FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   OW travel ORD-LJU (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1195161-ow-travel-ord-lju.html)

travelbuff Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm

OW travel ORD-LJU

I am looking at oneworld.com for a RT flight from Chicago to Ljubljana and it will only give the outbound flights....nothing inbound except to say No flights found, please contact your nearest travel agent or Airline office for further details. This is for late June travel and mid-July return. What gives?:confused:
Thanks.

Gardyloo Mar 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by travelbuff (Post 16046684)
I am looking at oneworld.com for a RT flight from Chicago to Ljubljana and it will only give the outbound flights....nothing inbound except to say No flights found, please contact your nearest travel agent or Airline office for further details. This is for late June travel and mid-July return. What gives?:confused:
Thanks.

I'm using the downloaded Innovata OW timetable and can see numerous alternatives for mid-July, e.g. LJU-HEL-BRU-ORD etc.

travelbuff Mar 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo (Post 16047431)
I'm using the downloaded Innovata OW timetable and can see numerous alternatives for mid-July, e.g. LJU-HEL-BRU-ORD etc.

Sorry for being daft, Gardyloo...but could you give me the link? The innovata timetable only gives me the OW interactive map, and it says "No route found between ORD and Ljubljana".

BTW, I used the "flight search" for the RT ORD-LJU.

Thanks.

Austinrunner Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Seasonally, Finnair flies LJU > HEL on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday of each week. From HEL, you have many options to return to ORD.

travelbuff Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner (Post 16049500)
Seasonally, Finnair flies LJU > HEL on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday of each week. From HEL, you have many options to return to ORD.

Thanks for that info Austinrunner.^ I may have to adjust my return date to get that flight. FYI, I was going to return on a Saturday....that may be one of the reasons why I was not seeing any flights.

Gardyloo Mar 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by travelbuff (Post 16048925)
Sorry for being daft, Gardyloo...but could you give me the link? The innovata timetable only gives me the OW interactive map, and it says "No route found between ORD and Ljubljana".

BTW, I used the "flight search" for the RT ORD-LJU.

Thanks.

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/flight-in...ble-timetables

Click on "Schedules and Trip Planner Desktop" utility.

nordic Mar 17, 2011 2:44 pm

The earliest arrival from LJU to HEL is at 15:45 so you have to overnight in Helsinki for the AA non-stop flight HEL-ORD at 14:10. The evening flight arrives at 23:00 in HEL.

travelbuff Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I have changed my plans on the inbound.....I would like to fly out of ZAG into STL. I can see ZAG-BUD-JFK-STL. The ZAG-BUD arrives at 11:15 on MA, and then departs for JFK at 11:55. I am unsure what metal is the stateside flight, even though it has a MA (and BA/IB) flight number. Is 40 min enough connecting time?? That seems way too close !! :eek:

Austinrunner Mar 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by travelbuff (Post 16071131)
I can see ZAG-BUD-JFK-STL. The ZAG-BUD arrives at 11:15 on MA, and then departs for JFK at 11:55. I am unsure what metal is the stateside flight, even though it has a MA (and BA/IB) flight number. Is 40 min enough connecting time??

The flight is operated by AA. I would never book an international to international connection of 40 minutes, especially with a change of operating carrier.

I would try to do something like this (depending on availability and, if you are trying to book an all-partner award, AA's routing restrictions):

MA 471, ZAG 1015 > BUD 1115
BA 867, BUD 1330 > LHR 1510
AA 91, LHR 1715 > ORD 2005
Spend the night in Chicago.
AA 761, ORD 1055 > STL 1155

travelbuff Mar 27, 2011 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Austinrunner (Post 16071186)
The flight is operated by AA. I would never book an international to international connection of 40 minutes, especially with a change of operating carrier.

I would try to do something like this (depending on availability and, if you are trying to book an all-partner award, AA's routing restrictions):

MA 471, ZAG 1015 > BUD 1115
BA 867, BUD 1330 > LHR 1510
AA 91, LHR 1715 > ORD 2005
Spend the night in Chicago.
AA 761, ORD 1055 > STL 1155

Austinrunner: Thanks for taking time to plug in a routing for me. I have a feeling I would need to overnight somewhere if I wanted to leave from ZAG. I was wondering, though if I could do this in LHR or HEL, instead of ORD?

Austinrunner Mar 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by travelbuff (Post 16109275)
I have a feeling I would need to overnight somewhere if I wanted to leave from ZAG. I was wondering, though if I could do this in LHR or HEL, instead of ORD?

On an all-partner award from Europe to North America, you cannot have a stopover in Europe. To spend the night in LHR or HEL, you would have to: (1) book a flight to LHR or HEL that is scheduled to arrive after the last scheduled departure from that city to your next destination; and (2) book the first scheduled flight the next day. If the first scheduled flight the next day is not available for booking, then this strategy will not work.

You could, of course, book two awards: (1) all-partner within Europe; and (2) all-AA or all-partner from Europe to North America.