Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Adelaide_Matthew
That's very interesting. Could someone please post the costs from China (PEK) as well?
From KVS
Code:
LCIR22  CNY23,390
LCIR26  CNY28,050
DCIR22  CNY38,730
DCIR26  CNY46,440
ACIR22  CNY55,560
ACIR26  CNY66,610
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat
I've just checked my proposed routing and it was WLG_SYD_LAX-ORD-JFK-HKG-MEL-WLG and it was under 26,000 and the agents clearly stated that the problem was the backtracking from going west to east to west again ....

But I"m going to give it another go as i've a similar trip coming up!

Maybe your routing exceeded 26k miles and that is why the agents considered it invalid.[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by Limewood
Circle Pacific expensive from OZ, how could I book it in HK from Aust.?.

I have a good Aussie mate lives in HK could book for me if need be, would that work?, but then how do i get my QFF points?, or is it just that they in HK want to make sure of payment?.
You will certainly get the points by adding your QFF no to the booking. I can recommend a decent travel agent if you pm me.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Boar, my understanding is to get the CP in J at near half price have to do out of HK, so do you have agent there?.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas platinum Etihad Gold Elite HH Gold Hyatt Diamond Virgin Gold
Have completed three of these ex Australia. The fares on the Oneworld web site vanished and i assumed it was for some upcoming price increase along the lines of the 2008 horror.

Pleased to see they are the same. Complex beasts to organise, book and actually travel on. Have come to expect at least a few problems when Cathay and American Airlines are involved.

Have Qantas on speed dial as the other partners won't lift a finger to sort out problems they create. A few weeks back when my circle pacific delinked it was Delta Airlines that came to my rescue and patched it all back together. American Airlines were understanding but wouldn't do anything as Qantas was not part of their 'strategic Alliance' with BA and Iberia. Makes me wonder what the point to Oneworld is.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:15 pm

As the Circle Pacific fare from HKG from say Sydney is half the price and I realise I'd miss out on SYD/HKG leg so would buy a Y ticket to fly out to HKG, how could I book it in Hong Kong as I'm located in Australia?.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:58 pm

Anyone know where I can buy a Circle Pacific fare (I live in OZ) from Hong Kong?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Limewood
Anyone know where I can buy a Circle Pacific fare (I live in OZ) from Hong Kong?
See boar's post earlier in the thread
He invited you to send him a private message to get details of a HK based agent he knows
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas platinum Etihad Gold Elite HH Gold Hyatt Diamond Virgin Gold
I'm sorry........its cheaper from New Zealand plus its in NZ dollars???

So the 26,000 k F is A$14499 in Aus and A$10800 in NZ?

So all I need to do is buy a flight from Australia to Auckland and I save almost $4000 per person?

There has to be a catch surely (apart from buying through an NZ agent)
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Republicau
I'm sorry........its cheaper from New Zealand plus its in NZ dollars???

So the 26,000 k F is A$14499 in Aus and A$10800 in NZ?

So all I need to do is buy a flight from Australia to Auckland and I save almost $4000 per person?

There has to be a catch surely (apart from buying through an NZ agent)
There's no catch

The fare is published in NZD - NZD14099 for an ACIR26 - plus the taxes and fuel surcharges.
If you pay with an Australian credit card, what it costs you in AUD will depend on the AUD/NZD exchange rate on the day your c/c company does the conversion
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:35 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by pandaperth
There's no catch

The fare is published in NZD - NZD14099 for an ACIR26 - plus the taxes and fuel surcharges.
If you pay with an Australian credit card, what it costs you in AUD will depend on the AUD/NZD exchange rate on the day your c/c company does the conversion
That plus a nice 3% fee for the cc company after they do the conversion at the prevailing rate.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by og
That plus a nice 3% fee for the cc company after they do the conversion at the prevailing rate.
Not all credit cards charge a conversion/transaction fee.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by tauphi
Granted, but if the 3% triggers travel insurance and gives one point per dollar (or better), then it isn't so bad.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by tauphi
Originally Posted by og
Granted, but if the 3% triggers travel insurance and gives one point per dollar (or better), then it isn't so bad.
For a card that doesn't charge any conversion fee and, in my experience, uses a very good exchange rate, try the 28 Degrees MasterCard (formerly Wizard Clear Advantage).
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Platinum Medallion, QF - LTS, Hilton - Diamond, Bonvoy - Gold, IHG - Gold
So I've gotten to the stage now where I've decided my itinerary for next year's holiday, and thought before I get too excited, I should get a travel agent (other than the one I work for.. my consultants are way too busy...) to validate my planned ACIR26 itinerary ex AKL. I contacted Amex Platinum Travel

The routing I'm planning is

9/4 AKL-SYD
20/6 SYD-LAX-LAS
27/6 LAS-JFK
08/07 JFK-HKG
16/07 HKG-SYD
15/09 SYD-AKL

Apparently this is not allowed, as I'd be "stopping" in Sydney twice in the itinerary, and you're only allowed to stop in any city once. Advice I was given was to fly to a different Australian port, but there are no others with an F service from HKG.

I have gone back them and said what if I 'transit' through Sydney on the way back, ie fly HKG-SYD on QF in F, then be ticketed to connect to AKL (maybe on a flight much later that day). Would that be allowed? I could then just check-in for the HKG-SYD, and "miss" the connection.

Does this work? Is it possible?? Advice greatly appreciated.

PS - forgot to mention, when I plug in a RTW in the Oneworld planner, it has no issue with me "stopping" in Sydney twice. I thought the principle for RTW and CIR would have been fairly similar.

Cheers
Ozvirginuk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.