Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access Ready Reckoner:

For access just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US based (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. An AAdvantage or Mileage Plan of Sapphire or Emerald tier traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First & Business Class passengers traveling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely part of a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers on an itinerary which includes First & Business Class travel on a oneworld marketed and operated flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from a domestic oneworld Marketed and Operated flight or an international short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight.
  5. *Recent Reports indicate the following access is being denied with Patrons being redirected to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: First and Business Class passengers traveling on an American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York on three class aircraft.
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
LAX oneworld Business and Qantas First Lounges
LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT)
Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

oneworld Los Angeles (Business) Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~400

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista and coffee selections
  • Shower suites (16)

Notes: The stylish and spacious Business Class Lounge has a contemporary design reflecting Californian culture, combined with signature elements from each airline, built around a communal fireplace and central glass atrium providing natural light. In the lounge's dining area, customers can choose from menus, designed by renowned Qantas chef Neil Perry, based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites with influences of multicultural California, including Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food. Californian food carts similar to the pop-up dining concept offer freshly prepared dishes. At the cocktail bar, customers can select signature cocktails or premium wines, or have the barista create the coffee of their choice. The lounge also offers an enhanced hot and cold buffet, faster WiFi, new workstations and sixteen shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities.
Qantas First Lounge

Opening hours: Daily: 06:30 - 23:30

Capacity: ~200

AMENITIES:
  • Computer connected to Internet
  • Neil Perry restaurant (74 seats, a la carte dining)
  • Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
  • Barista with coffee selections
  • Shower suites (7)
  • Business suites (2 - can be combined for conference room)
  • Shirt pressing (First)

Notes: The Qantas Los Angeles First Lounge defines a new standard of luxury and sophistication for First and eligible premium customers travelling through LAX. The spacious, light and open plan lounge is three times the size of the previous First Lounge. The lounge features a 74-seat a la carte restaurant, Californian Knoll furniture selected by Marc Newson, including 12 Eero Saarinen Womb Chairs with matching ottomans, 2 private work suites that can open into one larger private meeting room, state of the art wi-fi, wireless printing capabilities, TVs equipped with cable television and 7 dedicated shower suites, complete with Aurora Spa products. The a la carte Rockpool menu has been designed by Neil Perry, featuring signature dishes from the Qantas flagship Sydney and Melbourne lounges, as well as locally inspired LA cuisine. Menus will change seasonally, every 3 months. Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.
LAX TBIT oneworld lounges access rules: (v. Feb 25, 2016)

oneworld Business Lounge operated by Qantas

Please note this is not a Qantas Club and is not part of any recipripocity agreement with Admirals Clubs. Must be Sapphire or Business class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First or Business on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T aircraft.

• A Qantas Club member (no AA Admirals Club reciprocity, however)

• "Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result."

Qantas - oneworld First Lounge

Must be Emerald or First class passenger on a oneworld marketed and operated carrier ("qualifying flight") and
  • Departing on a longhaul international flight, or

• Departing on a oneworld flight, having arrived on a qualifying longhaul international flight, or

• Departing in First on AA to JFK on a 3 cabin A321T.

Link to one world lounge access rules and lounge locator
Qantas First Class Lounge for OneWorld Emeralds and First Class Travelers - opened late 2014

Qantas press release

Airside connector open from terminals 4, 5, 6 and 7 to TBIT - Feb 2016

LAX AA T-4 - TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 (AA forum)

2016 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread

Updated 7 Mar 2017 - JDiver

Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT oneworld Lounge Access (Combined thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TexasAussie
First time poster, long time lurker. I'll be flying AA/FJ DFW-LAX-NAN in economy as a OW Sapphire (AA PLT). My question is, will this permit me to use the OW Lounge in LAX? Not sure if OW Connect member FJ qualifies me to use the lounge? Thanks.
I actually had to look up the details on the rules. Unfortunately, the current convoluted OW Connect partner rules would not allow you access. From the OW site-

"Lounge Access.

Indulge yourself before departure when travelling on a oneworld connect journey involving Fiji Airways and a oneworld sponsor, either British Airways, Cathay Pacific or Qantas Airways."

AA is not included in that list.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA - PLT Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I actually had to look up the details on the rules. Unfortunately, the current convoluted OW Connect partner rules would not allow you access. From the OW site-

"Lounge Access.

Indulge yourself before departure when travelling on a oneworld connect journey involving Fiji Airways and a oneworld sponsor, either British Airways, Cathay Pacific or Qantas Airways."

AA is not included in that list.
Thanks for that teemuflyer! Disappointing but makes sense. I'm assuming then as well, access to the Tabua lounge (op by FJ) in NAN would be a no-go for OW Sapphire travelling on FJ/AA as well.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@TexasAussie You may have lounge access. The 20 year anniversary oneworld site is a shocker but this may be helpful:

Fiji Airways flies as first oneworld connect partner | oneworld
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TexasAussie
First time poster, long time lurker. I'll be flying AA/FJ DFW-LAX-NAN in economy as a OW Sapphire (AA PLT). My question is, will this permit me to use the OW Lounge in LAX? Not sure if OW Connect member FJ qualifies me to use the lounge? Thanks.
AA and/or FJ flight numbers?
The lounge access rules for FJ connect are complicated
Sample:- Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)
Has links to lounge access information
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by serfty
@TexasAussie You may have lounge access. The 20 year anniversary oneworld site is a shocker but this may be helpful:

Fiji Airways flies as first oneworld connect partner oneworld
I feel that a lot of the "small prints" here have delayed implementation. AA members are not included in the lounge benefit, and CX members are not allowed to earn and redeem miles yet.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Hi everyone,
shamelessly cross posting here from AA

I'm flying LAX - SYD on July 3 with my sister and brother in law. I see that my status only lets me bring in 1 guest with me to the Flagship Lounge and they are strict on the limit. Is anyone flying out Wednesday night and has an extra plus one for AA FL or OW business lounge they would be willing to share? At the moment we probably plan to arrive at LAX at 830/9pm but have flexibility.
Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Hi,

Later this year, my spouse and I will be traveling MEL-LAX (QF J)-MIA (AA F, non flagship). We have no OW status. We arrive TBIT (6:10 AM), depart T4, with a 3.5 layover at LAX. We both have Global Entry, so I expect our entry to the U.S. to be pretty quick allowing of plenty of time for lounge access, if feasible, for a quick shower before our transcon. flight. In reading the AA/OW rules and scanning of this board, I understand that we: 1. will not have access to any AA branded lounge in T4, 2. should theoretically have access to the OW lounge in TBIT. and, 3: will be allowed by TSA in TBIT to re-clear security with our Miami bound boarding passes even though our flight departs from T4. So, once we clear immigration/customs at TBIT, my plan is to go through security in TBIT to access the OW lounge on level 5. Then, head to our gate using the TBIT-T4 connector, also on level 5, allowing sufficient time for a security check before we enter T4. Does this plan sound reasonable and, if so, how much lead time would you suggest we allow for before heading to our 9:40 MIA flight? Some much earlier posts on this thread indicate that staff at the OW lounge have been known to deny entry for travelers not departing TBIT. I am also assuming that, as we will access the lounge right around its 6:30 AM opening time, capacity control should not be an issue.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Hi,

Later this year, my spouse and I will be traveling MEL-LAX (QF J)-MIA (AA F, non flagship). We have no OW status. We arrive TBIT (6:10 AM), depart T4, with a 3.5 layover at LAX. We both have Global Entry, so I expect our entry to the U.S. to be pretty quick allowing of plenty of time for lounge access, if feasible, for a quick shower before our transcon. flight. In reading the AA/OW rules and scanning of this board, I understand that we: 1. will not have access to any AA branded lounge in T4, 2. should theoretically have access to the OW lounge in TBIT. and, 3: will be allowed by TSA in TBIT to re-clear security with our Miami bound boarding passes even though our flight departs from T4. So, once we clear immigration/customs at TBIT, my plan is to go through security in TBIT to access the OW lounge on level 5. Then, head to our gate using the TBIT-T4 connector, also on level 5, allowing sufficient time for a security check before we enter T4. Does this plan sound reasonable and, if so, how much lead time would you suggest we allow for before heading to our 9:40 MIA flight? Some much earlier posts on this thread indicate that staff at the OW lounge have been known to deny entry for travelers not departing TBIT. I am also assuming that, as we will access the lounge right around its 6:30 AM opening time, capacity control should not be an issue.
Due to the QF J tickets and then connecting to another OW flight on the same day, you both will have access to the AA Flagship Lounge in T4 and the OW Business Lounge in the TBIT. You can even do both if you have the time. Just save your MEL-LAX boarding pass for quicker validation of your eligibility. You should have no issues accessing either lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Due to the QF J tickets and then connecting to another OW flight on the same day, you both will have access to the AA Flagship Lounge in T4 and the OW Business Lounge in the TBIT. You can even do both if you have the time. Just save your MEL-LAX boarding pass for quicker validation of your eligibility. You should have no issues accessing either lounge.
Teemuflyer, thanks for the quick reply! I know on our outbound journey from MIA that we have access to the Flagship lounge as we are departing OW international J. But I did not know that it also applies in reverse as well as we re-enter the U.S. Much appreciated information. Interestingly, the Qantas App shows eligible lounge access all along our journey, with the exception of inbound LAX, where it displays no eligible lounge information. Based on your reply, that appears to be misleading.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Teemuflyer, thanks for the quick reply! I know on our outbound journey from MIA that we have access to the Flagship lounge as we are departing OW international J. But I did not know that it also applies in reverse as well as we re-enter the U.S. Much appreciated information. Interestingly, the Qantas App shows eligible lounge access all along our journey, with the exception of inbound LAX, where it displays no eligible lounge information. Based on your reply, that appears to be misleading.
You can find the relevant section at https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=:

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
  • Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
  • First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
  • Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
    • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
    • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
    • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
i wouldn't worry about the Qantas App - it is often misleading, not showing all options is common.

On the outbound you'll have FL and AC access at MIA, the same at LAX as well at the oneworld lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Does anybody know if the TBIT OW Lounge or the QF F Lounge is open at the moment. According to oneworld.com, they are not listed as closed.
I'll be flying QR 740 to DOH this month and if one of these lounges are not open, I'll probably end up with the AA Admirals Club in Terminal 4.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Would that qualify for access at TBIT QF C Lounge?

LAX-MIA in AA Domestic First, connecting to a same-day AA Business MIA-SCL
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
Would that qualify for access at TBIT QF C Lounge?

LAX-MIA in AA Domestic First, connecting to a same-day AA Business MIA-SCL
Qualify, yes, open, don't know. If the LAX-MIA was on a 77W, it would technically also qualify for Flagship First Dining (both in LAX and MIA), and the QF First Lounge at LAX. But none of these options are open currently and who knows when they will come back.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Does anybody know if the TBIT OW Lounge or the QF F Lounge is open at the moment. According to oneworld.com, they are not listed as closed.
I'll be flying QR 740 to DOH this month and if one of these lounges are not open, I'll probably end up with the AA Admirals Club in Terminal 4.

both closed in March, and still closed, as far as I know.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ose-this-month

from the article: " Qantas lists the Los Angeles Business Lounge among its closures, along with the airlines' own first class lounge upstairs"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.