Reload this Page >

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by medicus
Just got off the phone with the AA RTW desk (well at least that's the number I called...) to make a new booking, and the agent I tried to book with refused to make the booking, saying that they've been told to tell customers that they must now make new bookings with the airline of the 1st flight. In my case this would be CX. (I want to start ex HND.)

Has anyone else had this experience? Or did I just get an inexperienced agent...

I may try againg in a few hours and see if I get a different response...
Sadly, the AA RTW desk was recently merged with AA Meeting Services, so it's best to ask for a long-time RTW agent by name, as otherwise one might be speaking with a Meeting Services agent. Those agents have a dreadful reputation even just for the simple stuff such as assigning seats.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was “Meeting Services”?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Update

Just got off the phone with a very helpful agent. All booked.

I guess the moral of the story is if at first you don't succeed, try try again...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
What was “Meeting Services”?
They're the agents who handled certain contracted travel and certain group travel. People I know who had to deal with them (because of their corporate contract) report that they are pretty much the worst of the worst.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Even when it was just the RTW desk, they made up rules like this from time to time. I recall a rule for a while that the first overwater segment had to be on AA metal for them to book it.
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Issuing airline is UL, 603..... although the 1st 4 flights are on BA. I intend to fly the 1st 3 BA flights, then redo the whole ticket. I guess that I will have to deal with UL, but may pay a fee for the issuing TA to do all of the work.
Originally Posted by pbd456
There are data point that ba is very difficult to work with for ba issued ticket. I have ul and la tickets myself. Will see how it plays out.
Any recent experiences with making chnages after the 1st flown flight? A couple of routes with 1st class are no more in the middle of my itinerary. Wonder what the effect of the CX New Year's day fare mistake will have on inventory ex-USA.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Are there any data points on changing or reissuing ex-SEZ fares (after first flght)?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Any recent experiences with making chnages after the 1st flown flight? A couple of routes with 1st class are no more in the middle of my itinerary. Wonder what the effect of the CX New Year's day fare mistake will have on inventory ex-USA.
i wont start my tickets until later this year.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need to wonder. Premium cabin award tickets both ex-HKG and ex-U.S. will be harder to come by for the next year, or so.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:45 pm

Wonder what the effect of the CX New Year's day fare mistake will have on inventory ex-USA.
From what I can see, F and J inventory is dramatically reduced. I have a CX flight booked in J. From the time it was booked many months ago until the mistake fare, the flight was F6. When the mistake fare his the blogs, it went to F0, and EF shows five of the six seats allocated.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
No need to wonder. Premium cabin award tickets both ex-HKG and ex-U.S. will be harder to come by for the next year, or so.
Should have indicated after mid-Dec 2019 to Jan 2020. Only 355 days in advance, so Jan should be OK. I did check EF and noticed that A inventory is reduced ex-JFK but not F. ex-LAX/ORD seems the normal A2 or A3 except for a few random days. May have to use JL trans-pac if I can't get what I want.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:11 pm

Where is the best origin city for xonex to book in 2019?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Originally Posted by Anaholic
o s l?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anaholic
That question is impossible to answer as asked.

1. Define "best."
2. Are you in a frequent flyer program? Which carrier?
3. Which cabin?
4. How many continents?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:47 pm

I assume the question is more "what is the cheapest city to originate a DONEX", hoping that the answer is the same for 3/4/5/6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.