Originally Posted by pandaperth
In EF, BA's new fares are:

DONE4 MZN357,060 (up from MZN162,300)
DONE5 MZN407,000 (up from MZN185,000)
DONE6 MZN495,000 (up from MZN225,000)

AONE4 MZN581,900 (up from MZN264,500)
AONE5 MZN669,900 (up from MZN304,500)
AONE6 MZN803,000 (up from MZN365,000)

Note: the "up from" base fares are what is showing in EF right now for AA fares ex-MPM
The new fares are more than double the old fares

However, given the way the MZN is falling against 'hard' currencies, maybe we all just have to wait little while until these new fares come back to what the previous fares were in USD terms
But, then again we know of currencies where Oneworld abandoned use of the local currency and started quoting fares in USD only.
EF is no longer showing fares in MZN ?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
1. There was a rule change back in April which now means you can purchase a ticket anywhere and what you pay is the country of origin price converted to the currency of country of sale, at the bank selling rate. So as an example, in July I purchased an ex-MPM DONE6 from AA and paid for it in AUD. So you can telephone the AA RTW desk and set up your ticket and pay for it USD
Panda - first thanks for prompt reply! So this a reversal of what happened via AA before? Where they'd nix anyone with non SA based CC for ex-JNB? I had to book my most recent (Jan 2016) via BA because of that issue.

In terms of Europe-ME, I'm going MPM-DOH-ORD same day at the start and planning to revisit for stopover at tail end. Thanks for the heads up on AAs softening on that rule as well.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by allset2travel
EF is no longer showing fares in MZN ?
MZN was never one of the currencies you could choose from EF's dropdown list on the Fare Information page.
The 'native' currency of fare is shown (bizarrely) by looking at the routing rules for the fare.
I have just checked the ex-MPM DONE4 routing rules for 4 airlines:
AA, BA and QF show their fares in MZN
QR is showing the fare in USD

I don't know if this is a recent change by QR. If it is then it could be that all the other airlines will change to USD as well. The MZN continues to lose value, so a change to USD would not be very surprising.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cphurley
Panda - first thanks for prompt reply! So this a reversal of what happened via AA before? Where they'd nix anyone with non SA based CC for ex-JNB? I had to book my most recent (Jan 2016) via BA because of that issue.
Yes. No doubt AA could no longer enforce its own rule on SA-based CCs when we can now buy these anywhere at all and pay the country of origin rate.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
MZN was never one of the currencies you could choose from EF's dropdow
The 'native' currency of fare is shown (bizarrely) by looking at the routing rules for the fare.............
Thx for the quick reply ^

EF newbie question: where did you see the routing rules? I am staring at the Fare Information page to no avail.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

EF newbie question: where did you see the routing rules? I am staring at the Fare Information page to no avail.
The routing rules link is found to the right of the fare rules link on the right side of the display.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal

see post 44 of this thread for some examples.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Another 10% drop in the currency exchange rate against the USD in the last 30 days. Presumably it's only a matter of time before this one is priced in dollars, no?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Another 10% drop in the currency exchange rate against the USD in the last 30 days. Presumably it's only a matter of time before this one is priced in dollars, no?
What price are you currently getting for 4 continent? I am trying thru QF but its still high?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Cashew1977
What price are you currently getting for 4 continent?
Current MZN fares from Amadeus:

Code:
FQDMPMMPM/15NOV/VRW/ABA
ROE 69.30700 UP TO 10.00 MZN
15NOV16**29NOV16/BA MPMMPM/NLX;RW/TPM ...../MPM .....
LN FARE BASIS    OW   MZN  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R
01 LONE4                  95810 L  -     -     -   @  @ -  12M@R
07 DONE4                 357060 D  -     -     -   @  @ -  12M@R
11 AONE4                 581900 A  -     -     -   @  @ -  12M@R
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Jerry & Skunker

Got it. Thank you both.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Yes. No doubt AA could no longer enforce its own rule on SA-based CCs when we can now buy these anywhere at all and pay the country of origin rate.
When did that rule change? I missed that one! No longer having to book through African travel agents would brilliant.

EDIT: I found the answer earlier - my apologies - rule change in April - no longer do you have to book through country of origin. Can't believe I missed that one!

Last edited by beardoc; Sep 14, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Old May 29, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Going to finish my second mpm done5 in a few days.

Both my mpm tickets earn over 200k rdm before threshold bonus.

Start from 60k as miles to over 600k Alaska miles after my second mpm! Really need to start burning them.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbd456
Going to finish my second mpm done5 in a few days.

Both my mpm tickets earn over 200k rdm before threshold bonus.

Start from 60k as miles to over 600k Alaska miles after my second mpm! Really need to start burning them.
LOL
my second ex-mPM DONEx finishes today!
(flying MAD-DSS)

The first, from Sept 2016 to Apr-2017, was a DONE5 and cost AUD5156 ai
and the second starting in Jun-2017, was a DONE6 and cost AUD6210 ai

When, and from where, are the next great deals going to come??

What were your routings pbd426?

Mine were:
MPM-xDOH-LHR-HEL-MAD-xDOH-ATL-LAX-SCL-IPC-SCL-AKL-PER-BNE-NOU-SYD-JNB
and
MPM-xDOH-BKK-CMB-HKG-PER-SYD-SCL-GYE-GPS-UIO-DFW-ATL-LHR-TLV-MAD-DSS
(PER, ATL and LHR are to visit family)
Old May 30, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Ticket 1. Jan 17 to July 17
Great Circle Mapper

I used 15 segments because there is no flight from LCA to LGW on my date as I want to visit MRU,
and I went to LCA to fly 4 segments on A3 to requalify A3 *G, and I did also the BRU TYO BRU J deal for 700 USD and FLR DUS deal via Palau.
(all done during my open jaw from LCA to AMS). First time playing around with codeshare to minimize surcharges, and maximize earning.

earn around 200000 miles by crediting to AA and AS depending on sectors. I think the total with re-issue fee is around 3800 USD.

Ticket 2. (I actually get better in earning miles) I paid <3000 USD when i first issued MPM DOH HKG JFK GRU JNB back in August 1, 2018 (the last day the fare was filed widely)
and paid maybe 700 USD (including re-issued fee to become the following).

Great Circle Mapper

I am sitting in HEL now. Because AY in D class earns -.4EQD and 100 COS on AA. I pick jfk sfo in AY codeshare, hel-doh in AY codeshare to maxinimize my AA earnings.
while SFO HEL. I had planned DOH LHR in BA for maximum AS earnings. I should have ended in CPT instead (better for positioning next intra Africa).
but BA cancelled DOH LHR so I am flying Qsuites instead.

I can see that you are going to nice places instead of maximize mileage like I did. I did take a sidetrip to Falkland Islands (1 hrs transit) and using other award tickets for central american (side trip from BOG).

I will have another 13 sectors on my DONE4 ex CAI to fly in July and August!

On my first trip to MPM, I actually withdrawal some Mozambique metical from ATM and planned to use those for visa for my second trip. But for my second trip, I slept in front of immigration counter and didnt enter the country (they took USD or EURO for visa on arrival fee anyways). I am left with some Mozambique metical and I believed I made a curreny gain since it has appreciated! I will try to convert it back to south african rand when I get to JNB.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.