Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Is it correct to call BA's CCR and QR's lounges at LHR and DOH "oneworld lounges"? I believe they have different entry requirements (have to be flying in premium cabin on those carriers, status not relevant) which may exclude them from this discussion.
Definitely a fair point
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Admirals clubs in the US... Ha who am I kidding, they're terrible. The one in Paris on the other hand is pretty decent.

Last edited by hiima; Apr 14, 2015 at 11:54 am
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
Admirals clubs in the US... Ha who am I kidding, they're terrible. The one in Paris on the other hand is pretty decent.
The Flagship Lounge at LAX is nice enough. I like it better than the JL Narita F lounge but I'm sure that's a minority opinion on here.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
The Flagship Lounge at LAX is nice enough. I like it better than the JL Narita F lounge but I'm sure that's a minority opinion on here.
Not necessarily. I've heard from my brother that one of his collegues has a cousin who thinks the same.

Back OT, my shortlist are the following:

1. QF F at SYD
2. CX F Wing at HKG
3. JL F at NRT
4. QF F at LAX
5. BA F at LHR T5
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I haven't been to the FL in LAX, but I have been to AC. I love their watermelon water, I can drink that all day.They at least have showers and if you go at night before their last flight, it's really empty, which is nice.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
If BA's GF at T5 is among the best OW lounges, there must be lots of really bad lounges throughout the alliance. It's overcrowded and the food is medicore at best. It has good views though.
I am a fan of CX's HKG lounges. Not a fan of the Al Mourjan in DOH because of lack of comfortable seating and crap showers.
The QF lounge in SIN is one of the better OW lounges I have visited. Decent food and relatively roomy.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I think the JFK Flagship Lounge is MUCH better than the BA First lounge one terminal away. And it has a great view.

At JFK the BA Club lounge, on the other hand, is quite nice--loads better than the Admiral's Club and even better than the BA first lounge (which, as Nicc HK noted, is dark and dreary). The pre-flight dining restaurant has good food (though restricted to BA club and first passengers) along with a limited Cathay noodle bar.

Haven't been to many (outside Europe and the US) but I do like the LAX QF lounge and, believe it or not, the Iberia lounge in 4S.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I'm not that fussy when it comes to food in lounges - I'm pretty easily satisfied as long as there is at least something there. My rating of a lounge depends much more on the beverage options and amenities (wifi, showers, views, seating/ability to find seating etc.).

I haven't been to that many oneworld lounges, but my favourite oneworld operated/owned lounges in order would have to be:

1) SYD QF F (by a long, long, long way!)
Fabulous views of the airport and the Sydney skyline in the distance as well as some fantastic food. Good selection of drinks as well - De Bortoli Noble One dessert wine was a highlight when I was there (although I also had a killer espresso martini as well!). Decor/furniture is modern, chic and creates a lovely atmosphere.

2) LHR CX F
Great views of the runway, comfortable lounges to sit back on whilst enjoying aforementioned view, delicious noodles, great shower suites and Veuve Cliquot (a champagne I personally enjoy).

3) LHR BA F (T3)
Comfortable (and uncrowded) seating as well as great views from the First dining room. Taittinger Prelude is an easily drinkable champagne. Very relaxing lounge.

4) MEL QF J (Domestic J/OWE)
Good selection of food, great drinks selection (including my favourite beer VB and my favourite spirit Bundy), nice views of the tarmac. Can get a little crowded sometimes.

5) JFK AA F
Great shower suites, perfectly adequate food, very good drinks selection (Disaronno and Bloody Mary mix are the standouts), great views of the apron and Manhattan skyline. Fantastic friendly staff. Bottled water is an ingenious touch (and hugely appreciated when hungover! )

6) LHR BA F (T5)
If only visits before midday were considered I'd rate this lounge higher due to its amazing (in my opinion) breakfast. Decent drinks selection (^ for bitter lemon as a mixer) and the 'outside' terrace is a nice place to be. Showers are absolutely horrid and seating can be difficult to find during the day.

7) MIA BA/AA Premium (Concourse E)
Good drinks selection (a nice range of beers including some interesting craft ones), substantial food is lacking a bit, but is redeemed by a nice selection of snacks/light bites. Thoroughly enjoyed the big bowls of fresh berries. Very good shower suites (recurring theme in American lounges). Decor a bit outdated.

8) LAX AA F
For some reason I wasn't a huge fan of the layout. Food options didn't seem as good as the Flagship lounge in JFK. I didn't have much time on my transits in LAX so didn't spend that much time in the lounge.

Notable mention to the Almost@home lounge at HEL - a third party lounge that BA uses for CE passengers. Its decor is absolutely gorgeous and is incredibly Nordic in design. A nice selection of food and drink and very friendly staff.

I'm going to Hong Kong in August so I'm looking forwards to trying out the QF lounge, CX Wing F and CX Pier F at HKG (as well as the Al Mourjan lounge in DOH as I'm flying QR/CX thanks to a Ł1300 exARN J fare)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Anyone care to compare the Qantas J lounge and the Cathay Wing J lounge in Hong Kong?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by creampuff
Anyone care to compare the Qantas J lounge and the Cathay Wing J lounge in Hong Kong?
I personally prefer the food selection at the Qantas lounge. Fresher, more substantial healthy options. The CX lounge food is more snacky. However the food at The Bridge is better than the food at The Wing.

In terms of ambiance, I prefer the QF lounge to The Wing, but The Bridge is better than both.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
Finnair Premium Lounge - Helsinki.
Qantas Lounge - Singapore.
Admirals Club - Paris.
Cathay Pacific The Wing - Hong Kong.

The biggest problem of the Premium Lounge is that it's open to Sapphire members also. So, sometimes, a bit crowded. Should be an F lounge, IMO.
Agree with Finnair in HEL and Cathay Pacific The Wing in HKG! My gosh those two lounges were absolutely stunning!
Old May 4, 2015, 3:47 am

My favourite is currently the QF J lounge in HKG. I can't find a single thing wrong with it. Showers, sport on TV, excellent food, good coffee, comfortable chairs, good view, good wifi, lots of charging points, clean, close to security/immigration and excellent staff.

Others of note:
The Wing F in HKG, The Cabin in HKG, QF in SIN, QF F in SYD, CX in HND, JL in HND, Al Mourjan in DOH and The CCR in LHR.

Special mention goes to the old Premium Terminal at DOH. I loved that place.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:14 pm

My List of OW lounges ranking are a bit biased to QF, but heres me definitive ranking
My ranking criteria is pretty simple and mostly limited to the in-lounge F&B

1. QF FCL SYD
2. QF FCL MEL
3. QF JCL CBR
4. MH FCL KUL
5. BA JCL SIN
6. QF JCL SIN
7. QF JCL SYD intl
8. QF JCL SYD dom
9. MH JCL KUL regional
10. QF QP PER dom
11. QF FCL AKL
12. QF JCL MEL dom
13. QF JCL BNE dom
14. MH JCL KUL dom
15. UL JCL CMB Serendib
16. MH JCL KCH
17. BA JCL BKK
18. CX JCL BKK
19. CX JCL SIN Skyview
20. MH JCL SIN
Old May 18, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by lowjhg
My List of OW lounges ranking are a bit biased to QF, but heres me definitive ranking

1. QF FCL SYD
2. QF FCL MEL
3. QF JCL CBR
4. MH FCL KUL
5. BA JCL SIN
6. QF JCL SIN
7. QF JCL SYD intl
8. QF JCL SYD dom
9. MH JCL KUL regional
10. QF QP PER dom
11. QF FCL AKL
12. QF JCL MEL dom
13. QF JCL BNE dom
14. MH JCL KUL dom
15. UL JCL CMB Serendib
16. MH JCL KCH
17. BA JCL BKK
18. CX JCL BKK
19. CX JCL SIN Skyview
20. MH JCL SIN
What? Not a single one in HKG?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by lowjhg

1. QF FCL SYD
2. QF FCL MEL
3.QF JCL CBR
4. MH FCL KUL
5. BA JCL SIN
6. QF JCL SIN
7. QF JCL SYD intl
8. QF JCL SYD dom
9. MH JCL KUL regional
10. QF QP PER dom
11. QF FCL AKL
12. QF JCL MEL dom
13. QF JCL BNE dom
14. MH JCL KUL dom
15. UL JCL CMB Serendib
16. MH JCL KCH
17. BA JCL BKK
18. CX JCL BKK
19. CX JCL SIN Skyview
20. MH JCL SIN
Good that you mention your own vision of bias here. We would never have guessed that ourselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.