Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
RTW Fares ex-SEZ are bookable (on SABRE)

There has been some discussion, in this thread Can I Include the Seychelles on a RTW, that old BA RTW fares are still published in the GDSs but are not actually bookable.

Well – they are bookable!!
The trick is to use an agent that has access to the SABRE GDS - because using that system the ticket can be automatically validated, priced and ticketed.

I am personally aware of four people who have recently booked such tickets (one of them booked four AONE4 tickets – for four people that is, not one person making four trips)

I went as far as getting an AONE5 validated and priced by an agent in Australia – but for personal reasons did not proceed with it ☹

The current base fare prices in ExpertFlyer are:
Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing SEZ on 24/10/18 for SEZ
Flying BA  
Viewing in currency USD
Validated Results

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
LGLOB29     BA       L        Round-Trip  1445.00 (USD)  E                             -- / 12M 
LONE4       BA       L        Round-Trip  1445.00 (USD)  E                             -- / 12M 
LGLOB34     BA       L        Round-Trip  1598.00 (USD)  E                             -- / 12M 
LONE5       BA       L        Round-Trip  1598.00 (USD)  E                             -- / 12M 
LGLOB39     BA       L        Round-Trip  1826.00 (USD)  E                             -- / 12M 
LONE6       BA       L        Round-Trip  1826.00 (USD)  E                             -- / 12M 
DGLOB34     BA       D        Round-Trip  2815.00 (USD)  B                             -- / 12M 
DONE4       BA       D        Round-Trip  2815.00 (USD)  B                             -- / 12M 
DONE5       BA       D        Round-Trip  3195.00 (USD)  B                             -- / 12M 
AGLOB34     BA       A        Round-Trip  3423.00 (USD)  F                             -- / 12M 
AONE4       BA       A        Round-Trip  3423.00 (USD)  F                             -- / 12M 
DONE6       BA       D        Round-Trip  3652.00 (USD)  B                             -- / 12M 
AONE5       BA       A        Round-Trip  3880.00 (USD)  F                             -- / 12M 
AONE6       BA       A        Round-Trip  4412.00 (USD)  F                             -- / 12M
I’m showing these in USD, but the base fares are actually stated in SCR (Seychellois Rupees). EF is using an exchange rate of 1USD=13.15SCR
EXCELLENT prices - hope you all agree!

Some caveats:
  • must use an agent that can access SABRE
  • the fares rules, as implemented in the GDS, have some quirks which results in some valid itineraries being flagged as invalid, for example:
    • My itinerary had four flight segments in Asia, which was flagged as invalid
    • Another person wanted to start his itinerary with SEZ-xDOH-SYD…, which was also flagged as invalid
  • After the event, my agent in Australia emailed that once ticketed, itineraries cannot be changed ( - I have not yet followed up on this, but I think it is that the ticket cannot be automatically changed in SABRE (the fare rule states "not validated for autopricing"))

Let the feeding frenzy begin!!

FYI
  • PM me if you want the contact details of the Australian agent I used
  • PM @Leo123 if you want the contact details of an agent based in Finland (i.e. in the Euro-Zone) – I have leo123’s permission to tell you all this

With regard to the “quirks” in the GDS fare rules, I have been in correspondence with Oneworld, and will start a new thread on that, where hopefully those FTers with requisite knowledge can educate the rest of us��

Last edited by pandaperth; Sep 3, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
To add to pandaperth's quirks, mine was only able to be auto-priced if a BA code was used on the TATL leg. So, I did SEZ-LHR-SAN... which is a 23-hour connection allowing a return to Europe at the end before finishing in Africa.

Last edited by skunker; Sep 3, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
... which is a 23-hour connection allowing a return to Europe at the end before finishing in Africa.
The requirement that one of the visits be a transit, not a stopover, was removed (last year I think)

Congrats on getting it ticketed
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
The requirement that one of the visits be a transit, not a stopover, was removed (last year I think)

Congrats on getting it ticketed
Yes, you are correct.

Another thing to point out for those trying is that this rule could apply, so choose your end point correctly.
E. ONLY ONE INTERCONTINENTAL DEPARTURE AND ONE
INTERCONTINENTAL ARRIVAL PERMITTED IN EACH
CONTINENT EXCEPT AS FOLLOWS -
1. TWO PERMITTED IN NORTH AMERICA.
2. TWO PERMITTED IN ASIA.
3. TWO PERMITTED IN EUROPE/MIDDLE EAST FOR
TRAVEL TO/FROM/VIA AFRICA. IF TRAVEL IS TO/FROM
EUROPE IN BOTH DIRECTIONS ITINERARY MAY NOT
INCLUDE MAURITIUS/SOUTH AFRICA
I ended with ...PER-LHR-DOH-WDH. ...PER-DOH-CPT would be allowed though or even PER-LHR-SEZ.

Last edited by skunker; Sep 3, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
There has been some discussion, in this thread Can I Include the Seychelles on a RTW, that old BA RTW fares are still published in the GDSs but are not actually bookable.

Well – they are bookable!!
The trick is to use an agent that has access to the SABRE GDS - because using that system the ticket can be automatically validated, priced and ticketed.

I am personally aware of four people who have recently booked such tickets (one of them booked four AONE4 tickets – for four people that is, not one person making four trips)

I went as far as getting an AONE5 validated and priced by an agent in Australia – but for personal reasons did not proceed with it ☹

The current base fare prices in ExpertFlyer are:
Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing SEZ on 24/10/18 for SEZ
Flying BA
Viewing in currency USD
Validated Results

Fare Basis Airline Booking Trip Type Fare Cabin Effective Expiration Min/Max Advanced
Class Date Date Stay Purchase Req
LGLOB29 BA L Round-Trip 1445.00 (USD) E -- / 12M
LONE4 BA L Round-Trip 1445.00 (USD) E -- / 12M
LGLOB34 BA L Round-Trip 1598.00 (USD) E -- / 12M
LONE5 BA L Round-Trip 1598.00 (USD) E -- / 12M
LGLOB39 BA L Round-Trip 1826.00 (USD) E -- / 12M
LONE6 BA L Round-Trip 1826.00 (USD) E -- / 12M
DGLOB34 BA D Round-Trip 2815.00 (USD) B -- / 12M
DONE4 BA D Round-Trip 2815.00 (USD) B -- / 12M
DONE5 BA D Round-Trip 3195.00 (USD) B -- / 12M
AGLOB34 BA A Round-Trip 3423.00 (USD) F -- / 12M
AONE4 BA A Round-Trip 3423.00 (USD) F -- / 12M
DONE6 BA D Round-Trip 3652.00 (USD) B -- / 12M
AONE5 BA A Round-Trip 3880.00 (USD) F -- / 12M
AONE6 BA A Round-Trip 4412.00 (USD) F -- / 12M

I’m showing these in USD, but the base fares are actually stated in SCR (Seychellois Rupees). EF is using an exchange rate of 1USD=13.15SCR
EXCELLENT prices - hope you all agree!

Some caveats:
  • must use an agent that can access SABRE
  • the fares rules, as implemented in the GDS, have some quirks which results in some valid itineraries being flagged as invalid, for example:
    • My itinerary had four flight segments in Asia, which was flagged as invalid
    • Another person wanted to start his itinerary with SEZ-xDOH-SYD…, which was also flagged as invalid
  • After the event, my agent in Australia emailed that once ticketed, itineraries cannot be changed ( - I have not yet followed up on this, but I think it is that the ticket cannot be automatically changed in SABRE (the fare rule states "not validated for autopricing"))

Let the feeding frenzy begin!!

FYI
  • PM me if you want the contact details of the Australian agent I used
  • PM @Leo123 if you want the contact details of an agent based in Finland (i.e. in the Euro-Zone) – I have leo123’s permission to tell you all this

With regard to the “quirks” in the GDS fare rules, I have been in correspondence with Oneworld, and will start a new thread on that, where hopefully those FTers with requisite knowledge can educate the rest of us��
Forgive me if it is a stupid question, but does that mean I can book it with AA who uses Sabre?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Forgive me if it is a stupid question, but does that mean I can book it with AA who uses Sabre?
No. I tried calling AA RTW desk a couple months ago. They have no problem setting up an itinerary, but when they send it to the rate desk to price they won't be able to as only BA has the fare filed. Yes, in theory they should be able to book it, but they said they wouldn't and I didn't want to push it for obvious reasons.

Find a TA and if you need one, let me know.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
No. I tried calling AA RTW desk a couple months ago. They have no problem setting up an itinerary, but when they send it to the rate desk to price they won't be able to as only BA has the fare filed. Yes, in theory they should be able to book it, but they said they wouldn't and I didn't want to push it for obvious reasons.

Find a TA and if you need one, let me know.
Sure thank you!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
deleted

Last edited by pbd456; Sep 10, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
As always pandaperth thanks for all your gems!! Just quickly for clarification. When you say "itineraries cannot be changed" - do you specifically mean no "routing changes" or no "date and time changes"? No routing changes I can live with, no date and time changes could be much more of a challenge.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
As always pandaperth thanks for all your gems!! Just quickly for clarification. When you say "itineraries cannot be changed" - do you specifically mean no "routing changes" or no "date and time changes"? No routing changes I can live with, no date and time changes could be much more of a challenge.
Well, I don't mean anything specific. I mentioned it in the interests of "full disclosure" for fellow FTers.

FYI, as further background:
  1. The Australian TA stated in an email to me
    Just letting you know I have ticketed two of these now, however, judging by how the ticketed bookings behave in the system, they look to be effectively non-changeable, as nothing will price for changes. As you know, they don't behave as they should according to the fare rules for auto-pricing them in Sabre prior to ticketing either.
  2. I checked in EF for the wording in the GDS 'version' of the fare rules:
    PENALTIES CHANGES

NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
    and
    VOLUNTARY CHANGES
    NO VOLUNTARY CHANGES DATA FOUND.
  3. I emailed the TA suggesting it might merely be that changes cannot be automatically made in the GDS and that in turn means they must be done the 'old-fashioned' way (manually)
    I have yet to hear back from him
  4. I mentioned this in my first post on the ex-SEZ fare in the interest of "full disclosure"
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:37 am

Thank you.
Very ambiguous rules indeed, hmmmm could be a ticket killer if no date changes are allowed.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I have flown the first two legs of mine and have made a change by cancelling the remaining segments. I'll make changes to locations and dates soon and my TA has said it would need to be sent to BA for validation.
wijibintheair and Cynicor like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:01 pm

I have flown the first two legs of mine and have made a change by cancelling the remaining segments. I'll make changes to locations and dates soon and my TA has said it would need to be sent to BA for validation.
Will be great to hear how the changes go!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
So you are trying to get BA to remove this fare ASAP, I assume. Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Fare gone.

Fare seems to be gone. Surprised it lasted this long after it was posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.