A class on QR a380 on LHR route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium

Hi guys,

has anyone had any success in booking A class on QR's A380 on the LHR routes.. seems like they don't release any A class seats.. been checking for my flights in May, and it seems they only allow waitlist, but A class never shows up on expertflyer... Anyone had any luck booking themselves on the LHR A380 flights with a AONE?

tfung
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
No, unfortunately not. Same with the CDG route. They apparently can get away with that (as well as not making award space available at all), seeing the cabin has only eight seats.

Last edited by bhomburg; Mar 23, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
This is consistent with QF when they first introduced the A380 on SYD-LAX - it was near impossible to get A class whereas their 744 flights did have A class.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by tfung
Hi guys,

has anyone had any success in booking A class on QR's A380 on the LHR routes.. seems like they don't release any A class seats.. been checking for my flights in May, and it seems they only allow waitlist, but A class never shows up on expertflyer... Anyone had any luck booking themselves on the LHR A380 flights with a AONE?

tfung
Yes, I have A class booked on both the LHR and CDG flights for two people. The CDG flight flight was booked about one month out; LHR was about two months out.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Hmmm.... A significant problem in planning AONEx tix. I just checked April 1, June 1, September 1 and November 1. No A seats available in either direction.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Hmmm.... A significant problem in planning AONEx tix. I just checked April 1, June 1, September 1 and November 1. No A seats available in either direction.
I'm seeing A7 and A8 on every A380 CDG - DOH (and reverse) flight that I checked in ExpertFlyer. Maybe they just loaded them today....
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time I had only checked LHR. This time I checked both LHR and CDG, same dates. Nothing available to or from LHR. Appears to be fully available to and from CDG, however, nearly all flights showing A8. Exceptions are April 1, which is sufficiently close (a week from today) that the seats are probably legitimately gone where it's less than A8.

It's OK by me, though. The 346 in and out of LHR will be a change from the 388; and I've only flown a 346 once, IIRC, LH F MUC-HKG.

Time to start planning. I expect to begin my next AONE4 in mid-May. It's been a number of years since I've done one, -- this will be fun. AND incredibly lucrative (in terms of AA miles) due to the 2015 Promotion. It will be interesting to tally up my final cpm when it's all over.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AND incredibly lucrative (in terms of AA miles) due to the 2015 Promotion.
Don't forget that "Flights eligible for the additional AAdvantage bonus miles include flights marketed and operated by American Airlines or US Airways, and flights operated by the following partner airlines that are marketed by American Airlines or US Airways (sold as an American or US Airways flight number): British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Japan Airlines or Qantas." Others don't qualify.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hillrider
Don't forget that "Flights eligible for the additional AAdvantage bonus miles include flights marketed and operated by American Airlines or US Airways, and flights operated by the following partner airlines that are marketed by American Airlines or US Airways (sold as an American or US Airways flight number): British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Japan Airlines or Qantas." Others don't qualify.
Yup, already noted. BA and JL are the only ones that will help me on this itin; and I'll be maximizing my use of AA codeshares on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.