Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:39 am

Sorry if it wasn't clear, the flights would be purchased and I'd be looking to pay to upgrade if upgrades are available, but I had read JAL/CX won't upgrade a codeshare (even paid).
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
You want to book CX flight number out, and JL flight number back, but have them on the same ticket, but not booked as a codeshare?

Call either CX/JL and ask them to price it for you, but the fare will likely be more than you were hoping for.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:06 am

Hey all, I have booked a flight from Auckland to Hong Kong with Air New Zealand that operates on Cathay Pacific metal. As a QFF Platinum status, will I get lounge access in Auckland? Thanks!!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jayknob Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by Jayknob
Hey all, I have booked a flight from Auckland to Hong Kong with Air New Zealand that operates on Cathay Pacific metal. As a QFF Platinum status, will I get lounge access in Auckland? Thanks!!
If flying business class you will have access to Air NZ lounge (for all CX flights)
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AKL

In economy class with a NZ flight number believe the answer is no. You show the boarding pass when entering the lounge
I think this question has been asked on the QF or Air NZ forums

https://www.airnewzealand.com.au/co-...cathay-pacific

https://news.cathaypacific.com/consu...-route-171806#

Edit
Look here. Lounges are mentioned in page 16. CX & NZ status holders only. CX status holders do not get access on NZ marketed flights
https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/NZ......rochure_FA.pdf

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 3, 2019 at 3:44 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:20 am

Hi Mwenenzi,

Thanks for the fast response and welcome to the forum. Appreciate the help, and looking forward to becoming an active member of FT!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Hello everyone
After a few weeks of chasing air fares for a summer family trip from the UK to Vietnam, we're ready to hit the buy now button but I wanted some input first on the use of OneWorld lounges...

My wife and I are (will be) BA Gold/ OWE but the flights we are looking at are in Y on QR via DOH to SGN/HAN.

We are taking two of our adult children with us (21 and 18) and so would like to make sure that they benefit from our status (sadly we can't afford J!).

Two questions: choice of airport ex-UK and which lounge (if any) can we use at DOH?

1. Our exUK options are
LHR - which seems to be using the T4 Skyteam lounge (not the dedicated QR one)
LGW - the Aspire lounge, which has some poor reviews here or
BHX - the No 1 Traveller lounge which seems decent

Can someone please confirm that OWE + Y boarding card + guest = successful access for all of these (or not!).

2. Which lounge/s can we use whilst in transit at DOH? Our flights have a 1 hour to 3 hour layover (dependant on routing) and if we have access to a good lounge, I'm happy to take the longer layover. Looks like the "OneWorld First lounge" is ok as this thread indicates.

Originally Posted by tmac100
Yup, I concur. OWS travelling in Y = me into the HIA Business Class lounge this past week end... I know this will continue, so why bother with these questions???
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From the lounge guide ( https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access ) , would have access to either of Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge or the Qatar Airways First Class Lounge.
​​​​​​​
And yes. I think now I've answered the question but I still have a nagging doubt about the 'kids' and being able to guest them in!
Thanks all

Last edited by SavvyTravel; Feb 4, 2019 at 10:20 am Reason: Corrected link
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Please check details for lounges using links below:
At LHR T4, loungeshttps://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR At DOH,https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DOH
Safe travel
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: QFP LTS
Smile KL lounge access with Qantas Gold status

Hi,
Newbie question ....
If I have Qantas gold status and am flying through KL on Malaysian Airlines in economy - will I have lounge access and would anyone know which lounges I am able to use?
Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
Hello everyone
After a few weeks of chasing air fares for a summer family trip from the UK to Vietnam, we're ready to hit the buy now button but I wanted some input first on the use of OneWorld lounges...

My wife and I are (will be) BA Gold/ OWE but the flights we are looking at are in Y on QR via DOH to SGN/HAN.

We are taking two of our adult children with us (21 and 18) and so would like to make sure that they benefit from our status (sadly we can't afford J!).

Two questions: choice of airport ex-UK and which lounge (if any) can we use at DOH?

1. Our exUK options are
LHR - which seems to be using the T4 Skyteam lounge (not the dedicated QR one)
LGW - the Aspire lounge, which has some poor reviews here or
BHX - the No 1 Traveller lounge which seems decent

Can someone please confirm that OWE + Y boarding card + guest = successful access for all of these (or not!).

2. Which lounge/s can we use whilst in transit at DOH? Our flights have a 1 hour to 3 hour layover (dependant on routing) and if we have access to a good lounge, I'm happy to take the longer layover. Looks like the "OneWorld First lounge" is ok as this thread indicates.

And yes. I think now I've answered the question but I still have a nagging doubt about the 'kids' and being able to guest them in!
Thanks all
depending on your departure times, you will also have access to the good Malaysian airlines lounge in T4 however it is only open in the morning and then later in the day.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Jacksta
If I have Qantas gold status and am flying through KL on Malaysian Airlines in economy - will I have lounge access and would anyone know which lounges I am able to use?
As a QF Gold, you would be oneworld Sapphire, and so would potentially have access to the MH and CX lounges in KUL.

https://www.oneworld.com/members/qantas#tiers
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=KUL
Jacksta likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
depending on your departure times, you will also have access to the good Malaysian airlines lounge in T4 however it is only open in the morning and then later in the day.
Thanks @celtic_warrior. We ended up picking the ex LHR option mid afternoon. If possible we will try both if the MH one is open.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:48 am

Planning a xONEx itinerary, and have 2 questions. Please point me to the rules (could not find them any more on the new and enhanced web site) or from recent experiences. Thanks in Advance.
1. Is this portion of itinerary allowed? LAX-SYD-PER-xMEL-NRT. Note that I am back-trekking to MEL with a less than 24 hour layover at MEL.
2. Never flew S7 nor have I ever been to even the air-side of any Russian airport. Hence this question: I want to fly this itin NRT-xIKT-HKG. Plan to do international to international transit (less than 24 hours) without a visa. Is it prudent to do so?
Thank you for your sharing.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Planning a xONEx itinerary, and have 2 questions. Please point me to the rules (could not find them any more on the new and enhanced web site) or from recent experiences. Thanks in Advance.
I'm happy to answer the question you asked, but I wanted to point you at a thread with many existing helpful tips, advice, information, and interpretation of the rules (it's a great resource when planning an xONEx): The oneworld explorer ticket FAQs.

1. Is this portion of itinerary allowed? LAX-SYD-PER-xMEL-NRT. Note that I am back-trekking to MEL with a less than 24 hour layover at MEL.
No. While backtracking within a continent is permitted (except for Hawaii and North America), SYD-PER uses up your one permitted to/from PER transcon within Australia, so you can fly SYD-PER but then you'd have to add a connection to to from PER to MEL:

WITHIN AUSTRALIA ONLY ONE NONSTOP/SINGLE PLANE SERVICE FLIGHT IS PERMITTED BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING POINTS -
BNE/CBR/CNS/SYD/MEL - PER
CBR/MEL/SYD - DRW
BNE/MEL/SYD - BME
BNE/MEL/SYD - KTA

You can fly each line once, and you want to fly the first line (the PER line) twice. Add a connection (or stop) (such as ADL) or connect to NRT another way.

2. Never flew S7 nor have I ever been to even the air-side of any Russian airport. Hence this question: I want to fly this itin NRT-xIKT-HKG. Plan to do international to international transit (less than 24 hours) without a visa. Is it prudent to do so?
Thank you for your sharing.
I'd suggest asking in a Russia related forum or even a TripAdvisor forum.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:25 pm

@ anabolism,

Thank you very much. I read the Explore tix FAQ on and off. Now with 174 pages, I admit I tried the easy way out!

Thanks again!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
@ anabolism,

Thank you very much. I read the Explore tix FAQ on and off. Now with 174 pages, I admit I tried the easy way out!

Thanks again!
Happy to help. You might try reading the FAQ and other sticky threads in the OneWorld forum bottom-up (last page first), so you get the more current information first.
allset2travel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.