Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by anabolism
Fare seems to be gone. Surprised it lasted this long after it was posted.
Hate to say I told you so, but.... Grrrrr.....

So now the question is whether they will honor tickets already issued.

Great. Just freakin' great.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
So you are trying to get BA to remove this fare ASAP, I assume. Thanks.
I believe the quirks are not destination-specific, rather they are because of Sabre's autopricing i suppose.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Fare seems to be gone. Surprised it lasted this long after it was posted.
What makes you say this?
I can still see the fares this morning in ExpertFlyer
(you have to specify BA as the only carrier to see the fares)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
So you are trying to get BA to remove this fare ASAP, I assume. Thanks.
A bit caustic anabolism (or should I say vitriolic?)

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
I believe the quirks are not destination-specific, rather they are because of Sabre's autopricing i suppose.
Precisely
When I contacted Oneworld about the SABRE "quirks", I made no mention of ex-SEZ fares
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pandaperth
When I contacted Oneworld about the SABRE "quirks", I made no mention of ex-SEZ fares
Good move. IMO, with things like this, it's probably better not to do or say anything which is likely to result in OneWorld staff looking in this direction. I am aware of the routing quirks, and just worked my itinerary around them, changing my desired itinerary where necessary to accommodate the quirks. It's these same quirks, after all, which result in the online booking tool being useless.

May I suggest that, for those of us who use these fares, we cease completely posting about them here? That will prevent a number of groups of people from picking up on them, -- 1) OneWorld and individual carrier staff, 2) bloggers, and 3) FTers who don't understand that chatter about these fares inevitably results in their elimination.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Sep 15, 2018 at 7:15 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
What makes you say this?
I can still see the fares this morning in ExpertFlyer
(you have to specify BA as the only carrier to see the fares)
I am aware that one must specify BA as the carrier. When I looked yesterday evening and early this morning EF returned no results. I just checked again and now I do see results, so perhaps an EF quirk?

A bit caustic anabolism (or should I say vitriolic?)
I am sorry if it came across as vitriolic. There is always a tension between discussing such things and not, because once they attract notice they are gone.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
IMO, with things like this, it's probably better not to do or say anything which is likely to result in OneWorld staff looking in this direction. I am aware of the routing quirks, and just worked my itinerary around them, changing my desired itinerary where necessary to accommodate the quirks. It's these same quirks, after all, which result in the online booking tool being useless.

May I suggest that, for those of us who use these fares, we cease completely posting about them here? That will prevent a number of groups of people from picking up on them, -- 1) OneWorld and individual carrier staff, 2) bloggers, and 3) FTers who don't understand that chatter about these fares inevitably results in their elimination.

As one who has been using One World Explorer fares since about 2008, I'll be happy to take the lead in setting up a private group for sharing information. We can use FB Messenger, Skype, Line, etc. And let's start right now. To respond to my suggestion, please PM me with your email address and I'll reply with mine. Seems like a good place to start. Remember, there are thousands of dollars per ticket on the line here.
Excellent ideas all.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Error post, please delete.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Sep 15, 2018 at 10:57 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:58 pm

Incorrect posting

Last edited by teddyflyer; Sep 11, 2018 at 6:59 pm Reason: Error
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hilton Hhonours Gold (also Marriot and SPG Gold)
Ex-SEZ Routing

]Another person wanted to start his itinerary with SEZ-xDOH-SYD…, which was also flagged as invalid
Does anyone know what the rule (or logic) preventing the above start to an ex-SEZ Itinerary is ? Would it also prevent SEZ-xDOH-AKL ? If not, I could go out via the US instead, but a flight from DOH would be preferable (and quicker).
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:23 am
R2

The oneworld Global Explorer fare has a mileage limit - DGLOB34 is the fare for a business class ticket max 34k miles. If I use the Great Circle Mapper to plan my trip, should I use nautical miles or statute miles? Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:57 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by R2
The oneworld Global Explorer fare has a mileage limit - DGLOB34 is the fare for a business class ticket max 34k miles. If I use the Great Circle Mapper to plan my trip, should I use nautical miles or statute miles? Thank you.
Statute, read the rules carefully and be conservative.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: QF WP
I have booked a DONE 4 ex HND with AA through their RTW desk....As part of my itinerary I have YVR-DFW-MIA-LIR. ( for July 2019 )...now it appears that there is no D availability on my preferred days ex YVR whilst if I ignore starting in YVR and have DFW-MIA-LIR there is plenty of daily D availability....It seems as if AA dont want to sell D ex YVR or Canada for that matter unless the connection is longer than 24 hours...I now have to spend 2 nights in MIA rather than just overnight.....This is the first time I have come up against this issue in almost a decade of flying this route ....my current DONE5 allowed this without an issue...AA RTW says its all got to do with "markets" !!!...Can anyone share any light into this situation and whether AA are reluctant to sell D inventory ?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pyffii
I have booked a DONE 4 ex HND with AA through their RTW desk....As part of my itinerary I have YVR-DFW-MIA-LIR. ( for July 2019 )...now it appears that there is no D availability on my preferred days ex YVR whilst if I ignore starting in YVR and have DFW-MIA-LIR there is plenty of daily D availability....It seems as if AA dont want to sell D ex YVR or Canada for that matter unless the connection is longer than 24 hours...I now have to spend 2 nights in MIA rather than just overnight.....This is the first time I have come up against this issue in almost a decade of flying this route ....my current DONE5 allowed this without an issue...AA RTW says its all got to do with "markets" !!!...Can anyone share any light into this situation and whether AA are reluctant to sell D inventory ?
You didn't mention which flight you're on, but try booking the same flight using the BA or QF codeshare. AA does seem to be playing games with D availability; but the codeshares have worked for me.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: QF WP
thanks for the heads Dr. HFH up but no code shares available on any flights July 21st from YVR-LIR connecting through DFW and MIA....Expert flyer shows 0 for almost every fare bucket except J !!!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pyffii
thanks for the heads Dr. HFH up but no code shares available on any flights July 21st from YVR-LIR connecting through DFW and MIA....Expert flyer shows 0 for almost every fare bucket except J !!!
Presumably you mean the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport, LIT. There are NO OW flights YVR-LIT connecting through DFW and MIA. There is also no codeshare availability YVR-DFW-LIT on that day.

However, there is D availability on codeshares YVR-DFW and, separately, on DFW-LIT on July 21. So what you really have is a married segment problem. You're going to need to talk to a human at AA.

Now, if you actually meant LIR, then you have a different problem. Sort of. There's codeshare space available YVR-DFW and DFW-MIA. Your real problem is the MIA-LIR segment. AA runs two flights daily except Tuesday, when the afternoon flight doesn't run. There's plenty of D space open, but no codeshares. Again, I think that your best bet is to call AA and speak to a human. You're looking for a three flight routing which has codeshare space on ⅔ of the itinerary and plenty of D space overall. Perhaps you can get someone at AA to free up the space you need....
Calchas likes this.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Oct 7, 2018 at 5:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.