Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:50 pm

Quick question (which I think I know the answer to)...

If a traveller without status lands in T5 on a clubworld flight, and has a separately ticketed euro traveller flight later the same day, am I right in thinking they'd have access to the arrivals lounge but not any of the airside lounges?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RG1X
Quick question (which I think I know the answer to)...

If a traveller without status lands in T5 on a clubworld flight, and has a separately ticketed euro traveller flight later the same day, am I right in thinking they'd have access to the arrivals lounge but not any of the airside lounges?
They have access to the arrivals lounge (it closes at 2pm tho) and access to any airside GC lounge - keep hold of your inbound CW bp as you will need to show this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
You'd also have access to any other oneworld business class lounges under oneworld rules.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by christep
You'd also have access to any other oneworld business class lounges under oneworld rules.
Indeed, but there arent any others at T5
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
This is true, but there are BA euro-traveller flights from T3 (where there are other ow lounges) as well, and @RG1X didn't specify the outbound terminal.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:55 am

So despite your flight being over, you can still access departure lounges (if you have another oneworld flight)?

Handy to know. I just assumed that as it was no longer a valid ticket, it wouldn't be useable to get into those.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
So despite your flight being over, you can still access departure lounges (if you have another oneworld flight)?

Handy to know. I just assumed that as it was no longer a valid ticket, it wouldn't be useable to get into those.
yes this is standard oneworld rules. If you are connecting from a F/J oneworld long haul flight on to another oneworld sub 5 hour flight you get lounge access at the connection point based on your inbound flight. There has been some debate about whether this holds for separate tickets but I havent seen any suggestion from reports that people are being denied on that basis.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:05 am

Here is the relevant rule, helpfully it seems not to be available on the redesigned oneworld site!

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:18 am

Excellent, thanks all.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:20 am

Is there an inexpensive way to get a once off lounge access at Tom Bradley Int'l at LAX for 2 adults and 1 infant?

I've looked at credit cards that offer free priority pass membership but they all seem to come with hefty fees and priority pass is $99ea/year plus $32ea per visit. Is priority pass the least expensive route?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by gecko316
Is there an inexpensive way to get a once off lounge access at Tom Bradley Int'l at LAX for 2 adults and 1 infant?

I've looked at credit cards that offer free priority pass membership but they all seem to come with hefty fees and priority pass is $99ea/year plus $32ea per visit. Is priority pass the least expensive route?
PP from CSR (450 annual fee) is unlimited. but this is not really a oneworld question.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
PP from CSR (450 annual fee) is unlimited. but this is not really a oneworld question.
didn't see that lol, i just searched "lounge" and it got me here. In the meantime, I did find a credit card that gets me priority pass access for a $95 annual fee.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: low and not enough
Gold benefits on intl basic Econ ticket

My wife is flying internationally phl-lhr but on a basic Econ fare (O fare). The only seats she can select are the paid ones for $90 each way, which she has paid for before.
She also has a buy to Gold offer for $335. My question is: if she was Gold, would any of these seats be available complimentary instead of paid? Shell be traveling to Europe at least once more this year, so at $90/seat, buying Gold would be a better option, but only if the seats would be included.
Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by snowfilmer
My wife is flying internationally phl-lhr but on a basic Econ fare (O fare). The only seats she can select are the paid ones for $90 each way, which she has paid for before.
She also has a buy to Gold offer for $335. My question is: if she was Gold, would any of these seats be available complimentary instead of paid? Shell be traveling to Europe at least once more this year, so at $90/seat, buying Gold would be a better option, but only if the seats would be included.
Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!
basic economy fare is b. O is standard economy.
Which seats to be included really out of the question. You do get more options as you move up in status but it really depends what you are after.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snowfilmer
My wife is flying internationally PHL-LHR but on a basic Econ fare (O fare). The only seats she can select are the paid ones for $90 each way, which she has paid for before
Is this on BA or AA?
BA charge for seat selection for most tickets, including business class, unless mid - top OW status

By "Gold" is this AA, BA gold or what?
AA gold = OW ruby (bottom level)
BA gold = OW emerald (top level)

https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits (look down the very bottom of the page)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.