Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: OW Emerald; Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by TopGunner
I just went through some changes (and some extreme fuel fine pain for TATL on AA) with QF on my ex-Cairo Done 3. No mas no fus, there was even some time spent trying to deal with the fact that my EGP fare was changing and asking for an extra EGP100. Not one peep about it being an ex-Cairo fare or that the ticket has been touched by QF, BA, QR (which was an experience x2) and CX, without issue since I flew Sector 1 in Jan 2017.

So my change today:
Original - xxxx-HKG-JFK-DOH-AMM-CAI (had a QF agent last time who couldn't handle the ME surface sector DOH-CAI).
New - xxxx-HKG-EWR//LGA-DCA//BWI-LHR-ZRH-LHR-CAI
Fuel fine add/collect -> $555, so f-ing ridiculous. Flying AA was a $100 cheaper with an extra flight, but given my travel it wasn't worth the extra flight and slight savings.
You are SO fortunate. May I ask which QF call centre did you go through?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

2 weeks ago, I redid the final 11 segments of my AONE4 with AA. No muss or fuss, extra $55 but I think I should have gotten a $150 refund . Must be those QR/MH fuel fines.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
My experience is that CX wont take over the ticket because CX didnt have a fare when the ticket was originally issued. I was asked to pay a huge fare difference.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
My experience is that CX wont take over the ticket because CX didnt have a fare when the ticket was originally issued. I was asked to pay a huge fare difference.
But, I believe that they are OK with 'normal' xONEx tickets without the crazy currency issues that we use.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
But, I believe that they are OK with 'normal' xONEx tickets without the crazy currency issues that we use.
QR and RJ (and MH) were late in pulling the fare. At the time people were buying from RJ, CX didnt have a fare, so they cant re-stock the ticket.
This is the explanation that was given to me.
Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Originally Posted by buzzing
You are SO fortunate. May I ask which QF call centre did you go through?
This weekend i called the Switzerland number, so it was getting routed to one of the open centers.

To be honest, for the most part, most of the time i have called any of the 24hr numbers i get half-competent agents, and if you call during regular Aussie business hours you are likely to get the right support for complicated situations.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Purchased DONE5 ex-CAI (now an ex-DOH ticket) 13Dec16 from a TA on QF stock. Flew first leg on 24Aug17. Now looking to change some upcoming flights and turn into a DONE6. I understand that this change should be subject to historical pricing as of date of original ticket. I cannot get historical pricing on EF, does anyone here have access to the fare difference between a DONE5 and DONE6 ex-CAI on 13Dec16? Any help would be appreciated,
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by rollthere
Purchased DONE5 ex-CAI (now an ex-DOH ticket) 13Dec16 from a TA on QF stock. Flew first leg on 24Aug17. Now looking to change some upcoming flights and turn into a DONE6. I understand that this change should be subject to historical pricing as of date of original ticket. I cannot get historical pricing on EF, does anyone here have access to the fare difference between a DONE5 and DONE6 ex-CAI on 13Dec16? Any help would be appreciated,
Cannot find any fare filed by QF, but fare filed by QR indicated that DONE5 and DONE6 were 50200EGP and 58600EGP, respectively.

Code:
FQ13DEC16CAICAI24AUG17‡BD«                                      
CAI-CAI       SHOP         THU 24AUG17                     EGP  
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//      
  SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED      
MULTIPLE SELLING CURRENCIES CONVERTED TO EGP USING CURRENT BSR  
**     CAICAI.CT       24AUG17          MPM                     
   V  FARE BASIS  AP FARE-OW    FARE-RT CX BK   SEASON  MINMAX  
  1    DCIRAT17    ‡           38170.00 QR D‡   ---     ‡‡/  -  
  2    DONEWC3     ‡           41900.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
  3    DCIRAT21    ‡           42790.00 QR D‡   ---     ‡‡/  -  
  4    DONEWC4     ‡           44000.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
  5    DCIRAT25    ‡           50270.00 QR D‡   ---     ‡‡/  -  

**     CAICAI.RW       24AUG17          MPM                     
   V  FARE BASIS  AP FARE-OW    FARE-RT CX BK   SEASON  MINMAX  
  6    DGLOB34     ‡           40900.00 IG D    ---      -/12M  
  7    DONE3       ‡           41900.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
  8    DGLOB34     ‡           44000.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
  9    DONE4       ‡           44000.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
 10    DONE5       ‡           50200.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
 11    DONE6       ‡           58600.00 QR D‡   ---      -/12M  
 12    IRTWSKY4    ‡           96078.00*CI D‡   ---     10/12M  
 13    IRTWSKY4    ‡           96078.00*CZ D‡   ---     10/12M  
 14    IRTWSKY4    ‡           96078.00*GA D‡   ---     10/12M ‡
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Cannot find any fare filed by QF, but fare filed by QR indicated that DONE5 and DONE6 were 50200EGP and 58600EGP, respectively.

Code:
FQ13DEC16CAICAI24AUG17‡BD«
CAI-CAI SHOP THU 24AUG17 EGP
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//
SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED
MULTIPLE SELLING CURRENCIES CONVERTED TO EGP USING CURRENT BSR
** CAICAI.CT 24AUG17 MPM
V FARE BASIS AP FARE-OW FARE-RT CX BK SEASON MINMAX
1 DCIRAT17 ‡ 38170.00 QR D‡ --- ‡‡/ -
2 DONEWC3 ‡ 41900.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M
3 DCIRAT21 ‡ 42790.00 QR D‡ --- ‡‡/ -
4 DONEWC4 ‡ 44000.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M
5 DCIRAT25 ‡ 50270.00 QR D‡ --- ‡‡/ -

** CAICAI.RW 24AUG17 MPM
V FARE BASIS AP FARE-OW FARE-RT CX BK SEASON MINMAX
6 DGLOB34 ‡ 40900.00 IG D --- -/12M
7 DONE3 ‡ 41900.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M
8 DGLOB34 ‡ 44000.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M
9 DONE4 ‡ 44000.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M
10 DONE5 ‡ 50200.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M
11 DONE6 ‡ 58600.00 QR D‡ --- -/12M 
12 IRTWSKY4 ‡ 96078.00*CI D‡ --- 10/12M
13 IRTWSKY4 ‡ 96078.00*CZ D‡ --- 10/12M
14 IRTWSKY4 ‡ 96078.00*GA D‡ --- 10/12M ‡
Thank you for that!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:51 am

Trying to change and ex-CAI (now an exDOH) DONE5 first segment has already been flown. I'm aware the below itin will become a DONE6 hence the earlier question about historical pricing. This is ticketed through a TA. Is the following a valid itin:

DOH-MIA-SCL-MEL-PER-HKG-CTS-HKG-MLE-HKG-JNB-xDOH-NBO-xLHR-KEF-HEL-DOH

TA says the JNB-DOH-NBO sector is not permitted. Aren't I allowed a second intercontinental departure from DOH provided it is only a transit? Or is that not allowed from Africa? I can never read that rule clearly. Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You cannot do Africa-Europe/ME-Africa.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
As Calchas said, your itinerary is not valid. The rule you are violating is regarding second visits to continents; its wording is:

4(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
  1. Two permitted in North America.
  2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.
  3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa.
So, second visits are only allowed to the northern hemisphere continents (Nth America, Asia and Europe/Middle East)
You cannot visit Africa twice, and that is what you are trying to do with ...JNB-xDOH-NBO...

One option for you is to have a surface segment between JNB and NBO (...JNB, NBO...)
This will also free up a segment which you you can use elsewhere
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:14 pm

Last August 1st RTW was to end in CAI and the 2nd RTW was to commence a few days later in CAI. Well because of the problems in the Middle East I had to figure out how to connect the two. The 2nd ticket was issued through a travel agent and the travel agent stated that the only offer from QF was to originate the 2nd RTW from DOH. They refused the travel agent’s request to travel on MEA or even RJ through AMM. At the same time they refused to reroute the 1st RTW to DOH (from AMM) and I was forced to purchase my own ticket (full J) from AMM to DOH. At the time I figured that was a good thing and I had an extra segment to play with.

Fast forward 6 months to wanting to make all of the final changes to get going again and the travel agent now says QF is repricing the entire itinerary (using historical pricing) but ex DOH and wanting nearly AU$9000 as an additional fare collect! I’ve been spending the last several weeks putting together piece by piece another 15 segments of perfection and I’m left with a skeleton booking that I can either fly a portion of or just give it up altogether! So I’m left with a DONE5 with only one segment flown and it’s virtually useless for me except maybe the next 2 segments. I’m really upset as I had some really special plans in mind this spring/autumn depending on the hemisphere.

Unfortunately I find I have no real recourse as a result of having used the travel agent. Toward the end of my journey on the 1st ticket I was asking about changing the 2nd ticket and each airline had a look at the record and said they couldn’t touch it because it was a travel agency ticket. I haven’t even tried to contact Qantas as I have a feeling they will just point the finger at the travel agent and say it was a voluntary change. Lesson learned that as tempting as it may be to use a travel agent on these tickets they are simply impossible for the airlines to change and obviate the whole idea of any Oneworld carrier taking over the ticket during your journey as they can’t touch a travel agent ticket!

/rant
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by rollthere
Lesson learned that as tempting as it may be to use a travel agent on these tickets they are simply impossible for the airlines to change and obviate the whole idea of any Oneworld carrier taking over the ticket during your journey as they can’t touch a travel agent ticket!
Sure they can. They just can't touch a TA booking before departure. I've made changes to travel agent booked oneworld tickets after departure direct with the airlines many times.
This is likely a case of the airline seeing the ex-CAI old pricing combined with the DOH blockade issues and going "not going to deal with this, not my problem".
pandaperth and Calchas like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:30 am

i have had issues with other tickets that are very cheap. my feelings is that airlines may honor what was booked, but may not honor the fare. (ie. they let you fly the originally booked fare, but the fare rule allows date change, with no fee (after departure), they wont honor that unless i pay up)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.