Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by thois
I also got another response from AY, they said that xONEx ticket prices changed already from 1.8.2017 and those old fares that existed in GDS some days after were error.
Got another e-mail from AY, they said that they checked with OW and all of the exMPM xONEx prices should have changed on 1 Aug 2016. I guess fares department of member airlines were just slow to change the fares after the decision.

Can they really claim that those AY exMPM historical fares existed on 06 Aug 2016 are error fares and not to reprice with those published fares? If they can, basically I have no possibility to make any reroute to the ticket without paying the high fare difference between old and new exMPM fares, right? Or maybe try with JJ/LA/MH/S7/UL? At least LA is impossible to deal with, tried that before AY.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Got another e-mail from AY, they said that they checked with OW and all of the exMPM xONEx prices should have changed on 1 Aug 2016. I guess fares department of member airlines were just slow to change the fares after the decision.

Can they really claim that those AY exMPM historical fares existed on 06 Aug 2016 are error fares and not to reprice with those published fares? If they can, basically I have no possibility to make any reroute to the ticket without paying the high fare difference between old and new exMPM fares, right? Or maybe try with JJ/LA/MH/S7/UL? At least LA is impossible to deal with, tried that before AY.
AY claiming a mistake Maputo fare seems strange. I was working with AA RTW desk at the time and it seemed legitimate. In my case the ex MPM fare changed before I finally was able to ticket. Perhaps it may be best to fly the ex MPM as ticketed. The date change should not cause an issue. I do not save the historical fares ex MPM that were on Expert Flyer. I might just call AA RTW desk and ask their opinion. However, since the merger, many of the competent agents have gone to other departments. (AA RTW DESK 1-800 -247 3247)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2old4coach
I do not save the historical fares ex MPM that were on Expert Flyer.
On EF you can pull up the historical fare information up to one year back. Just change the ticketing date.

It is the same way that the GDSes work, when you change a partially-flown ticket.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Has anyone sucessfully changed an itinerary for an ex-CAI ticket after they have flown the 1st flight that was ticketed by AA? I wonder about this given the recent posts by 2old4couch and thois. Especially since AA has pulled all references to those fares. I checked on EF and AA has no entries for ticketing dates from 1-Nov-2016, while BA and QR do have fares listed. No plans to continue by AONE4 until later this year.
AA rerouted and reticketed my ex-CAI ticket; they changed CAI-DOH to CAI-xxx-DOH. This was the first flight. I'm planning on doing a small reroute now that I've flown the first flight (just change a few of the cities).
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
re ticketing out of CAI on BA + SYD+MEL

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Has anyone sucessfully changed an itinerary for an ex-CAI ticket after they have flown the 1st flight that was ticketed by AA? I wonder about this given the recent posts by 2old4couch and thois. Especially since AA has pulled all references to those fares. I checked on EF and AA has no entries for ticketing dates from 1-Nov-2016, while BA and QR do have fares listed. No plans to continue by AONE4 until later this year.
I was ticketed by BA out of CAI. I added SYD and Mel on my routing making it an AONE4.

QR/BA would not route me back to CAI via SYD or MEL-DOH-CAI. The routed me SYD-SIN-LHR-CAI. Lots more miles. but not exactly as requested. QR would not take the DOH- CAI routing almost 10 months from now. I guess QR is anticipating the DOH-CAI ban will be long term. I wanted to try the QR First MEL or SYD-DOH. But BA said QR refused the routing...(F8 A7)? The SYD-DOH-AMM-CAI was an alternative but too long of a layover in AMM.
I have not accepted the reroute as of yet. The added continent was 540 Not the (460 GBP that was published) or so GBP Plus taxes and fees totaling 960 GBP per person. ( I will accept the price)

The Fare without taxes on Nov. 17, 2016 in GBP was:
Aone3 3450
Aone4 4006
Aone5 4544
Aone6 5299
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR would not take the DOH- CAI routing almost 10 months from now. I guess QR is anticipating the DOH-CAI ban will be long term.
QR has deleted all its flights between CAI and DOH from the system. In principle the sector could be left open on the ticket, but I think they are right in their anticipation that this dispute will not be solved quickly.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
QR has deleted all its flights between CAI and DOH from the system. In principle the sector could be left open on the ticket, but I think they are right in their anticipation that this dispute will not be solved quickly.
I guess Expert flyer is slow to post the routing deletions.
QR as of today is selling:

Wed, 14 Feb 2018
09:00 DOH
Doha, Hamad International Airport
Qatar
Total duration
3h 45m
Arrival
Wed, 14 Feb 2018
11:45 CAI
Cairo, Cairo International Airport
Egypt
QR 1303
Boeing 777-300ER
logoOperated by : Qatar Airways
Total duration : 3h 45m
Class
First (A)

Total price for all passengers
QAR
Baggage Allowance - 65 Kgs Included
Earn
2554 Qmiles
Inbound flight
Cairo Doha Sun, 25 Feb 2018
Departure Arrival
ClassTotal price
for all passengers
Departure
Sun, 25 Feb 2018
00:55 CAI
Cairo, Cairo International Airport
Egypt
Total duration
3h 0m
Arrival
Sun, 25 Feb 2018
04:55 DOH
Doha, Hamad International Airport
Qatar
QR 1306
Airbus A320
logoOperated by : Qatar Airways
Total duration : 3h 0m
Class
First (A)

Total price for all passengers
QAR
Baggage Allowance - 65 Kgs Included
Earn
2554 Qmiles
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR as of today is selling:
Hmm, weird. If you do a flight timetable search, only MS shows up on that date.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Hmm, weird. If you do a flight timetable search, only MS shows up on that date.
And on the qatar airways website, you can purchase a ticket DOH-CAI for that date
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I wanted to try the QR First MEL or SYD-DOH.
Your current itinerary has 3 segments back to CAI (SYD-SIN-LHR-CAI), and you mentioned a 3 segment alternative via AMM.

If you want to try the QR 380 in F, and also want to end in CAI, will they not offer SYD or MEL - DOH - LHR - CAI?

Also, are you actually wanting/needing to end your trip in CAI? As you know, ending anywhere else in the ME (i.e. AMM) is permissible on this fare....
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Your current itinerary has 3 segments back to CAI (SYD-SIN-LHR-CAI), and you mentioned a 3 segment alternative via AMM.

If you want to try the QR 380 in F, and also want to end in CAI, will they not offer SYD or MEL - DOH - LHR - CAI?

Also, are you actually wanting/needing to end your trip in CAI? As you know, ending anywhere else in the ME (i.e. AMM) is permissible on this fare....
I need to end in CAI on this trip. According to the RTW rules and BA I can route:
SYD-SIN-LHR ( on BA 16 single flight number) as I will have already visited asia.
I have flown CAIxLHR-SFO. ( then i have 4 domestic segments in usa) Then HKG-MLE-HKG-SIN-SYD-LHR (BA 16 through SIN)- CAI. Ba suggested the BA 16 to LHR then CAI on their tin. Lots of miles. BA said SYD-DOH-LHR-CAI is 3 x into Europe/ middle east.

QR is not allowing SYD-DOH-CAI. ( even though they still publish a fare for this segment and it is available for booking.)
That is why I was looking at SYD-DOH-AMM-CAI or SYD-(SIN)-LHR-CAI) But on the days I can fly the connecton in AMM is too long for my wife to endure, and not enough time to explore Jordan.

At this point I am running into availability issues on some of the segments, so I may have to visit the routing again. The routing from Asia to Australia was a slick routing but I lost my F seats HKG-SIN and the "D" seats LHR-CAI, during the rebooking process.. I am looking at: Perhaps SFO-lax-mel-SYD-SIN-HKG-MLE-HKG-LHR-CAI. with different dates. I have fixed dates on the MLE vacation and on the return date to CAI. But time is running out and I can only hold so many seats on this res.

But BA is working with me but it is a very slow process, since there is no direct communication with the actual RTW ticketing people. Also the BA call center in Mancheter closes at 10pm UK time and all the RTW ticketing folks are gone by 5pm, UK time so on the west coast, I have to get them early in the am before my coffee...
So a change of routing is a 7 day process, and pricing is still another week, an answer to a simle question is a 3-4 day process.

Perhaps it is best now to avoid DOH-cai on QR since the seats from LHR-cai are booking out quickly in D, and I do not want to miss my expediton in Egypt messing with QR/BA.

I also have another AONE4 comming up to re arrange. This used to be fun, but I am burned out, banging through Expert Flyer looking for A and D...and decent connections.

We have done many of these RTW trips 15+ but It is no longer a simple call to the AA RTW desk or BA RTW desk. AA rtw desk is still there ( the good folks have left, the present staff is second tier) but BA has to make the changes and re issue the tickets. The AA RTW would NOT issue the ex CAI tickets when BA did. So stuck with BA.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Can they really claim that those AY exMPM historical fares existed on 06 Aug 2016 are error fares and not to reprice with those published fares? If they can, basically I have no possibility to make any reroute to the ticket without paying the high fare difference between old and new exMPM fares, right? Or maybe try with JJ/LA/MH/S7/UL?
Just to update, surprisingly QF agreeded to upfare from DONE5 to DONE6 with historical prices that were in effect when the deposit was paid, even that they didn't had those fares anymore on original ticketing date.

Most of QF agents are useless for reissuing RTW, but luckily I get finally connected QF premium desk agent who agreed that AY should not claim those under error fares when the ticket is partially used. However, he and his supervisor didn't knew the rules very well, I needed to correct them with multiple issues regarding allowed routing, even on already flown segments, but after checking the rules they agreed with me.

I'm still open to suggestions on routing that would give more miles. Rest of my routing is now HKG-CGK-NRT-SIN-SYD-LHR-NBO. I'm crediting miles now to AS, planning to renew AS 75K with this ticket. SIN-SYD-LHR-NBO are with BA that gives more miles to AS. I know changing CGK to DEL would give slightly more miles, but I prefer to visit Indonesia instead of India. Otherwise that routing gives most miles to AS from HKG to SYD that I found.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:43 pm

Time to ticket re issue One month 4 days!

Just a brief note:

I am totally burned out on this ticket reissue problem, but now I have reissued ticket. They won.... BA wore me down...

I will go into the boring details if anyone is interested but in Summary:
( this is JUST a summary!)

This is what I found, some may disagree but my experience is: If you have a partner flight other than BA that is added to a record a ticket must be issued within seven days or the flight and reservation will be canceled by the partner airline. No ticket no flight no flight no seat...

In my case every 7 days I would loose one flight or another because of a delay in ticketing..

This resulted in 4 cancellations.

The first cancellation was a CX flight that I lost my flights and seats in First Class. Because of that I need a total re route and change dates to find a flight with first class seats in the"A" fare bucket. The above was delayed because of a QR issue with DOH-CAI. BA did not communicate this to me, in fact they could not figure it out.( I discussed this in the forum.) I re routed via AMM to solve the DOH CAI issue.

The second : I just saw on on my "My Flight" app on my phone that the reservation went back to the original ticketed routing, the one I was not going to fly. The seats and flights dropped again.

The Third time the ticket was not issued with in 7 days so that flights and seats dropped again.

The forth time: the ticket was not issued within 7 days and the new flights dropped again Plus an already ticketed segment evaporated! Ba... did not...know why....

(Be sure to use the "MY Flights" app it saved my ticket. It was the only way to be notified of the loss or changes on my res!! 4 times + the ticket re issue) Or log into BA.COM everyday and check your record.

It appears that every time a flight is restored or added back into the record by BA it goes back into the ticketing que. ( It must be routed to the RTW ticketing agents! not the regular re ticketing que)
Ticketing takes longer that seven days....Every event above took more than 7 days. This a ticket can not successfully be reissued unless it gets done in six days!!!!!!

After 16 hours on the res line and 6 emails to every contact I could find I got the ticket re issued !!!
The the pricing was incorrect! They had made a 500GBP error plus I was charged for an Aone5 instead of an AONE4 (my original ticket was issued as an AONE3 but priced as and AONE4). I got BA to refund the $500GBP for the math error, but I think fighting for the fare pricing may be futile and not worth my time. My wife thinks is BA trying to make their money back on my cheap CAI tickets, buy making it impossible to fly on this ticket.
Any money saved on this fare was lost on the time it took to resolve the ticketing issues. One month 4 days...... still over priced by 1200GBP. BA said they used historical pricing...Ba is always right, eh?

Is BA trying to send us ex CAI RTW patrons a message??

Just a note: the Manchester agents were really quite nice and really tried to help. They were even more frustrated with the system than I was! They did not have direct communication with ticketing, only a message system. BA needs to look at how much money they are spending on phone time vs having a real RTW desk. ( my phone app said I was on the BA line for a total of 16 hours over the one month it took to reissue this ticket! can that be correct? should I bill them...???)

Thanks to JBALMUTH for the help + one other BA guy.

Last edited by 2old4coach; Aug 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's simple incompetence 2old4coach, unfortunately. BA will do this kind of stuff to you on a full J fare as well as on a cheapo RTW fare. They got rid of a lot of their trained staff a while ago, and it's being going down hill since then.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:05 am

I think it's simple incompetence 2old4coach, unfortunately. BA will do this kind of stuff to you on a full J fare as well as on a cheapo RTW fare. They got rid of a lot of their trained staff a while ago, and it's being going down hill since then.
I think you are correct. Ba is not alone in loss of competent staff.
American airlines a company I have been flying with since 1988 has also lost or transferred competent staff. The AA RTW dept was the best. Than has changed since the merger with US Air. Most of the good agents have been transferred out or bumped out. That said:
The AA ticketing department at its very worst is better than the BA group handling the RTW ticketing.

In general ALL US airlines ( and BA) have gone down hill in service on the ground and in the air since the mega mergers. The ground staff are downright rude or worse. ( ask Dr. Dao) I used to enjoy flying for the sake of flying. I love airplanes. Now I dread having to take a domestic flight. Rude check in agents, rude gate agents, surrily flight attendants, lost bags and delayed flights. The TSA checks seem trivial compared to the rude treatment by the airlines. (And I always fly first class.) I cannot imagine the torture the coach passengers are subject to...
(I cringe when I see the propaganda " Airlines for America" spouts out. ) way off topic.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.