Wiki Posts
Search

new onewold fares: visit Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

new onewold fares: visit Malaysia

They've already been preannounced on the press release, and I think this will be the URL once it's loaded: http://www.oneworld.com/flights/sing...isit-malaysia/

They're filed in GDSs as passenger type VAC (so you will be able to see them in Expert Flyer etc.), fare basis is LWORLD, book in L. Are valid KUALA LUMPUR/KOTA KINABALU/LABUAN/SANDAKAN/TAWAU/MIRI/BINTULU/SIBU/KUCHING/PENANG/LANGKAWI/ALOR SETAR/KOTA BHARU/KUALA TERENGGANU/JOHOR BAHRU/KUANTAN, are not valid on MH3000 - AND - AND MH9000 series flights, and can be changed for MYR 110 (currently equiv to USD 36) but are non-refundable.

From what I can tell there's no minimum number of segments and while the typical restrictions are there (issue outside of the country, AVAILABLE TO OVERSEAS ORIGINATING PASSENGERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH TRAVEL ON A ONEWORLD CARRIERS AA/AB/AY/BA/CX/HG/IB/JL/KA/LA/MH/NU/QF/RJ/S7/XL/4M TO/VIA ASIA), the oneworld requirement is to Asia (and not Malaysia) and there doesn't seem to be a restriction about having to purchase them before arrival; there's also no general advance purchase requirement, so as long as you get someone to issue them for you abroad, they seem to be useful for last-minute trips.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sector run, anyone ?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
They're trying to attract more tourists to oneworld, they've always focused on business travelers but it seems they started looking at less frequent and leisure travelers. The additions of UL and QR go in that direction. UL is based in a very touristic zone and automatically they fly to the more attractive destinations. QR's 90% flyers who head to Doha connect with another flight and their aircrafts seat configuration is mostly economy (see A380s).

Maybe they'll introduce a visit Qatar pass
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Sector run, anyone ?
Generally the best sector-runs use fares that allow/require a bunch of transfers, yielding sector pricing well under USD50 a/i.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
It's stated that it is only available to residents outside Malaysia. I hold a Malaysian passport and an Australian PR, am I eligible?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by rooivalk
It's stated that it is only available to residents outside Malaysia. I hold a Malaysian passport and an Australian PR, am I eligible?
You're no longer considered a malaysian resident, so that's ok.

Even so, its very difficult to prove the case as you've been issued this ticket, cross referenced to the ticket that brought you to Asia. Which means you are considered a traveller TO Malaysia.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hillrider
They've already been preannounced on the press release, and I think this will be the URL once it's loaded: http://www.oneworld.com/flights/sing...isit-malaysia/
Thanks! I found the webpage: Simple Pricing they claim, but seem shy of mentioning any prices ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.