Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scotland to the east coast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2024, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Scotland to the east coast

would love some help trying to get a better option on a trip i have coming up.

Leaving from Edinburgh or Glasgow, need to get to east coast of USA (New York or Ideally Philadelphia) flying oneworld

If i go as direct as possible - EDI>>LHR>>PHL>>LHR>>EDI - comes in at £8k for business.

Worked out of I break in to two bookings one, via Helsinki, save a bunch of cash.
One booking from EDI>HEL return and then another booking from HEL>>couple of option airports>>PHL return works out at £6k in business.

I don't mind multiple stops, never say no to the bonus tier points :-)

I need to be in Philadelphia first thing on the 1st April and be there until 5pm on the 2nd May. Don't mind starting to travel on the 29th of April. Would like to be back as close as possible to 5pm on the 3rd April.

many thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:22 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
If you can make it to Inverness from home, the return price on BA to JFK (INV-xLHR-JFK) is £6100 using AA codes (BA metal) or £6126 using BA codes.

If you can manage the time or suffer a short non-Oneworld positioning flight, return from Amsterdam to PHL (BA via LHR) is £2977 (AA codes) or £3003 (BA.)
travelingdrsuz and dansound like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Looks like DUB is pretty reasonable too at about £3500 on AA. It gives you the AA non-stop going over, but for some reason it's requiring a connection on the return AA to EI.

You can do that as an open jaw DUB-PHL- either AMS or CDG for ~£3700, which allows you to leave PHL later, meaning you could probably leave on the 2nd vs. the 3rd. I don't see any likelihood of being home at 5pm on the 3rd unless you take an evening flight out of PHL on the 2nd.
dansound likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:45 am
Original Poster

These are super helpful, thank you!
dvs7310 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.