Search

Where are OW's fares

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:32 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Where are OW's fares

Could we be looking at another price rise?

The costs of the oneworld Explorer fares disappeared from the oneworld website in the last 20-odd hours.

Just last night (eastern Australian time on 1 March) I was using the menu where you select the country of purchase and it gives the table of charges. Now it's gone.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:28 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Or are the fares being removed from the website - a big backward step in my book.

Anyone got a Premium E/F membership to check a few fares
Copied these from my previous version as representative of major countries and some of the common starting locations.

______________ DONE4 DONE5 AONE4 AONE5
South Africa__ 48,000 55,200 72,900 83,800
Australia_____ 11,699 12,999 17,399 18,899
Hong Kong_____ 84,890 91,750 127,450 138,260
United States 10,799 12,299 14,899 17,099
United Kingdom 5,719 6,551 10,347 11,689
Israel (EUR)__ 7,200 8,500 10,000 11,700
Denmark_______ 45,805 52,975 83,425 92,720
Japan_________ 780,400 895,200 1,126,100 1,304,900
All in local currency

Last edited by moa999; Mar 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm Reason: Edited Australia - had screwed up the xcy conversion
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by danger

The costs of the oneworld Explorer fares disappeared from the oneworld website in the last 20-odd hours.

Just last night (eastern Australian time on 1 March) I was using the menu where you select the country of purchase and it gives the table of charges. Now it's gone.
Did they think no one would notice? Pretty disreputable practice on OW's part to do so.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues

The costs of the oneworld Explorer fares disappeared from the oneworld website...
Although it's a bit cumbersome to do, I did just make a dummy-booking for a DONE4 from JNB. As of 1700 GMT on 2-March, the old price remains in force.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

I was just asked to do a survey when accessing the site.

I expressed my displeasure at the removal of base prices!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:59 pm
JYA

Where are OW's fares

A first-time poster with a few questions:

What happened to Oneworld's online listing of Explorer fares?

Has anyone had any experience with purchasing a RTW Explorer fare in another country? (I'm debating whether to make my own way to Peru from the U.S. and then purchasing a RTW fare or if I should just start it in the U.S.)

Any help would be great. Thx.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: QFF
They took the base fare prices off the oneworld website - reason unknown. Some people suspect the price removal may be due to a possible impending increase. The tickets themselves are still available for booking, they just no longer have the base fares listed online (though you can get a quote for a Oneworld Explorer via the online tool).

I have had no issues booking a RTW trip via the online tool from outside the country of origin (in this case, booked it to start in Japan rather then Australia).
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
Having the fares there previously for quite a few years and now taking them away is duplicitous.

On my visit to confirm it, I was asked to complete a survey on the OW website, which gave me the opportunity to pass those thoughts on (given that there is no direct OW contact information there, only for the individual member airlines).

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 16, 2011 at 5:03 pm Reason: clean up after making this its own thread
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
(given that there is no direct OW contact information there, only for the individual member airlines).
There is a form on the site that can be used to contact OW directly. You need to go to the FAQs page, and click the 'enquiry form' link.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:15 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I used the form on the website to ask what had happened to the fare estimate and within 48 hours received this response:
The Fare Estimate was removed as it does not comply to legal minimum requirements for issueing pricing to customers. We are looking at alternatives but they will always need to include the full customer itinerary as pricing depends on each leg of the itinerary.

Please contact the reservation centre of any of the oneworld member airlines to get more information on pricing or complete the itinerary for oneworld Explorer on the oneworld website to get your actual fare quote before going to booking.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: QFF: WP
Good thinking danger, and even better you got a quick response.

Interesting reason, In Australia it is a legal requirement to display the full price including all taxes and charges in all price advertising. So it make sense, but surely with this type of fare, an indicative range should be sufficient.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:06 am

I used the form on the website to ask what had happened to the fare estimate and within 48 hours received this response:
The Fare Estimate was removed as it does not comply to legal minimum requirements for issueing pricing to customers. We are looking at alternatives but they will always need to include the full customer itinerary as pricing depends on each leg of the itinerary.

Please contact the reservation centre of any of the oneworld member airlines to get more information on pricing or complete the itinerary for oneworld Explorer on the oneworld website to get your actual fare quote before going to booking.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.
That’s a pretty poor excuse. The fares listed on the site were the base fares before taxes. Just what is wrong with having a disclaimer next to the price list?

"Prices do not include taxes and other airport and government fees. Final price can change based on route flown and exchange rate changes."

'legal minimum requirements'? What requirements? Whose requirements? IATA, ICAO, some government?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Timba-Jet
Good thinking danger, and even better you got a quick response.

Interesting reason, In Australia it is a legal requirement to display the full price including all taxes and charges in all price advertising. So it make sense, but surely with this type of fare, an indicative range should be sufficient.
OneWorld is headquartered in New York, in the land of the 'x+tax'.
It doesn't make sense to include tax in the advertised base price of something when the taxes and charges change on a day to day basis simply through changes in exchange rates.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:27 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Himeno
OneWorld is headquartered in New York, in the land of the 'x+tax'.
It doesn't make sense to include tax in the advertised base price of something when the taxes and charges change on a day to day basis simply through changes in exchange rates.
Sorry, but OW is still headquartered in Vancouver BC. The move to NYC is scheduled for the northern summer.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Himeno
That’s a pretty poor excuse. The fares listed on the site were the base fares before taxes. Just what is wrong with having a disclaimer next to the price list?

"Prices do not include taxes and other airport and government fees. Final price can change based on route flown and exchange rate changes."

'legal minimum requirements'? What requirements? Whose requirements? IATA, ICAO, some government?
I believe there are several countries in the world where it is now a legal requirement that any advertised fares must be all inclusive. These include Australia, Singapore and (I believe from a quick Google) the EU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.