FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Best Lounge in NRT (Tokyo)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1752496-best-lounge-nrt-tokyo.html)

jcooldude Mar 12, 2016 2:15 am

Best Lounge in NRT (Tokyo)?

Hi All,

Flying JAL First Class from NRT - SYD soon, and I have a pick of lounges - however I'm not sure which one to go to.

There's obviously 5 lounges to pick from, and I hoped people had an idea what is considered the best of the lot right now, thanks!

Himeno Mar 12, 2016 3:15 am

In general, when at a hub airport, use that airlines lounge - it is generally the best one.

ie, go to the JAL F lounge.

dvs7310 Mar 12, 2016 5:24 am

If you're only allowing time for one then agree, JAL F lounge is pretty decent. Not sure who else has an F lounge here, I've only done OneWorld F from HND, so JL was the only real choice there at the time.

TheBOSman Mar 12, 2016 7:37 am

Best Lounge in NRT (Tokyo)?

JL F and don't bother with any of the others. It also is the only F lounge I'm aware of in Terminal 2.

jcooldude Mar 13, 2016 6:53 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 26322091)
JL F and don't bother with any of the others. It also is the only F lounge I'm aware of in Terminal 2.

I thought Cathay also had one, maybe I'm mistaken?

TheBOSman Mar 13, 2016 9:16 am

Originally Posted by jcooldude (Post 26325834)
I thought Cathay also had one, maybe I'm mistaken?

Cathay brands it as a "First and Business Lounge". But it is effectively a business class lounge. I'm guessing the branding indicates that it is their lounge for first class and business class passengers, but not necessarily any reflection on the lounge itself. The JL F lounge is definitely better than it.

jcooldude Mar 14, 2016 12:01 am

Done & Done, cheers guys!

TheBOSman Mar 14, 2016 7:16 am

Originally Posted by jcooldude (Post 26329066)
Done & Done, cheers guys!

In the "damning with faint praise" category, the NRT Admirals Club is probably the nicest Admirals Club in the AA system. Of course, it still isn't anywhere near as good as the JL F lounge :D. I had a 3-4 hour NRT layover once as a OWE way back in 2012 when I was, so I went to the AA AC, the CX lounge, and the JL F lounge. When I went back through a couple of years ago, I beelined straight for the JL F lounge. That's all you need to know :). Enjoy your trip!

og Mar 14, 2016 5:25 pm

If freshly made sushi is important (it is..), then the guys making it in the JL F lounge don't release it until late afternoon. You can look at it being made as much as you like, but they won't put it out for consumption until the designated time.

lcpteck Apr 14, 2016 8:43 am

Lounge recommendations

I'm Oneworld Sapphire and will be flying Economy/Premium Economy soon, any recommendations for lounges at each airport?

TPE-NRT-JFK-DCA-BOS-NRT-TPE

I'm looking at the following:

TPE T2 - CX Lounge
NRT T2 - JL Sakura Lounge
JFK T8 - AA Admirals Club
DCA B - AA Admirals Club
BOS E - BA Terraces Lounge

PHLisa Apr 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 26332811)
If freshly made sushi is important (it is..), then the guys making it in the JL F lounge don't release it until late afternoon. You can look at it being made as much as you like, but they won't put it out for consumption until the designated time.

Unless this is a really recent change, that's not true. I had freshly made sushi for breakfast in November. They were making it and putting it out immediately and could barely keep up with demand.

Himeno Apr 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26484394)
I'm Oneworld Sapphire and will be flying Economy/Premium Economy soon, any recommendations for lounges at each airport?

TPE-NRT-JFK-DCA-BOS-NRT-TPE

I'm looking at the following:

TPE T2 - CX Lounge
NRT T2 - JL Sakura Lounge
JFK T8 - AA Admirals Club
DCA B - AA Admirals Club
BOS E - BA Terraces Lounge

Given the airports and your status, I think those are your only options, except at NRT where the JL lounge is the better option anyway.

lcpteck Apr 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Himeno (Post 26487215)
Given the airports and your status, I think those are your only options, except at NRT where the JL lounge is the better option anyway.

:)^

dragonman Apr 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Not my experience

I was in the lounge 2 days ago. The guys making the sushi were handing it out on individual plates at 9:30 am. Top class tuna, it was excellent.

Originally Posted by og (Post 26332811)

rbw5t Aug 11, 2017 10:17 am

I have no status, but am flying J on JAL from NRT-BOS next year. What's my best lounge option at NRT? I assume I can't get into the F lounge that people have been talking about here. Is there a J lounge?