.
???
Current rule says:

4. FLIGHT APPLICATION/ROUTINGS

(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent
except as follows:

1. Two permitted in North America.

2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.

3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa.
If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
???
Current rule says:
4. FLIGHT APPLICATION/ROUTINGS

(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent
except as follows:

1. Two permitted in North America.

2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.

3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa.
If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa.
And neither of the visits to Asia is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East
Therefore the itinerary will not be valid
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:30 pm

Thanks all...will call AA and report back but I guess the only option is to fly JFK-MEL-SYD-HND....or stay with orginating in JNB and pay the extra
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
And neither of the visits to Asia is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East
Therefore the itinerary will not be valid
Rang JL and they confirmed that this itinerary is in fact invalid so need to fly JFK-SFO-MEL etc....Thanks all for your advice
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

Hey everyone, I started research for DONE4, I thought I share base fare with rest of you.

Airport BF Currency
cai $2,490 (USD)
alg $6,994 (USD)
nrt $7,140 (USD)
kwi $7,157 (USD)
amm $7,193 (USD)
tlv $7,200 (USD)
ktm $7,228 (USD)
OSL $7,272 (USD)
khi $7,388 (USD)
isb $7,388 (USD)
cmb $7,441 (USD)
ARN $7,481 (USD)
AMD $7,499 (USD)
jed $7,602 (USD)
ist $7,685 (USD)
doh $7,991 (USD)
mpm $8,034 (USD)
jnb $8,222 (USD)
dxb $8,506 (USD)
lca $8,528 (USD)
hel $8,528 (USD)
dme $8,528 (USD)
mla $8,528 (USD)
lhr $8,641 (USD)
bgw $8,750 (USD)
akl $8,976 (USD)

Source: ExpertFlyer ; pulled on Apr 28 2018

Can anyone advise if any better ex-pricing point exist, compare to what I have pulled?
Additionally, Can someone share details on why ex-CAI are invalid? I am curious what is the reason behind barring ex-CAI fare? I tried searching but nothing relevant is coming up.

Thanks,
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ccuser11
Can someone share details on why ex-CAI are invalid? I am curious what is the reason behind barring ex-CAI fare? I tried searching but nothing relevant is coming up.
[FARES GONE] Egyptian Pound Devalued - bargain prices for RTW tickets
Old May 15, 2018, 1:22 pm

Location: SYD, YYZ, Southwest UK, a beach somewhere in the world
Programs: AC Prestige, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ccuser11
Hey everyone, I started research for DONE4, I thought I share base fare with rest of you.

Airport BF Currency
cai $2,490 (USD)
alg $6,994 (USD)
nrt $7,140 (USD)
kwi $7,157 (USD)
amm $7,193 (USD)
tlv $7,200 (USD)
ktm $7,228 (USD)
OSL $7,272 (USD)
khi $7,388 (USD)
isb $7,388 (USD)
cmb $7,441 (USD)
ARN $7,481 (USD)
AMD $7,499 (USD)
jed $7,602 (USD)
ist $7,685 (USD)
doh $7,991 (USD)
mpm $8,034 (USD)
jnb $8,222 (USD)
dxb $8,506 (USD)
lca $8,528 (USD)
hel $8,528 (USD)
dme $8,528 (USD)
mla $8,528 (USD)
lhr $8,641 (USD)
bgw $8,750 (USD)
akl $8,976 (USD)

Source: ExpertFlyer ; pulled on Apr 28 2018

Can anyone advise if any better ex-pricing point exist, compare to what I have pulled?
Additionally, Can someone share details on why ex-CAI are invalid? I am curious what is the reason behind barring ex-CAI fare? I tried searching but nothing relevant is coming up.

Thanks,
cant speak to the ex-CAI fare, but ex-YYZ (or any Canadian starting point) prices out to $8,442 USD
Old May 31, 2018, 3:39 pm

Location: SYD, YYZ, Southwest UK, a beach somewhere in the world
Programs: AC Prestige, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
SEZ BA rtw fare valid?

Does anyone know if the SEZ rtw fares loaded on EF are actually ticketable? I tried using the tool to go MLE-LGW to start so it would book on BA, but then every city turned invalid.

Last edited by ACN Consultant; May 31, 2018 at 3:41 pm Reason: Adding screenshot from ED
Old May 31, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACN Consultant
Does anyone know if the SEZ rtw fares loaded on EF are actually ticketable? I tried using the tool to go MLE-LGW to start so it would book on BA, but then every city turned invalid.

Not aware of anyone ticketing it so far.

Possibly a TA could do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.