Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easiest FFP to obtain One World Emrald/Sapphire Status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Easiest way is to get in your time machine and go back to last fall and do a US Chairman challenge for 30k miles.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by nk15
Easiest way is to get in your time machine and go back to last fall and do a US Chairman challenge for 30k miles.
Now all we need is a Delorean....
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I should also add to this thread that recent QF Simpler and Fairer changes make it much harder to earn QF Status Credits when not on QF, JQ metal or QF codeshares
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I head that AA *sometimes* status match.. but would they?

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I primarily fly MH now since they fly me to where I want to go regionally.
No doubt they'd be great regionally since they are much better than Air Asia, but I want to earn points and I don't mind funneling them into AA -but cheap tickets don't exactly give you much.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:46 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by jubbing
I head that AA *sometimes* status match.. but would they?

No doubt they'd be great regionally since they are much better than Air Asia, but I want to earn points and I don't mind funneling them into AA -but cheap tickets don't exactly give you much.
If you're considering AA, I'd wait until they announce changes to their program. It's a great program in it's current form as far as redeeming for partner airlines, but WHEN they gut their program, who knows.

That hasn't been a priority of theirs because of the merger, but now that's winding down. Look at UA/DL and see the type of changes they made and I believe that's the direction they're heading.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by gemini573
If you're considering AA, I'd wait until they announce changes to their program. It's a great program in it's current form as far as redeeming for partner airlines, but WHEN they gut their program, who knows.

That hasn't been a priority of theirs because of the merger, but now that's winding down. Look at UA/DL and see the type of changes they made and I believe that's the direction they're heading.
Eh, I have 100,000 AA points currently, so a bit late :P
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Eh, I have 100,000 AA points currently, so a bit late :P
You can burn your 100K redeemable miles sooner rather than later (AA points are different beasts to miles)

I have over 200K miles and have no plans/need to redeem them in the near future (in the middle of a DONE5 at the moment); so I will just have to sweat on how the program will be 'enhanced'.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a good year to attain AA status, lots of $1500 TATL business fares earning a 2 points per mile (includes .5 point/mile bonus).
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I have thought about joining AA, but with the 4 flight segment requirement, it was kinda difficult since I may not have a chance to fly on AA metal (or it doesn't matter and I just need to book an AA marketed ticket and that will earn towards the 4 flight segment requirement?). I have thought about flying on an AA marketed ticket to IAD/DCA from ex-SIN but prices are more expensive than other carriers.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I have thought about joining AA, but with the 4 flight segment requirement, it was kinda difficult since I may not have a chance to fly on AA metal (or it doesn't matter and I just need to book an AA marketed ticket and that will earn towards the 4 flight segment requirement?). I have thought about flying on an AA marketed ticket to IAD/DCA from ex-SIN but prices are more expensive than other carriers.
Yea I agree, it's going to be awful trying to get levels. But with AA started flights LAX - SYD, I might be able to get 2, but not more.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:38 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Are there any non-AA OW carriers that either don't require or don't enforce a requirement for flights on their own metal?

I've already got my EXP/Emerald renewed and have a fair amount of premium travel booked for the rest of the year, but it's all on AA/US. Only other OW carrier I've flown this year is LAN, but those segments credited to AA.

Looking to wind up Sapphire for domestic US lounge access. Will easily qualify via BA but for the 4 BA segment requirement. Am I out of luck?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Are there any non-AA OW carriers that either don't require or don't enforce a requirement for flights on their own metal?

I've already got my EXP/Emerald renewed and have a fair amount of premium travel booked for the rest of the year, but it's all on AA/US. Only other OW carrier I've flown this year is LAN, but those segments credited to AA.

Looking to wind up Sapphire for domestic US lounge access. Will easily qualify via BA but for the 4 BA segment requirement. Am I out of luck?
I believe Air Berlin will status match your *A status, so you can get that for 1.5 years.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:19 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
I believe Air Berlin will status match your *A status, so you can get that for 1.5 years.
Hadn't looked at Air Berlin... good call. Though I've flown almost nothing on *A this year.

Also looks like I could just book 4 AA/US operated but BA coded flights to meet the requirement, too. Correct?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Hadn't looked at Air Berlin... good call. Though I've flown almost nothing on *A this year.

Also looks like I could just book 4 AA/US operated but BA coded flights to meet the requirement, too. Correct?
I think Air Berlin just needs a copy of your card, not a detailed miles statement. Not sure about your other question. My guess would be BA would want you to fly BA metal.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question Which will be the best program?

My nephew is planning to fly from YYZ-SIN with Finnair, the routing is YYZ-LHR(BA)-HEL(AY)-SIN(AY). On the AY site where we are attempting to book it says 200% mileage in the AY program.

My question to you is which program shall he accumulate with and he currently has none.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.